LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

David Carr looks Terrible

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He knows what he is doing, is gutty and won't do anything stupid, but my goodness it takes him 10 minutes to decide to throw. Pretty tough on the line.
Hangs on to the ball way too freaking long. You can't do that in the NFL. He may have more experience in the league, but Nate Davis has immeasurably more presence and field instincts than Carr possesses.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
...Nate Davis has immeasurably more presence and field instincts than Carr possesses.

...or Smith.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
...Nate Davis has immeasurably more presence and field instincts than Carr possesses.

...or Smith.

Why are you taking a shot at Smith when he played better then either of his 2 back ups have against better competition? No matter what he does you guys still hate on him.
Originally posted by skynet907:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by fly15:
he's terrible!!
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

...or Smith.

Why are you taking a shot at Smith when he played better then either of his 2 back ups have against better competition? No matter what he does you guys still hate on him.

I like Smith. I'm just saying that Nate Davis is more of a 'natural'.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Carr does have one good thing going for him, though. Unlike last season where it didn't matter who was starting, you consistently found yourself wondering if the other starting QB might do better, but with Carr, there's absolutely no nagging doubt. Smith is clearly the best QB on the team.

...and if he continues at his current pace, Davis will beat him out for the 2-spot. The thought of him backing up Smith terrifies me. At least Davis can make the right reads with no hesitations.

In the end, Sing will make the right decision.

too bad nate davis only knows about 5 plays

...or Smith.

I don't know about that. If he does, it's extremely marginal. Smith has a good balance of both the ability to improvise and make plays, as well as the intelligence to execute, to learn, recognize defenses, etc. -- He can do all the cerebral things that are required of a QB in the NFL.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 28, 2010 at 11:27 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerFan1977:
Originally posted by skynet907:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by fly15:
he's terrible!!

...or Smith.

I don't know about that. If he does, it's extremely marginal. Smith has a good balance of both the ability to improvise and make plays, as well as the intelligence to execute, to learn, recognize defenses, etc. -- He can do all the cerebral things that are required of a QB in the NFL.

it's amazing how Smith's "pocket presence" improves when there isnt a defender in his face on a 3 step drop...

He's pretty bad. I can't believe we don't have a better #2. Alex looks great compared to him. Carr holds the ball way too long.
Hangs on to the ball way too freaking long. You can't do that in the NFL. He may have more experience in the league, but Nate Davis has immeasurably more presence and field instincts than Carr possesses.

This.

Dont tell me that coaches aren't bias. There is no way you can convince me Carr is a better option than Davis.

...or Smith.

Didn't you know that rule was installed in the Zone's ToS?

Rule 20 section 5 subsection 3... "Must hate Alex Smith and take cheap shots any time the opportunity presents itself. Also must champion Nate Davis's cause in order to further Smith's release."

~Ceadder
Just not very good with the ball, holds way too long.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

...or Smith.

Didn't you know that rule was installed in the Zone's ToS?

Rule 20 section 5 subsection 3... "Must hate Alex Smith and take cheap shots any time the opportunity presents itself. Also must champion Nate Davis's cause in order to further Smith's release."

~Ceadder

BAM! Post....Of....The...DAY!
Share 49ersWebzone