There are 234 users in the forums

IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WOULD YOU SHARE THE NEW STADIUM W/ THE RAIDERS ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WOULD YOU SHARE THE NEW STADIUM W/ THE RAIDERS ?

I'd only be down for sharing if it were like a 1.5 billion dollar beauty. Save a few hundred million for each team and make it a beast of a stadium that can be fully transitioned for the two teams and on the level of Dallas' stadium and I'd be cool with it.

Otherwise, no. I don't go to games anyway, so all I really care about is a playable field. I'm not as anxious as many for a new stadium.
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
Originally posted by bjghum:
Does it really matter?

I just want my team to stay in the BA and have a new stadium.

If that means sharing with the raiders, I couldn't care less.

Do you think Jets and Giants fans care?

Big difference between the Jets and Raiders fans :

vs.

and of course, you have to deal with :

I've been to Jets & raiders games. the only difference is the ambiance, the costumes other than that jets fans are pretty rough.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
It won't ever happen, cause the stadium lease/license will be under the York Family's name, which means Al Davis would have to pay the 49ers to play there (and Davis would rather go back to L.A. and make a bid at their new stadium instead of share the bay with his corporate rival).

Agree Al Davis hates the niners if he had to win only one game a year it be the niners game.

wow dude are you serious? ARE YOU SERIOUS? sorry my friend & his family is good friends with Amy Trask. LOL the raiders mgmt & ownership could care less about the niners.

Man Sorry but i think he hates the Cheifs & Broncos & Chargers a lot more than he dislikes the niners. that's a fact!
He hates the cheifs & broncos with a vengeance
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
It won't ever happen, cause the stadium lease/license will be under the York Family's name, which means Al Davis would have to pay the 49ers to play there (and Davis would rather go back to L.A. and make a bid at their new stadium instead of share the bay with his corporate rival).

Agree Al Davis hates the niners if he had to win only one game a year it be the niners game.

wow dude are you serious? ARE YOU SERIOUS? sorry my friend & his family is good friends with Amy Trask. LOL the raiders mgmt & ownership could care less about the niners.

Man Sorry but i think he hates the Cheifs & Broncos & Chargers a lot more than he dislikes the niners. that's a fact!
He hates the cheifs & broncos with a vengeance

the whole niner-raiders rivalry is more for the fans.
It may well become an economic necessity...it's worked for the Giants and Jets, so I'm not that opposed to the idea. It'd be nice for each team to have their own stadium...but, that's becoming harder and harder to do. BL: sharing a stadium could result in both teams playing in one sooner than trying to go their separate ways.
They would have to make the whole stadium like one of those self cleaning public toilet stalls in downtown but yeah, I would share a stadium.
Of course I would share. Especially if it was in SF. They can design them these days so that you can't even tell the other team plays there.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Of course I would share. Especially if it was in SF. They can design them these days so that you can't even tell the other team plays there.

That would be........what? 40 or 50 years from now?
It must be a bit strange for people who dont live in the bay area (especially east bay) to understand why there's such fevor against the raiders...Raider nation is just awful...Thats not to say im not friends with raider fans but as a whole, just awful...

This isnt like the clippers and the lakers...Each has its own true fanbase. There are clipper fans, sure...but its not on the level of the lakers...Here each team has a large fanbase that for the most part despises the other

I'm so opposed to the idea its not even funny, makes me sick to think we'd share a nice new stadium with that franchise!

I'd rather stay in candlestick until it crumbled than have a home stadium the raiders also called home
Originally posted by 1swift:
It must be a bit strange for people who dont live in the bay area (especially east bay) to understand why there's such fevor against the raiders...Raider nation is just awful...Thats not to say im not friends with raider fans but as a whole, just awful...

This isnt like the clippers and the lakers...Each has its own true fanbase. There are clipper fans, sure...but its not on the level of the lakers...Here each team has a large fanbase that for the most part despises the other

I'm so opposed to the idea its not even funny, makes me sick to think we'd share a nice new stadium with that franchise!

I'd rather stay in candlestick until it crumbled than have a home stadium the raiders also called home

This is why the fans will have ZERO say in this decision. Emotion has to be left out of the equation completely, otherwise nothing would get done here and we'd end up losing both franchises.

I'd be in favor of it. Let's face it ... two stadiums built within 50 miles of each other is a waste of a billion dollars. The Jets and Giants share a stadium and it has worked out pretty well for both teams.
First of all, there's probably isn't going to be a choice. There's no money for two. And if two teams from an even bigger metro area like New York can share you can't make the argument that these two teams can't.
nope. unless they dont put any raider s**t up all over the place, only at the bottom of the urinals.
Only if they build an incredible stadium on treasure island and the teams played every year as part of the 18 game schedule. Run Bart to it from both sides of the bay and ferry in fans.
Sharing a stadium simply sucks mega nutz, and btw, f**k the Raiders!
Share 49ersWebzone