LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 352 users in the forums

Who wins this battle Jones vs Hill

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What some people fail to remember is that the 49ers signed Brandon Jones before knowing whether Isaac Bruce would return or not, AND no one ever thought we would have a shot at drafting Michael Crabtree!

What I find interesting is that during OTAs earlier in the week, I don't remember Brandon Jones working with the offense. I only remember him working on punt returns with Ted Ginn Jr, LeRoy Vann, and Kyle Williams. I wonder why that is?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Jones sucks and should have never been signed. He shouldn't even be on the team anymore. Hill is 10 times better than him. It's not even close.

What? Dude, I don't think either of them have an edge over the other. Jones's issue was that his injury kept him off the field. Oh and did I mention that Hill has a history of injuries too?

THAT'S why Jones is still on this team. Because management doesn't know whether or not Hill will make it through the 1st 4 weeks of the season. And I can't blame them for wanting a backup plan. Even one that costs as much as Jones has.

I think that both guys should battle it out for the season. The prize is a coveted WR position with this team. May the best man win.

I'm not picking because both have shown they CAN be solid. They just need to leave it on the field and remain healthy in the process.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by PTulini:
What some people fail to remember is that the 49ers signed Brandon Jones before knowing whether Isaac Bruce would return or not, AND no one ever thought we would have a shot at drafting Michael Crabtree!

What I find interesting is that during OTAs earlier in the week, I don't remember Brandon Jones working with the offense. I only remember him working on punt returns with Ted Ginn Jr, LeRoy Vann, and Kyle Williams. I wonder why that is?

Crabtree was supposed to go top 5 before the "Diva" incident with Cleveland happend (and the foot injury) and it certainly made sense at the time.

That shoulder injury pretty much sealed Jones' fate, which sucks for him. Same could be said for Hill, I suppose. I'm just hoping one of them steps up this year.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Jones is making #2 money. Get him the hell out of here. Go play baseball or something.

or give hm a chance
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Jones is making #2 money. Get him the hell out of here. Go play baseball or something.

or give hm a chance

He doesn't deserve a chance with the money he's making. He has shown to be a liability on special teams and a worthless receiver compared to what he's making.

or give hm a chance

He doesn't deserve a chance with the money he's making. He has shown to be a liability on special teams and a worthless receiver compared to what he's making.

So the guy making big money, that will cost millions in dead money against the cap if we cut him, is the one that DOESN'T get a chance in your world? Cool. Makes no sense, but good to know.
[ Edited by Gavintech on May 22, 2010 at 2:18 PM ]
As expensive as he is, Jones will be good insurance in case Jason "ouch my hammy" Hill can't make it through training camp healthy for the 4th straight season.
Originally posted by Gavintech:

or give hm a chance

So the guy making big money, that will cost millions in dead money against the cap if we cut him, is the one that DOESN'T get a chance in your world? Cool. Makes no sense, but good to know.

He's a liability and ALSO it was rumored back not too long ago that McClueless went out on his own and signed Brandon Jones without the consent of the other members of the coaching staff. DOES THAT MAKE SENSE TO YOU BUDDDDDDY!!!!???????

or give hm a chance

He's a liability and ALSO it was rumored back not too long ago that McClueless went out on his own and signed Brandon Jones without the consent of the other members of the coaching staff. DOES THAT MAKE SENSE TO YOU BUDDDDDDY!!!!???????

Rumoured
Originally posted by English:

or give hm a chance

Rumoured

Brandon Jones fielded a punt at his own 3 yard line against the Colts, and fumbled the reverse on the punt return against the Seahawks (which eventually lead to a Seattle touchdown). Oh, and he had 1 reception. I don't care if he got injured in the first half of the season, he was healthy during the second half and obviously didnt show enough to get on the field.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
As expensive as he is, Jones will be good insurance in case Jason "ouch my hammy" Hill can't make it through training camp healthy for the 4th straight season.

I'd be willing to bet that Hill gets injured again this TC.

-9fA
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Jones sucks and should have never been signed. He shouldn't even be on the team anymore. Hill is 10 times better than him. It's not even close.

I agree it was a terrible signing however there is very little to suggest that Hill is better than Jones. Jones has been far more productive in his career than Hill has to date. Hill needs to truly step up both on & off the field and become less timid.

jones had 41 catches in 08 with 449 yards

Yeah, but he also had a chance to prove himself as a legit #1 or 2 and failed to do so. He proved to be a #3 at best.

so you are telling me he was supposed to beat out Crabtree???

Were we not just talking about 2008 ?
CUT CRABTREE!!!!
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

I'd be willing to bet that Hill gets injured again this TC.

-9fA

I hope for his sake he can break the streak. It's a contract year.
Share 49ersWebzone