LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WOULD YOU SHARE THE NEW STADIUM W/ THE RAIDERS ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WOULD YOU SHARE THE NEW STADIUM W/ THE RAIDERS ?

Why do people care more about us moving to Oakland than to Santa Clara? Oakland is 15 minutes from SF and connected to the BART line. Santa Clara is an hour away from SF and u can't get there with BART.
Originally posted by aman49:
Why do people care more about us moving to Oakland than to Santa Clara? Oakland is 15 minutes from SF and connected to the BART line. Santa Clara is an hour away from SF and u can't get there with BART.

Because of the raiders. Is it really that hard to understand?
  • titan
  • Veteran
No! A stadium is a part of a teams identity. It's not like we are an expansion team. We are one of the Iconic teams in the NFL and you want us to share a field!? No!
yes it's not a big deal
if they give us a break on the PSL fees maybe.....otherwise the Raiders can f**k off.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Feb 27, 2011 at 12:32 PM ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
if they give us a break on the PSL fees maybe.....otherwise the Raiders can f**k off.

that plus i dont want some nasty ass raider fan in my seats. i could just see me catching aids or something after by our second home game
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
It won't ever happen, cause the stadium lease/license will be under the York Family's name, which means Al Davis would have to pay the 49ers to play there (and Davis would rather go back to L.A. and make a bid at their new stadium instead of share the bay with his corporate rival).

Agree Al Davis hates the niners if he had to win only one game a year it be the niners game.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I understand that. And I hate the Raiders (when they are good) as much as anybody. But no new stadium and moving to LA versus sharing one with the Raiders and ending up with an even better stadium than we can get by ourselves? If it comes down to that, it isn't even a discussion. You move to Oakland and get a new stadium. The end.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
EFF THE RAIDERS THEY CAN BLOW ME.

That said I wouldn't care. I like the idea of a floating stadium. Just tow it to whatever side of the Bay for the games.
It doesn't matter to me at all. I'm not gonna be there during Raider games.

Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
It doesn't matter to me at all. I'm not gonna be there during Raider games.
I don't think the Niners are going to ask me for an O.K. to share the stadium. Even as a 25 year season ticket holder, I'm pretty sure I don't get a vote. So why waste the time worrying about it? Que Sera, Sera. What will be, will be.
[ Edited by 9erlover on Feb 27, 2011 at 10:50 PM ]
YES!!! But only if we get a bigger screen than Jerry jones and we get to host the superbowl every year until we win one.
Originally posted by 49erAllTheWay:
Originally posted by carlgo:
Doomed to failure:

Raiders fans would ruin the place with pee, barf, dripping makeup, blood and the beer they throw at children and old women.

Davis would hire a cowboy with a deep voice to regale the Yorks with wild west stories and to convince York to invest in a stadium in Bodie because of the low costs of property in the area and the ties to actual 49ers.

As soon as the Yorks were out having a catered chuckwagon presentation, wearing designer cowboy clothes and custom pistols engraved with images of the York family, Davis would scurry into court and, thanks to some obscure wording in the contract, own the stadium and both the Raiders and the 49ers.

He would hire back Singletary to make sure the Raiders look good by comparison. He would keep the Niners around because their fans buy from the concession stands and don't just smuggle in crack and beer under their girlfriend's maternity smocks like Raider fans do.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I understand that. And I hate the Raiders (when they are good) as much as anybody. But no new stadium and moving to LA versus sharing one with the Raiders and ending up with an even better stadium than we can get by ourselves? If it comes down to that, it isn't even a discussion. You move to Oakland and get a new stadium. The end.

The Niners aren't moving to LA. They still sell out there games. There are plenty of teams that would be moved before us. You move a team when they aren't making money, and the Niners still do that.
Share 49ersWebzone