There are 133 users in the forums

IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WOULD YOU SHARE THE NEW STADIUM W/ THE RAIDERS ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WOULD YOU SHARE THE NEW STADIUM W/ THE RAIDERS ?

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Absolutely. Simply the best business decision there is. Everybody wins. Santa Clara gets a ton of revenue, Raiders get a place to play and the Niners get a stadium of their own creation that is close to 80% of their fan base for a fraction of the original cost. And the fan bases won't interact with each other.

Any other argument is simply based in emotion, lacking reason. This isn't 4th grade. Get over it.

Do it.
[ Edited by okdkid on Oct 11, 2011 at 1:14 PM ]
I don't want gayder stains on my seat when at the game
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Raiders should head on down to The Southland. We like having The Bay Area to ourselves. Really does make a whole lot of sense. They have already 'done time' down there and I have no doubt that they would be welcomed back. They can't sell out a game to save their lives up here.
just about a done deal i believe, Raiders to Los angeles 2012. Lock it!
IF it happens. keep the seats red.
At the end of raider games, they need to start playing Randy Newman's " I Love LA" ! would be so awesome!!
Originally posted by DJD:
Raiders should head on down to The Southland. We like having The Bay Area to ourselves. Really does make a whole lot of sense. They have already 'done time' down there and I have no doubt that they would be welcomed back. They can't sell out a game to save their lives up here.

They sold out against the Patriots...but i get what you're saying.
bump
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
I am German, this is what we do...

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
It won't ever happen, cause the stadium lease/license will be under the York Family's name, which means Al Davis would have to pay the 49ers to play there (and Davis would rather go back to L.A. and make a bid at their new stadium instead of share the bay with his corporate rival).

Actually, Al Davis brokered the deal for the DeBartolo's to buy the 49ers back in the 70's. They had a pretty good relationship.

Originally posted by bjghum:
Does it really matter?

I just want my team to stay in the BA and have a new stadium.

If that means sharing with the raiders, I couldn't care less.

Do you think Jets and Giants fans care?

I live in NY and yes Giant fans care that the Jets fans are in their stadium now. Jets fans are trashy like raider fans and I expect the same reaction from Niner fans if this happens.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
WHY ARE YOU f**kING YELLING

Not that I'm for using all caps, but I fail to see why people consider that yelling. Its just words on a screen--nothing to get worked up over and certainly nothing to call someone out for.
Yes I would say share the stadium so its used throughout the season.
The Raiders finally admit its a "possibility"

#MarkDavis admits the #Raiders playing in Santa Clara is a possibility
https://twitter.com/#!/mattbarrows/status/156869644706263040
This is b******t. If they were going to come on board, maybe we could have built a better stadium. f**k those losers.
Share 49ersWebzone