There are 170 users in the forums

IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WOULD YOU SHARE THE NEW STADIUM W/ THE RAIDERS ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WOULD YOU SHARE THE NEW STADIUM W/ THE RAIDERS ?

Originally posted by btwagner:
Only if they build an incredible stadium on treasure island and the teams played every year as part of the 18 game schedule. Run Bart to it from both sides of the bay and ferry in fans.

So that's a no by default.
Yes, I would. It just does not make fiscal sense to have two whole football stadiums within close distance with each other. The state is bankrupt and as bad as the Stick is, the Colisieum may be in an arguably worse state.

Furthermore, while there might be initial fan backlash, I think the two fanbases will be able to co-exist with each other.

-9fA
bump
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:

WHY ARE YOU f**kING YELLING

I am German, this is what we do...

Classic

But no to the question. Went to the Coliseum once to see a Raiders game. Thats really all I need to say!
dont mind as long i dont see those f**kers
yes
nm

[ Edited by aman49 on Jun 13, 2011 at 00:02:10 ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Yes, I would. It just does not make fiscal sense to have two whole football stadiums within close distance with each other. The state is bankrupt and as bad as the Stick is, the Colisieum may be in an arguably worse state.

Furthermore, while there might be initial fan backlash, I think the two fanbases will be able to co-exist with each other.

-9fA
I don't know, but man does Alex Smith suck, I really wish he wasn't on this team anymore.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

-9fA

Same...

I like the thought of them being in Oakland (commute), but hate the thought of sharing with the Gaider bumbs.
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

-9fA

Same...

Not if they have to play if each other, which is once every four years...then all hells breaking loose.
I don't think the Niners will have a real choice...Goodell has already championed for them to share it. Jed needs Goodell's support to get the stadium built...getting a two-for-one facility is an easier sell than trying to go lone wolf.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I don't think the Niners will have a real choice...Goodell has already championed for them to share it. Jed needs Goodell's support to get the stadium built...getting a two-for-one facility is an easier sell than trying to go lone wolf.

I think the whole "sharing" is over blown. The teams would never play on the same day, the teams would get their own locker rooms. And as far as I know from the New Meadowlands stadium you can just flip a switch and at least 80%, if not more of the stadium can go from Gold and Red to silver and black.

That being said I would prefer to share a stadium in Santa Clara than on an Oakland site.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

I think the whole "sharing" is over blown. The teams would never play on the same day, the teams would get their own locker rooms. And as far as I know from the New Meadowlands stadium you can just flip a switch and at least 80%, if not more of the stadium can go from Gold and Red to silver and black.

That being said I would prefer to share a stadium in Santa Clara than on an Oakland site.

This, although I wouldn't mind being in Oakland.
Share 49ersWebzone