ITS TWO GAMES!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
So we lost. !@%#&%!!!

Move on to the next game. Note the mistakes and learn from them. Take out all your aggression on the Saints on Monday Night!

Some of you guys are being overly dramatic.

One game doesn't make a season.

We know, but here's the reason its so worrisome:

First five games are @Seahawks, Saints, @Chiefs, @Falcons and Eagles. That is a BRUTAL first five games, and losing the most winnable of the bunch so badly to start it off could very well kill the season. At this point, if we come out of this stretch 1-4 we should consider ourselves lucky. The Chiefs aren't very good, but that's at Arrowhead, so even that game will be tough.

How many teams make the playoffs after starting 1-4? 0-5?

Sorry, but losing this game is HUGE unless the team bounces back and fast.

we won't be favored in any of those games unless KC somehow manages to get destroyed worse than we did

Two years in a row we choked in Seattle. This team could easily lay an egg in Kansas City.
its not one game, its been YEARS and counting........................
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I understand we are only 0-1 but...we're making the same mistakes as last year and the years before. Taking timeouts, running the clock down, not deciding what to do on 4th down, throwing high, dropping catches, etc.

It just felt like we didn't improve from last year, which is why many are frustrated. Also, look at the post game stuff. Alex is blaming coaches, coaches are blaming players, and it just doesn't look right. I'm usually an optimistic guy, but it reminded me of the first game Singletary coached 2 years ago.

It was more than just a loss, or players and coaches wouldn't have called a mandatory meeting after their flight back from Seattle hours after 1st game of the season.

See you nailed it even the team is concerned and calling a meeting , just like a lot of fans are showing concerns that we still have many of the same problems and weaknesses as last season. It is one game but we could easily be 0-2 after next week. Red flags have gone up along with all of those yellow ones.
As of now this is only one game that seems insignificant.

Revisit this one game during week 17 and decide how important/not important it was.
Originally posted by Daniel2778:

Thank You! I am tired of watching this team lose. I don't even care who's fault it is anymore. There is no excuse for the way they played in Seattle.
Originally posted by Daniel2778:

this. jrg i would normally agree, but im just really disappointed because it's all talk and no wins. every game we see stupid mistakes like the norris missed TD and etc. and every game we keep giving excuses but we're never gunna get past anyone if we limit those mistakes and just score.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I understand we are only 0-1 but...we're making the same mistakes as last year and the years before. Taking timeouts, running the clock down, not deciding what to do on 4th down, throwing high, dropping catches, etc.

It just felt like we didn't improve from last year, which is why many are frustrated. Also, look at the post game stuff. Alex is blaming coaches, coaches are blaming players, and it just doesn't look right. I'm usually an optimistic guy, but it reminded me of the first game Singletary coached 2 years ago.

It was more than just a loss, or players and coaches wouldn't have called a mandatory meeting after their flight back from Seattle hours after 1st game of the season.

See you nailed it even the team is concerned and calling a meeting , just like a lot of fans are showing concerns that we still have many of the same problems and weaknesses as last season. It is one game but we could easily be 0-2 after next week. Red flags have gone up along with all of those yellow ones.

Yea, the way we lost today is what disappointing. Fans know it, players know it and coaches know it. It was alarming which is why the team had a mandatory meeting.

Honestly, going on the road against KC in that environment - I'm not feeling as confident as I did yesterday.

C'mon Niners - get your s**t together and shock the World on MNF
Originally posted by bigmike55:
The Rams were expected to suck and lose. Bradford was expected to struggle, he's a rookie. The Rams were the worst team in the NFL last year.

We were expected to perform at a high level and win. Smith was expected to be improved from his reckless deer in headlights self, he's a 6 year veteran. We were an 8-8 team last year, supposedly on the rise.

Alex Smith is ruining the 49ers franchise.

this is correct

this team is cursed, yr after yr i feel as if i'll never see this f**king team win

What the hell happened? I just received the score because I'm on my to India. There was no sign that this was coming. My blood boils thinking of Pete Carroll jumping up and down on the sidelines. I thought the score would be 49ers 24 Hawks 0, boy this is a real letdown for the faithful. I know it's one game, but it's the first game and if the troops can't produce now, what's next. Will the Saints play pitch and catch after a nice long layoff? Must take a deep breath, will hang in there because I'm a Niner fan through thick and thin.
It sounds good and all to say it's one game. It's a reflection of things that occured in the past that we all thought were just that, the past. different season same silly mistakes from top to bottom. How long should we keep on giving this team a pass. Do you think great players would even look at this and say it is ONE GAME? Remember that lost to the Eagles the superbowl year? Steve Young went ballistic when Seifert pulled him and we rolled from thereon. I did not see any type of fire from one of our players. WHERE ARE THIS TEAMS LEADERS? It may be one game on the schedule, but it is certainly NOT one game for the way we continue to play IT IS A HABIT that needs to be breaked. I am calling out ALL the team captains to get the troops going and show some much needed leadership since it is not coming from the position coaches.

Coach sing needs to get on Crabtree as he has handled him too softly since he joined the team. If the starters are not performing throughout the game, pull them for someone who is hungry enough like Zeigler. A serious message needs to be sent to these prima donas. Lack of leadership is killing this team and it is a sad affair. I only envision what someone like a Jimmy Johnson would have done after a game like that on yesterday.
Originally posted by loud3800:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
The Rams were expected to suck and lose. Bradford was expected to struggle, he's a rookie. The Rams were the worst team in the NFL last year.

We were expected to perform at a high level and win. Smith was expected to be improved from his reckless deer in headlights self, he's a 6 year veteran. We were an 8-8 team last year, supposedly on the rise.

Alex Smith is ruining the 49ers franchise.

this is correct

Honest to God. How long is this Alex Smith experiment going to continue? It has failed miserably. He has peaked and will not get any better. Sure, he may have a good game from time to time but his inconsistency is killing the team. What made it worse just before the game I saw Hill (a.k.a. noodle arm) throw a TD strike for a come from behind win that the refs took away. Crappy call.

Smith is incapable of coming from behind to win a game. He's nothing more than a choke artist. It's way past time to end this madness.

LB
we made the Seattle defense look like they had a bunch of probowlers!!!

Saints D just wrecked Minny, what are they going to do to Alex?
Share 49ersWebzone