There are 294 users in the forums

IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WOULD YOU SHARE THE NEW STADIUM W/ THE RAIDERS ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WOULD YOU SHARE THE NEW STADIUM W/ THE RAIDERS ?

Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Everything that is in place would have to be scrapped and could delay everything again (vote wise)

Santa Clara is a 49er city...doubt they would want raider fans coming over.

Nope. a TWO-TEAM facility was voted on and approved.

The City and Niners knew this was a possibility and....gasp...thought ahead.
I can't find anything on it?

maybe a different sport team?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Everything that is in place would have to be scrapped and could delay everything again (vote wise)

they voted for the stadium not for the team who plays there...it will also host many other events, i.e. concerts, world cup soccer, superbowl

go ask that to any Santa Clarian (sp) if they voted for a place for other events

idk know if you know the area..but they have these facilities already to host other events

What are you smoking?

Of course the stadium was supposed to be used for more events. The 49ers and City share the income on those events. Additionally a TWO-TEAM lease was written into the deal.

You guys act like the team and city had no idea this might happen. Seriously? You don't think they forsaw this as a possibility? Seriously?

Exactly. This was on the radar as a possibility well before the election.
Welcome to 49er Stadium, home of the Oakland Raiders

Actually, I still wouldn't mind a shared stadium, especially if we're getting the majority of the revenue
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
This will never work. This is going to turn into a turf war. Bad idea.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Why do you guys even care, its not like they will be playing on the same day.
Originally posted by susweel:
Why do you guys even care, its not like they will be playing on the same day.

but their butts will be on the same seats we sat on .... ewwwwww and yuck
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

they voted for the stadium not for the team who plays there...it will also host many other events, i.e. concerts, world cup soccer, superbowl

go ask that to any Santa Clarian (sp) if they voted for a place for other events

idk know if you know the area..but they have these facilities already to host other events

What are you smoking?

Of course the stadium was supposed to be used for more events. The 49ers and City share the income on those events. Additionally a TWO-TEAM lease was written into the deal.

You guys act like the team and city had no idea this might happen. Seriously? You don't think they forsaw this as a possibility? Seriously?

Looks like you read it wrong, I never said just the 49ers... I said 49ers and raiders....

Find me something that says Santa Clara voted for the 49ers and raiders to play in the same stadium
not sure if it was already posted, but $80,000 for seats?! Crazy! Only businesses and the super wealthy could buy. Lame!
Looks like you read it wrong, I never said just the 49ers... I said 49ers and raiders....

Find me something that says Santa Clara voted for the 49ers and raiders to play in the same stadium

http://santaclaraca.gov/ftp/csc/pdf/49ers-20090601-term-sheet.pdf

Word search "second team" or go to Article 16 of the term sheet (page 24)
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jan 10, 2012 at 9:36 PM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Thanks for the edit was on a iPad, not sure if this thing has a word search

Was the info on the ballot?

The point I was trying to make is that if you were to ask anyone who voted in SC ... What was their main reason for voting for the stadium and it will be because the 49ers will play there. If the ballot would say that the raiders will be playing there as well ... I don't think it would pass

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Thanks for the edit was on a iPad, not sure if this thing has a word search

Was the info on the ballot?

The point I was trying to make is that if you were to ask anyone who voted in SC ... What was their main reason for voting for the stadium and it will be because the 49ers will play there. If the ballot would say that the raiders will be playing there as well ... I don't think it would pass

I don't know what was on the actual ballot But this term sheet was made public a year ahead of the election and it was openly discussed that two NFL teams was a possibility. I don't think it was a mystery to the citizens of Santa Clara.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Clara_Stadium

right column, under tenants.
Originally posted by boast:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Clara_Stadium

right column, under tenants.

*reported*
If it made sense and was necessary to complete the stadium, sure. BUT, I would want the entire SF , Oakland, and Santa Clara police forces in attendance, thruout parking lot, stadium, and near the field. Also would want about 400 or 500 South African mercenaries. Ok, make that 5000. And yes, they would have to clean the seats after the raider fans left each game. Also I would want to see a jail holding cell for up to 5000 persons under or next to the stadium.

You know what, looking at the above, hell no, it isn't worth it.
It states it's only a possibility, also that: "as of October 2011 the 49ers were far enough along on the stadium to have reportedly already sold over a quarter of the luxury suites, which means the Raiders would be forced to be secondary tenants"
Share 49ersWebzone