LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Who wins this battle Jones vs Hill

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If Hill gets the opportunity, he will outplay all of our WR's besides Crabtree.
  • Pintor73
  • Info N/A
exactly when jason hill is in there all he does is get a first down or a td when thrown to him jones should be cut and use that money for vernon davis i'd go with crabtre,morgan,hill,ginn jr,williams,i'll even take ziggy before him to much money for nothing we don't need him we have enough talent, pack his bags,
Jones. Hill will be injured in Training camp.... Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but I'd be willing to bet serious money on it. The guy has always looked okay and then falls apart when it matters most.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
If Hill gets the opportunity, he will outplay all of our WR's besides Crabtree.

When has he not been given the opportunity?? The coaches cant depend on a guy who cant stay healthy and ready to play when it matters.
The problem is both have ccupied Sing's injury doghouse. He just doesn't seem to have much patience with guys who get hurt and don't rehab fast, or get hurt repeatedly, like Hill. Frankly, I'd like to see an open competition for all the slots (except maybe Crabtree's) and may the best man win, 'cause I'm not that impressed with Morgan; I don't care how well he blocks. If Jones gets a legit shot and looks as good as he did last camp, AND, stays healthy, it'd be hard to cut him.
The one that isn't injured after the final presaeson.which maybe neither of them.
Don't write Jones off just yet. If healthy he will be much better than Hill. his stats speak for himself. he just needs to b on the field.
What does it matter. As the 4th or 5th receiver they will never get on the field.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Jones sucks and should have never been signed. He shouldn't even be on the team anymore. Hill is 10 times better than him. It's not even close.

I dont know about 10 times better, but i do agree that Hill is the better choice
I think this question will be answered by the play of these two, personally I do not care which one makes the team, neither has impressed to date.

The times Jason Hill has been healthy and given a chance to get on the field over the past few years he has been pretty impressive imo. The guys looks bad in practice but during game time he catches the ball well and runs very smooth routes. He also possesses some shiftiness and RAC ability.

On the other hand Jones appears like the complete opposite. He looked great in practice last offseason, but even when he recovered from his injury he looked lost on the football field and failed to make an impact at all.

Based on last season alone, and the limited reps each had, I would say Hill is the better WR. He was more productive of the two and didn't appear to be a liability on the field...plus he doesn't carry the huge contract.
Share 49ersWebzone