LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

player you like but may not make roster?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Briggs, Boone
nate davis hill reggie smith
Boone/Sims, Kyle Williams, Briggs/LaBoy, Curtis Taylor, Will James, Phillip Adams

Its going to be interesting to see how we handle the injuries to Kyle Williams and Will James. Both played well before they were hurt.
I will say phillip adams, and travis laboy. I think laboy will be better than briggs, but who knows....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Jason Hill

but ziegler and hill are basically the same exact thing....

Hill is faster and stronger. Ziegler is skinny as a rail.

Is Hill faster? I didn't think Hill was a burner.

To answer the original question, Britt Miller. I'd rather have him than Norris at this point.
The thing I like about our approach to the 53 -man squad is that we keep the best players regardless of position. For example, I see both LaBoy AND Briggs landing on the team. Given our OL situation, I believe both Boone and Sims will stay.

I think that the FBs are gone except for Morris because of Byham's versatility. I honestly think that Hill will not make it given his propensity for injury and inconsistency in practice and in games. Curtis Taylor I think will get the nod over Will James given Phillip Adams' play and versatility.

Out of all of them, Hill is the one I liked. I just don't think he's going to make it, but will with another team for sure.
Originally posted by sdninerfan:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Jason Hill

but ziegler and hill are basically the same exact thing....

Hill is faster and stronger. Ziegler is skinny as a rail.

Is Hill faster? I didn't think Hill was a burner.

To answer the original question, Britt Miller. I'd rather have him than Norris at this point.

He had the 2nd fastest 40 at the combine (4.32 to Yamon Figurs 4.30, Ginn didn't run)...
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Why all the Jason Hill fans? That speed of his is no good with his hands of stone, if he hasn't figured out how to catch by now, he never will.
Originally posted by BobS:
Why all the Jason Hill fans? That speed of his is no good with his hands of stone, if he hasn't figured out how to catch by now, he never will.

Where do you get this idea?

When we've actually seen him get into games, he catches the ball.
Originally posted by Gavintech:

http://www.warroomreport.com/draft/rankings/wr/hill.htm

Jason Hill played at a high level of competition for four seasons while at Washington State. Jason Hill has a good initial burst and tremendous downfield speed to stretch the field vertically. He also has excellent hands and has shown the ability to be versatile as a WR, he is just as likely as to run a 10 yard curl or a slant as he is to run a post or a jet. He had solid productivity at the collegiate level, even though the QB position was never an area of strength for the Cougars.

Jason Hill played at a high level of competition for four seasons while at Washington State. Jason Hill has a good initial burst and tremendous downfield speed to stretch the field vertically. He also has excellent hands and has shown the ability to be versatile as a WR, he is just as likely as to run a 10 yard curl or a slant as he is to run a post or a jet. He had solid productivity at the collegiate level, even though the QB position was never an area of strength for the Cougars.

I like the kid too Gavin, but the bottom line he's been inconsistent through out his entire career here. One day awesome routes coupled with strong hands, then drops and no follow through, too inconsistent given the talent we now have at WR.

Who would have thought?
Originally posted by ninertico:

I like the kid too Gavin, but the bottom line he's been inconsistent through out his entire career here. One day awesome routes coupled with strong hands, then drops and no follow through, too inconsistent given the talent we now have at WR.

Who would have thought?

I'm not making any commentary on Hill with those last two posts. Just answering the ridiculousness of those I was responding to. One says he didn't think he was fast, and the next says he has "hands of stone". He IS fast, one fo the fasted WR's in the NFL, and every scouting report I can find (I only read a few, that was the #1 Google result for "Jason Hill Scouting Report" I posted) says he has great hands.
Originally posted by ninertico:

Who would have thought?

I'm not making any commentary on Hill with those last two posts. Just answering the ridiculousness of those I was responding to. One says he didn't think he was fast, and the next says he has "hands of stone". He IS fast, one fo the fasted WR's in the NFL, and every scouting report I can find (I only read a few, that was the #1 Google result for "Jason Hill Scouting Report" I posted) says he has great hands.

I may the speed comment, but I really was asking a question. The last coupla years the team has gone out and signed a receiver to spread the field and take a safety deep. If Hill was so fast, I would have expected him to be used in that role, so I was surprised that he clocked the second fastest 40. He's always performed when called upon in games.
Manny...

He missed all those unrequired team activites. And Brooks is just so much better than he is.

He's not going to make the team.

Alex Smith...

Nate Davis is a super stud. The coaching staff are not blind. They're just giving Smith the brush off and will name Davis QB1 on mandatory cut day.

Iz sad

~Ceadder
Briggs and LaBoy!!
Share 49ersWebzone