LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

I think we cut the wrong QB !

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think you're wrong.

So what if he has a big arm, it takes way more than that to succeed in the NFL.

I think Davis would have gone undrafted if Scotty didn't waste a 5th on him.
[ Edited by DaveWilcox on Sep 7, 2010 at 4:30 PM ]
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I think you wrong.

So what if he has a big arm, it takes way more than that to succeed in the NFL.

I think Davis would have gone undrafted if Scotty didn't waste a 5th on him.

Exactly.
I really think the mods need an "easy Button" to remove certain threads and community members you know threads like this one. Really cracks me up how members of this board fall head over heels for certain players on the team and always seem to think they are going to be pro bowl players even though they rarely sniff the field.
i hate to bash nate davis bc i liked him AS A 3RD STRINGER, hes nothing more, and wont be a starting qb in this league, changing 3rd string qbs is about as important as changing the quality control manager (the guy who is in charge of keeping track of how many timeouts and challenges we have left and stuff like that)....if we get into a situation where we would be starting nate davis, or now troy smith, our season is absoulutely lost anyway! nate davis is not intelligent enough to be a starting qb, i know that might be messed up bc i know he has a learning disability, but nfl defenses dont go easy on anyone, so it doesnt matter. troy smith is more mobile and has better arm strength, if it came down to it, for one or two games, i would much rather have troy smith than nate davis....thats my opinion, feel free to criticize away, nate davis lust-fest that is the webzone.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by darkknight49:
I like Nate Davis, I think he has potential, I am a fan not a coach who sees Davis every day. I am not Davis's boss, I don't hand him assignments and see wether he completes them or not. As much as I know about football (it seems like a lot to me) the coaching staff knows more.

Davis was electrifying; at times. As much as I thought of Davis it was clear to me he didn't get it. Their are some QBs, Michael Vick for one who call the play wait for it to break down then they improvise. Davis LOOKED (remember I'm just a fan) like this was his style.

David Carr looks pretty bad, but I am willing to bet he out hustled Davis, and spent more time studying, or things might be different. Carr as bad as he looks, must be making the right reads, the right pre-snap adjustments, and setting up his blocking accordingly, he simply sucks once the ball is snapped. I would assume that the coaching staff would rather have the play run poorly rather than not at all, this makes coaches feel like they are in charge.

Troy (new) Smith has loads of upside, and raw talent, if not for an injury he would have started over the rookie Flaco. He already has a basic understanding of our offense and will undoubtedly pass Carr on the depth chart. He may not pass him this season, but he will pass him.

Troy Smith is a real threat to Alex Smith come next season, this puts Alex on the hot seat, and gives the us an option should Alex choose to leave.(imagine Alex blowing up this year and leaving)

Nate Davis is special mostly to us, the Niner Fans. Nate Davis is not a household name, if Nate were tradable (is that a word tradable?) We might have moved him. I don't think (I don't really) that many teams are looking to add him and we will be able to move him to the PS.

Coaches get a grace period of 2-3 seasons to turn a team around, Singletary is in his second (I don't count his interim season). Sing can't afford to have too many projects on the team (one of Nolans big problems), he needs winners now. He is not all that impressed with Davis or Carr, so Troy makes so much sense I can't believe I am still typing.

So the nobody could make a serous argument that the team is not stronger. Nobody can make a real argument that the team is not better prepared for the season, and well set for the future. After all, think back to just last year, S. Hill, A. Smith, and N. Davis really that was our stable of QB's. I for one Like A. Smith, New Smith and Carr!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I like Nate Davis, I think he has potential, I am a fan not a coach who sees Davis every day. I am not Davis's boss, I don't hand him assignments and see wether he completes them or not. As much as I know about football (it seems like a lot to me) the coaching staff knows more.

Davis was electrifying; at times. As much as I thought of Davis it was clear to me he didn't get it. Their are some QBs, Michael Vick for one who call the play wait for it to break down then they improvise. Davis LOOKED (remember I'm just a fan) like this was his style.

David Carr looks pretty bad, but I am willing to bet he out hustled Davis, and spent more time studying, or things might be different. Carr as bad as he looks, must be making the right reads, the right pre-snap adjustments, and setting up his blocking accordingly, he simply sucks once the ball is snapped. I would assume that the coaching staff would rather have the play run poorly rather than not at all, this makes coaches feel like they are in charge.

Troy (new) Smith has loads of upside, and raw talent, if not for an injury he would have started over the rookie Flaco. He already has a basic understanding of our offense and will undoubtedly pass Carr on the depth chart. He may not pass him this season, but he will pass him.

Troy Smith is a real threat to Alex Smith come next season, this puts Alex on the hot seat, and gives the us an option should Alex choose to leave.(imagine Alex blowing up this year and leaving)

Nate Davis is special mostly to us, the Niner Fans. Nate Davis is not a household name, if Nate were tradable (is that a word tradable?) We might have moved him. I don't think (I don't really) that many teams are looking to add him and we will be able to move him to the PS.

Coaches get a grace period of 2-3 seasons to turn a team around, Singletary is in his second (I don't count his interim season). Sing can't afford to have too many projects on the team (one of Nolans big problems), he needs winners now. He is not all that impressed with Davis or Carr, so Troy makes so much sense I can't believe I am still typing.

So the nobody could make a serous argument that the team is not stronger. Nobody can make a real argument that the team is not better prepared for the season, and well set for the future. After all, think back to just last year, S. Hill, A. Smith, and N. Davis really that was our stable of QB's. I for one Like A. Smith, New Smith and Carr!

Given that Smith willingly took a pay cut to stay a Niner, I think his heart is in San Francisco. Don't really think if he is not here next year it will be because he chose not to be. I have a feeling he is going to improve this year and be a top 10-15 qb.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Given that Smith willingly took a pay cut to stay a Niner, I think his heart is in San Francisco. Don't really think if he is not here next year it will be because he chose not to be. I have a feeling he is going to improve this year and be a top 10-15 qb.

I hope your right on both counts, but if you job (Sings does) depended on it would you hedge you bet by adding a QB who could be ready to start sooner rather than later (T.Smith v Davis)?

lol if we cut the wrong qb why is it taking him forever to be picked up surely every1 wants the next best qb with nate davis

I hope your right on both counts, but if you job (Sings does) depended on it would you hedge you bet by adding a QB who could be ready to start sooner rather than later (T.Smith v Davis)?

I think Smith was added because he knew the system, he also doesn't have a learning disability like Davis.

I think Smith was added because he knew the system, he also doesn't have a learning disability like Davis.

not only does he not have a learning disability, he Smith works his ass off, and is everything that Singletary likes. Sing also said he wouldn't mind Smith pushing Carr for the back up role just because he wants to promote competition and work ethic within the locker room no matter where on the depth chart you are.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/09/06/10/Maiocco-Commitment-Not-a-Question-with-T/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=305403&feedID=5936
Originally posted by cNiner:
It shows how Sing is not there at all, if you have no faith in your Back up qb aka Carr why keep him ? we should have cut him and moved on with troy Smith insted of getting rid of Nat lots of potanital Davis ! Sing got to question this decision

I think we have the potential to have a potentially potential potentiality!
Share 49ersWebzone