There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

player you like but may not make roster?

Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by BobS:
Why all the Jason Hill fans? That speed of his is no good with his hands of stone, if he hasn't figured out how to catch by now, he never will.

Where do you get this idea?

When we've actually seen him get into games, he catches the ball.

http://www.warroomreport.com/draft/rankings/wr/hill.htm

Jason Hill played at a high level of competition for four seasons while at Washington State. Jason Hill has a good initial burst and tremendous downfield speed to stretch the field vertically. He also has excellent hands and has shown the ability to be versatile as a WR, he is just as likely as to run a 10 yard curl or a slant as he is to run a post or a jet. He had solid productivity at the collegiate level, even though the QB position was never an area of strength for the Cougars.

I like the kid too Gavin, but the bottom line he's been inconsistent through out his entire career here. One day awesome routes coupled with strong hands, then drops and no follow through, too inconsistent given the talent we now have at WR.

Who would have thought?

I'm not making any commentary on Hill with those last two posts. Just answering the ridiculousness of those I was responding to. One says he didn't think he was fast, and the next says he has "hands of stone". He IS fast, one fo the fasted WR's in the NFL, and every scouting report I can find (I only read a few, that was the #1 Google result for "Jason Hill Scouting Report" I posted) says he has great hands.

Hill has never come close to showing that speed in a football game.
DE Tukuafu, FB Miller
Patrick Willis and Frank Gore.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Travis LaBoy - I hope we keep 5 OLBs because as I keep saying he's had 3.5-6.0 sacks every year of his career and we could certainly use them. He looked great against the Vikings.

Bruce Davis - The Steelers cut him but they have 2 of the best 3-4 OLBs in the game and also drafted two OLBs early. He has looked good but he has not shot with Lawson, Haralson, Briggs, Brooks and possibly LaBoy.

Jason Hill - I guess the guy needs a change of scenery. He has looked good when give a chance but he never gets one so...

Will Tukuafu - Has a great motor and does a great job on screens. He recognizes them and releases from his block and sprints to the running back. He's gotten into the backfield quite a bit in his little amount of action.

Phillip Adams - I hope this guy makes the team. He showed his quick hips while breaking up 3 passes. He was in a a few other tackles against the Vikings and had one tackle for loss where he flew up to the FB in the flats and cut him down.

Mike Balogun - Looks like a decent player but not much room with Willis, Spikes, Bowman, Wilhelm and possibly McKillop. The guy could be a practice squad player but he's 26 already. I believe he played semi pro ball so he could be 27-28 before he sees the field (as a roster player) so not sure he is worth keeping around on more than the PS at best.

NICCCEEEEEEE!!!!
Originally posted by JPREZ2XXL:
Travis LaBoy - I hope we keep 5 OLBs because as I keep saying he's had 3.5-6.0 sacks every year of his career and we could certainly use them. He looked great against the Vikings.

Bruce Davis - The Steelers cut him but they have 2 of the best 3-4 OLBs in the game and also drafted two OLBs early. He has looked good but he has not shot with Lawson, Haralson, Briggs, Brooks and possibly LaBoy.

Jason Hill - I guess the guy needs a change of scenery. He has looked good when give a chance but he never gets one so...

Will Tukuafu - Has a great motor and does a great job on screens. He recognizes them and releases from his block and sprints to the running back. He's gotten into the backfield quite a bit in his little amount of action.

Phillip Adams - I hope this guy makes the team. He showed his quick hips while breaking up 3 passes. He was in a a few other tackles against the Vikings and had one tackle for loss where he flew up to the FB in the flats and cut him down.

Mike Balogun - Looks like a decent player but not much room with Willis, Spikes, Bowman, Wilhelm and possibly McKillop. The guy could be a practice squad player but he's 26 already. I believe he played semi pro ball so he could be 27-28 before he sees the field (as a roster player) so not sure he is worth keeping around on more than the PS at best.

NICCCEEEEEEE!!!!

Donald Avery just blew an ACL if Jason Hill gets cut you can bet the Lambs sign him
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Patrick Willis and Frank Gore.

and Crabtree & Mays
Britt Miller
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Will Tukuafu.
Briggs and Miller.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by JPREZ2XXL:

NICCCEEEEEEE!!!!

Donald Avery just blew an ACL if Jason Hill gets cut you can bet the Lambs sign him

dude i felt so sorry for rams fans they can't catch a break. It looked like it was going to be a great year for a Bradford to avery combo. i dont want the rams to succeed but dang i can only imagine how much hope you can have for a season as a fan after that.
Pretty much all the players I like have been named. So I'll go with Jarrett Brown, I think he could make a pretty good PS addition. He's got a hell of an arm too