LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

I think we cut the wrong QB !

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
I think we have the potential to have a potentially potential potentiality!

You should start a thread on that
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:

You should start a thread on that

The word "potential" has been used way to much in this thread.

lol.

-9fA
On the contrary, I think it shows Singletary wants three experienced QB's on his roster. Potential only goes so far...yes, Davis has the arm...and some playmaking abilities. But, Coach was right, he hasn't applied himself to really learn the offense...Nate even admitted it. Troy Smith is also an athletic QB, but he has 14 games under his belt and some decent stats. He played at Ohio St, so was up against superior talent. Coach already has a QB project on the PS in Jarret Brown...he didn't want one on his active roster.
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by cNiner:
It shows how Sing is not there at all, if you have no faith in your Back up qb aka Carr why keep him ? we should have cut him and moved on with troy Smith insted of getting rid of Nat lots of potanital Davis ! Sing got to question this decision

you have to be joking, you think we should have cut Carr and instead of Davis? Then we would be one play away from having no qb's on our team knowing the offence! Good thinking

Exactly! If Alex went down, what could Nate do? He can't remember the plays, or the protections, and we would get killed. What would he do if the qb's mike went out? What's he going to do in the huddle then? At least Carr knows the plays and protection calls. Dude was lazy about his job and now he doesn't have it. You don't miss your water till the well runs dry...
I'm just glad the scientific community has already diagnosed Nate's learning disability.

Hopefully, they discover whatever disability Alex suffers from and can help future kids who aspire to be NFL QBs.
Originally posted by susweel:
Im not gonna say it.

we shoulda cut alex smith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I'm just glad the scientific community has already diagnosed Nate's learning disability.

Hopefully, they discover whatever disability Alex suffers from and can help future kids who aspire to be NFL QBs.

His only disability is idiots like you, who think they are smarter than the ones who ACTUALLY play the game. AS a side note he graduated from a 4 year school in two years. How'd you do?
I am one of the biggest Alex haters here. I've been hating on Alex since year two of his niner career. I know Alex is more ready than Nate Davis and will out perform David Carr.

But, WTF is Singletary thinking? Nate had the most upside of any of the three current niner QB's. Troy Smith is a black version of Shaun Hill. Troy has a serious case of the noodle arm.

I don't know exactly when this happened. But it seems like the niners are destined to become mediocre at best for the next several years.

Here is a prediction for everybody here. Sing's days are numbered as a head coach or his ability to cut players will be removed. Alex will play one year past Sing's tenure as a coach. The niners are now three years away from any resemblance of decent QB play.

Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:

This photo made this thread worth reading. Love it
Originally posted by fister30:
I am one of the biggest Alex haters here. I've been hating on Alex since year two of his niner career. I know Alex is more ready than Nate Davis and will out perform David Carr.

But, WTF is Singletary thinking? Nate had the most upside of any of the three current niner QB's. Troy Smith is a black version of Shaun Hill. Troy has a serious case of the noodle arm.

I don't know exactly when this happened. But it seems like the niners are destined to become mediocre at best for the next several years.

Here is a prediction for everybody here. Sing's days are numbered as a head coach or his ability to cut players will be removed. Alex will play one year past Sing's tenure as a coach. The niners are now three years away from any resemblance of decent QB play.

yea! let's base the future of the niners on our backup qb's, that's it!
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by fister30:

yea! let's base the future of the niners on our backup qb's, that's it!

David Carr is a career back up. Nate Davis was a development project that Sing abandoned. Alex Smith is a back up, he doesn't realize it yet.

Troy Smith does not have a chance to become a quality starting QB in the NFL. Troy simply doesn't have the physical tools.
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
REALLY?

Okay EEEEEENough already.

Christ we're talking about the THIRD STRING QB!!!!!

I swear you would have though we traded Vernon Davis and Patrick Willis to the Cardinald for Matt Lienart and a 7th round pick.

Again say it with me .....

THIRD STRING.

dont joke around

GM has a point. He was here a full year and he only knows a fraction of the playbook. You would think that a guy in his situation and with his SITUATION, would work harder at their game to compensate for his deficiencies. Feel me?

[ Edited by ObePwnD on Sep 7, 2010 at 6:50 PM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I am not happy with Carr at #2. If Alex goes down we are in real trouble. Hope Smith is healthy and can start all 16 games.
Share 49ersWebzone