LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 201 users in the forums

what you liked and didnt like ( PRESEASON WEEK 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Didn't like: Got blacked out from NFLN. Pretty much pissed me off! I tried watching the game online, but was only able to watch about 1 quarter before streams got shut off.

Liked: They reshowed the game, so I will be going home to watch the action.

I will try to follow up later to give a better response.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Once again -- Nate Davis played lights out football in garbage time.

Yes -- I know it's garbage time. Yes -- I know he looked impressive against the training camp scrubs and roster fodder that will be searching for jobs after the final cutdown.

I understand as much.

But -- he continues to look good. He continues to look in control.

Why? Why can't we play him -- just once you understand -- in the 1st quarter? Against a real starting defense? Why don't the powers that be want to find out what they really have here?

I know -- he'll never get his chance unless Alex and David hit the skids. Seems like a big waste to me.

You'll never truly know what you have until you give the kid a chance to PLAY.

Yet -- he doesn't get that chance.

Boggling.

Not sure if you remember his play in the final Preseason game last year; but, he did take over at the end of the 1st quarter (our 2nd series) and played the rest of the game. He went 13 for 23 for 115 yards in his 3+ quarters of play and only led us to 1 TD. He didn't look all that impressive against San Diego while earning his 66.4 QB rate which included 4 3&Outs and an INT to finish the game.

So, he did get a chance last year and didn't do so hot. I'm sure he will get another chance in the final pre-season game this year to show us just how much he's learned since then...

[ Edited by D_Niner on Aug 16, 2010 at 14:09:19 ]
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Once again -- Nate Davis played lights out football in garbage time.

Yes -- I know it's garbage time. Yes -- I know he looked impressive against the training camp scrubs and roster fodder that will be searching for jobs after the final cutdown.

I understand as much.

But -- he continues to look good. He continues to look in control.

Why? Why can't we play him -- just once you understand -- in the 1st quarter? Against a real starting defense? Why don't the powers that be want to find out what they really have here?

I know -- he'll never get his chance unless Alex and David hit the skids. Seems like a big waste to me.

You'll never truly know what you have until you give the kid a chance to PLAY.

Yet -- he doesn't get that chance.

Boggling.

Because in practice he does things like turn the wrong way on a hand off, that is not gonna get you much first team playing time. I want to see him get some first team reps, but he is going to have to earn them. Playing well against pizza delivery boys doesn't translate into being a starting quality quarterback. I like that they have started teaching him plays with film instead of the traditional way, maybe that helps him develop quicker. There was a reason that he didn't get drafted until the late rounds though.
Share 49ersWebzone