LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 134 users in the forums

Steve Young interview about Alex Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by wadjay:
Well, this was a helpful thread, clarifying a poorly represented quote and having the potential to spark some good conversation.

Unfortunately, too many people can't read past the subject line, missing the point entirely - and then fly showed up.

Now it's probably time to lock it up.

then Memph1s and his b0dy gu@rds showed up....

That's Fly.
Well, this was a helpful thread, clarifying a poorly represented quote and having the potential to spark some good conversation.

Unfortunately, too many people can't read past the subject line, missing the point entirely - and then fly showed up.

What the f**k are you babbling about now? You are the one that comes into every thread trying to stir up drama. I wonder how much longer the mods will tolerate your behavior.

• joe58
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

What the f**k are you babbling about now? You are the one that comes into every thread trying to stir up drama. I wonder how much longer the mods will tolerate your behavior.

Maybe you need a bigger fly swatter.
Originally posted by joe58:

Maybe you need a bigger fly swatter.

Ignorance will be the demise of that one, the problem will take care of itself.

Fly predicts the future
Wow, I really don't know how Steve can still compare Leinart to Smith on any plausible level (maybe years ago, but now), did Young even watch Leinart during the preseason!? -The dude has nothing on Alex anymore in terms of "body language", Matt had no f**king pocket presence at all compared to even Alex Smith's progress/transition going way (back) to that Texans game.

Hell Leinart couldn't even properly hand the ball off to his RB on a generic I-formation; HB split, something at least even Alex knows to a f**king 'T' now under the Jimmy Raye experience.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Wow, I really don't know how Steve can still compare Leinart to Smith on any plausible level (maybe years ago, but now), did Young even watch Leinart during the preseason!? -The dude has nothing on Alex anymore in terms of "body language", Matt had no f**king pocket presence at all compared to even Alex Smith's progress/transition going way (back) to that Texans game.

Hell Leinart couldn't even properly hand the ball off to his RB on a generic I-formation; HB split, something at least even Alex knows to a f**king 'T' now under the Jimmy Raye experience.

Dude listen to the interview again he said Leinart at this point is like the opposite of Smith, not that he's like the same player
ohhhh gawsh... we're fooked.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Steve Young's arrogance is painful. His story isn't unlike Smith's thus far, so he shouldn't come from such a holier than thou perspective. And if you're not aware, that is how he has talked about Smith since his first year with the team. I don't know why he feels so frightened by Smith... Somehow in Steve Smith's mind, Alex Smith is a threat to him. At least that is how it seems to me whenever I hear how he speaks about Smith.

what tha hell are you smokin?
what? when? where?

• 4ML
  • Veteran
I think no one can deny that Alex Smith is much better than last year. Now, is that going to be enough - that's what we will find out this season.

Let's go NINERS! ONE MORE MOTHERf**kING WEEK
Itr's probably time to ban a couple members.

Gotta start a bunch of sh@t cause they got nothing better to do.

Well if they got nuthin better to do they should start their own blogs and campaign for Smith's removal.

It's pathetic how putting something into the proper context can lead to all out hate and discontent.

In the mean time this thread or repremand the Offenders. I'm tired of the garbage.

I hope Smith takes this stuff personal and make you eat your words off his sphincter pile.

People can't even just be fans anymore. If we are we're Homers. Go root for another team already. This one hasn't seen the playoffs in 8 years. You'd think that all the bandwagon fans would have jumped overboard by now. But NOPE, some are like maggots on stool. One even made it to being a fly.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Plain and simple, Smith is gonna continue to get remarks like these until he proves everyone wrong. All the talk in the world right now is not gonna make him better or worse, I don't care who praises him and who doubts him.

Imagine being Alex Smith, and having to hear that about yourself from one of the great QBs of the franchise he is now playing for. Some will say he should man up and prove otherwise, and I think that is the mentality Smith probably takes, at least at this point in his career. But at the same time, Young should be helping Smith because that would be helpful to the 49ers, the franchise that made him the star he still benefits to this day from being.

Steve is just being a paid professional, he can't be a homer and blow sunshine up Alex's a$$, if he did, no one will repect what he says at all. This is Alex's year to put up or shut up. Simple as that. Why are you getting your panties in a bunch.

If there is a commentator that should be let go its Keyshawn Johnson, such a doofus, what has he done that makes his opinion valuable-nothing!
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by whatawegot:
alex smith is a joke. You either have the instincts or you dont as an nfl quarterback. All you groupie smith lovers better get ready to get let down. When the games on the line in the 4th quarter and smith has to make the passes to win the game he will choke? Has he ever, ever takin his team from a deficit and brought the team back to win? I didnt think so. GO ahead and hold out hope faithfful. Its a pipedream. One lastpoint and there is no misreading this quote from romanoski on comcast sports net television the other day. "Alex smith will never be th quarterback of the future for the san francisco 49ers. People i know on the team state that very fact and this year is a transition year for the quarterback position. Even managemnt says they are commited to him but behind the scenes they are not". U think he was talking out his piehole? I think not as an x niner. THeres nothing for him to gain for lyeing on national tv.

seattle arizona he woulve against texans if ST didnt fumble the ball, he wouldve against seattle again if gore didnt fumble or VD didnt drop the ball in the endzone or if the D didnt allow a last second field goal he came back against GB last year but the D screwed that up as well

Thats 5 excuses... you're good

That's fly.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by whatawegot:
alex smith is a joke. You either have the instincts or you dont as an nfl quarterback. All you groupie smith lovers better get ready to get let down. When the games on the line in the 4th quarter and smith has to make the passes to win the game he will choke? Has he ever, ever takin his team from a deficit and brought the team back to win? I didnt think so. GO ahead and hold out hope faithfful. Its a pipedream. One lastpoint and there is no misreading this quote from romanoski on comcast sports net television the other day. "Alex smith will never be th quarterback of the future for the san francisco 49ers. People i know on the team state that very fact and this year is a transition year for the quarterback position. Even managemnt says they are commited to him but behind the scenes they are not". U think he was talking out his piehole? I think not as an x niner. THeres nothing for him to gain for lyeing on national tv.

seattle arizona he woulve against texans if ST didnt fumble the ball, he wouldve against seattle again if gore didnt fumble or VD didnt drop the ball in the endzone or if the D didnt allow a last second field goal he came back against GB last year but the D screwed that up as well

Thats 5 excuses... you're good

How are those excuses?? If the poster had said "well Alex was really sick and he was fatigued..." that's an excuse. Those are things in his control. Good players over come fatigue and sickness.

How are dropped balls and fumbles an excuse?? Did he cause them? You sound like a complete tard Popsicle when you parrot.

its like this; when you parrot and dancing [/u]Lambada...

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone