There are 196 users in the forums

Steve Young interview about Alex Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by whatawegot:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
alex smith is a joke. You either have the instincts or you dont as an nfl quarterback. All you groupie smith lovers better get ready to get let down. When the games on the line in the 4th quarter and smith has to make the passes to win the game he will choke? Has he ever, ever takin his team from a deficit and brought the team back to win? I didnt think so. GO ahead and hold out hope faithfful. Its a pipedream. One lastpoint and there is no misreading this quote from romanoski on comcast sports net television the other day. "Alex smith will never be th quarterback of the future for the san francisco 49ers. People i know on the team state that very fact and this year is a transition year for the quarterback position. Even managemnt says they are commited to him but behind the scenes they are not". U think he was talking out his piehole? I think not as an x niner. THeres nothing for him to gain for lyeing on national tv.

seattle arizona he woulve against texans if ST didnt fumble the ball, he wouldve against seattle again if gore didnt fumble or VD didnt drop the ball in the endzone or if the D didnt allow a last second field goal he came back against GB last year but the D screwed that up as well

Wow. R u old enuf to remember the line excuses are like as.....holes everyone has one. Would a coulda shoulda. I will say this about you 49erlady. YOu at least have a good memory in regards to last years loses. It too bad its a tainted memory. HOpe to see you at a niner game with a alex smith jersey. THere are closet lovin smith fans in the house.

49erlady

• joe58
  • Veteran
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by fly15:
alex smith is a joke. You either have the instincts or you dont as an nfl quarterback. All you groupie smith lovers better get ready to get let down. When the games on the line in the 4th quarter and smith has to make the passes to win the game he will choke? Has he ever, ever takin his team from a deficit and brought the team back to win? I didnt think so. GO ahead and hold out hope faithfful. Its a pipedream. One lastpoint and there is no misreading this quote from romanoski on comcast sports net television the other day. "Alex smith will never be th quarterback of the future for the san francisco 49ers. People i know on the team state that very fact and this year is a transition year for the quarterback position. Even managemnt says they are commited to him but behind the scenes they are not". U think he was talking out his piehole? I think not as an x niner. THeres nothing for him to gain for lyeing on national tv.

seattle arizona he woulve against texans if ST didnt fumble the ball, he wouldve against seattle again if gore didnt fumble or VD didnt drop the ball in the endzone or if the D didnt allow a last second field goal he came back against GB last year but the D screwed that up as well

Thats 5 excuses... you're good

How are those excuses?? If the poster had said "well Alex was really sick and he was fatigued..." that's an excuse. Those are things in his control. Good players over come fatigue and sickness.

How are dropped balls and fumbles an excuse?? Did he cause them? You sound like a complete tard Popsicle when you parrot.

its like this; when you parrot and dancing [/u]Lambada...

How are those excuses?? If the poster had said "well Alex was really sick and he was fatigued..." that's an excuse. Those are things in his control. Good players over come fatigue and sickness.

How are dropped balls and fumbles an excuse?? Did he cause them? You sound like a complete tard Popsicle when you parrot.

Lamb-I brought up the topic only because he has done nothing. I agree with you they are not exucses but in my opinion they are cop out statements.Brett farve wins football games, ben wins football games, brady wins football games, warner won football games, romo wins football games, rivers wins football games, mcnbb wins football games, rogers wins footbal games. With their arms!!!!. Their gamers and they have the backing of their coach and team. Sorry but alex does not, even though you may hear or think otherwise. NO excuses about if this player only did this or if that reff called that. IT ABOUT QUARTERBACKS MAKING PLAYS. THats it, nothing more. Until he does that hes lost my vote. STAY TUNED>
Well, this was a helpful thread, clarifying a poorly represented quote and having the potential to spark some good conversation.

Unfortunately, too many people can't read past the subject line, missing the point entirely - and then fly showed up.

Now it's probably time to lock it up.

Lamb-I brought up the topic only because he has done nothing. I agree with you they are not exucses but in my opinion they are cop out statements.Brett farve wins football games, ben wins football games, brady wins football games, warner won football games, romo wins football games, rivers wins football games, mcnbb wins football games, rogers wins footbal games. With their arms!!!!. Their gamers and they have the backing of their coach and team. Sorry but alex does not, even though you may hear or think otherwise. NO excuses about if this player only did this or if that reff called that. IT ABOUT QUARTERBACKS MAKING PLAYS. THats it, nothing more. Until he does that hes lost my vote. STAY TUNED>

exactly they win it with their arms how is alex throwing it then with his foot? he puts the ball where it needs to be and sorry to say some of our players cant make the extra step to make those catches im not saying alex is an all pro qb or even a pro bowler as of now but last year we wouldve won much ,ore games if we had more playmakers and the question was has he ever caught up from behing and the answer is yes he has and it would be even more if our team were full of play,akers
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wadjay:
Well, this was a helpful thread, clarifying a poorly represented quote and having the potential to spark some good conversation.

Unfortunately, too many people can't read past the subject line, missing the point entirely - and then fly showed up.

Now it's probably time to lock it up.

then Memph1s and his b0dy gu@rds showed up....

Im not going to argue this topic any more bro. Your a smith supporter and im not. To each their own. Just go back to a few snapshots from last year. Alex in trouble and he rolls right and throws out of bounds. Smithe back to pass and has robinson out in the flat and overthrows him. Bring last years tapes and the year before out of the archives and watch all the overthrows, underthrows and missed balls. Go ahead and blame it on the lack of playmakers. If i remember correctly they had playmakers last year. An improved offensive line, ted ginn and zilger are no reasons to get all gooshy on me in 2010.

exactly they win it with their arms how is alex throwing it then with his foot? he puts the ball where it needs to be and sorry to say some of our players cant make the extra step to make those catches im not saying alex is an all pro qb or even a pro bowler as of now but last year we wouldve won much ,ore games if we had more playmakers and the question was has he ever caught up from behing and the answer is yes he has and it would be even more if our team were full of play,akers

Im not going to argue this topic any more bro. Your a smith supporter and im not. To each their own. Just go back to a few snapshots from last year. Alex in trouble and he rolls right and throws out of bounds. Smith back to pass and has robinson out in the flat and overthrows him. Bring last years tapes and the year before out of the archives and watch all the overthrows, underthrows and missed balls. Go ahead and blame it on the lack of playmakers. If i remember correctly they had playmakers last year. An improved offensive line, ted ginn and zilger are no reasons to get all gooshy on me in 2010.

Well, If Romo said it, it MUST be true. Class act, that guy!
  • tn9er
  • Veteran

Romo would do or say anything for another bottle of "Roids".

As for Alex and a come from behind win, Try watching to rivalry between the 49ers and the Cardinals and you may just find a last second victory despite a f---ed-up coaching staff.

lol Romo wins games? Just 2 years ago he missed the playoffs with a 9-7 record despite being on a top 5 talented team in the NFL. Alex was 1 game off that team record last year. Or Manning misses the playoffs this year and now he sucks too? Give it up dude you're just making s**t up now.
Steve Young doesn't think Alex Smith can be the great QB that the 49ers are looking for.
Singletary felt Patrick Willis wasn't worth the 1st round selection.

At this point, I don't think it matters what these HOF guys think, or for that matter what the analysts think. The players have a chance to prove themselves starting next week, so let's hope they do.
This is Alex's chance to take the next step, especially with all the talent around him. If he can't make it this year, get him out of here at the end of the season.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Steve Young doesn't think Alex Smith can be the great QB that the 49ers are looking for.

At this point, I don't think it matters what these HOF guys think, or for that matter what the analysts think. The players have a chance to prove themselves starting next week, so let's hope they do.
This is Alex's chance to take the next step, especially with all the talent around him. If he can't make it this year, get him out of here at the end of the season.

I dont think you can compare Sings assessment of a college Willis with Youngs assessment of NFL Smith
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:

I dont think you can compare Sings assessment of a college Willis with Youngs assessment of NFL Smith

Did you even listen to the f**king interview? For Pete's sakes STEVE SAID ALEX HAS A CHANCE TO BECOME THE GUY AND A REALLY GOOD QB. He didn't say he WILL, but he said that it COULD happen, and he thinks he can be the guy. Barber messed up the quote but he was talking about Leinart being stuck in the proverbial 3rd gear, and Alex is up to around the 4th, and now we'll see if he can get to the 5th or 6th gear that a really good QB plays at.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:

Did you even listen to the f**king interview? For Pete's sakes STEVE SAID ALEX HAS A CHANCE TO BECOME THE GUY AND A REALLY GOOD QB. He didn't say he WILL, but he said that it COULD happen, and he thinks he can be the guy. Barber messed up the quote but he was talking about Leinart being stuck in the proverbial 3rd gear, and Alex is up to around the 4th, and now we'll see if he can get to the 5th or 6th gear that a really good QB plays at.

Wow So hostile. I dont think you understood what I meant, but I dont really care anyway
Share 49ersWebzone