LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WOULD YOU SHARE THE NEW STADIUM W/ THE RAIDERS ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WOULD YOU SHARE THE NEW STADIUM W/ THE RAIDERS ?

Yes as long as I don't have to pay for a PSL or MSL or whatever they are calling it.
i'm on the fence on this one....a joint stadium will speed up the process, a joint stadium will be easier to fund, but the whole notion of sharing a stadium just sucks, let alone w/ the Raiders...We want our OWN stadium
Staying at candlestick would be better than sharing a new stadium with the raiders
[ Edited by RichmondPete on Jul 21, 2011 at 4:53 PM ]
I hate raider fans more than I hate the raiders themselves.

But playing in the same stadium means we'd never have home games on the same day, so its not like you'd have to wade through raider fans in the parking lot.

If it gives us one of the nicer stadiums in the NFL without the BS owners have resorted to recently (liker personal seat licenses), than I have no problem with it.
NO NO NO
i guess im one of the dew that wouldnt mind i mean we would have a much much better stadium and its not like we will ever see them i dont really see a problem with it especially if it means it gets done faster
my absolute DREAM scenario would be for the raiders to go back to LA.
The people saying no crack me up. What are yall really gonna do if we do? Not be a Niner fan anymore? Not go to games? Please. If New York can do it, we can.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:

YES.

I DONT GIVE A FIZZLE about the raiders. they are not a true rivalry because they have little to not value/obstacle in us getting into the playoffs.

DIVISION RIVALS? thats the shinnnzle

• 49ers
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Staying at candlestick would be better than sharing a new stadium with the raiders
The Yorks and Davis....It is like Pakistan and North Korea sharing a country. It would make sense economically, but it wouldn't last.
LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by 9erVillian:
The people saying no crack me up. What are yall really gonna do if we do? Not be a Niner fan anymore? Not go to games? Please. If New York can do it, we can.

It's 100% pure emotion. As a practical matter a new stadium likely won't get done without a partnership. And neither the Niners nor the league will dump more money into a place like Candlestick which has been obsolete as a means to generate maximum team revenue for the last 20 years. And I know some fans don't care that the league and team can't generate maximum revenue at the Stick . . . but it matters.
Yes, but how will we get the smell out?
Share 49ersWebzone