LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

What kind of receiver will Crabtree be?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Possesion

Dude look two threads above you. I think he is more than a possesion receiver. How many possesion receivers do that?

umad?
Originally posted by jta854:
The best WR we have had in a long time.
He reminds me of a slightly slower Ochocinco but with better hands. I am pretty darn sure that Crabs will be a superstar.
a gangsta one!
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Reminds me of the GOAT

I hope you're kidding. The only thing that reminds me of Rice is the 1st season dropsies. And maybe the lack of elite TIMED speed. However, we know the GOAT never got caught from behind, regardless of his 40 time. Same can't be said of Crabtree.
The drops didn't bother me as much as his denial of them. When asked, he said, "What drops?".
All these superlatives about a guy who is just getting started are a bit premature, don't you think? This year should be interesting for both him and Smith though.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Reminds me of the GOAT

I hope you're kidding. The only thing that reminds me of Rice is the 1st season dropsies. And maybe the lack of elite TIMED speed. However, we know the GOAT never got caught from behind, regardless of his 40 time. Same can't be said of Crabtree.
The drops didn't bother me as much as his denial of them. When asked, he said, "What drops?".
All these superlatives about a guy who is just getting started are a bit premature, don't you think? This year should be interesting for both him and Smith though.

as far as being caught from behind he didnt exactly get led too many times last year. the timing with the QB was off. im pretty sure his talent for YAC will show this year now that he'll have some timing and chemistry with smith
Reminds me of the GOAT

Are you serious? Why is it farfetched to draw early comparisons to the GOAT? I know JR is one of a kind, but given the circumstances of last season, Crabs didn't do anything to the contrary to dismiss the possibility that he could possibly join the ranks of the great one.

He got caught from behind... oh you mean when he's had defenders waiting in front of him and on some underthrown Alex Smith passes? Yeah, I thought so. If you got undeniable evidence that proves otherwise please point it out to me, I couldn't find it myself, but I'd love to see it.

Attitude's subjective. s**t, I ain't saying Crabs and JR are one in the same. Unless the attitude becomes detrimental to the team, I don't really care, personality does not dictate how you perform on the field... anyway, Crabs seems like a swell guy.

Crabs reminds me of JR in the way that neither of them seem to excel in any physical attribute, whether it's speed, strength, what have you, but they both manage to go out there, play and get results.

Also, don't forget, Rice was catching passes from HOFers his whole career in a pass friendly system. Crabs is catching passes from a guy that's trying to keep his job in a team that has yet to establish an offensive identity (and is leaning towards run-heavy).

My comparison between the two is a very simple one, but if you wanna scrutinize details ranging from personality to the shape of their nose... well, you have fun with that.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Crabtree has very good hands. He was credited for drops but Alex and he were not on the same page. Solomon Wilcox on NFL NETWORK said he is a star in the making. This coming from a former DB.
Reminds me of the GOAT

Are you serious? Why is it farfetched to draw early comparisons to the GOAT? I know JR is one of a kind, but given the circumstances of last season, Crabs didn't do anything to the contrary to dismiss the possibility that he could possibly join the ranks of the great one.

He got caught from behind... oh you mean when he's had defenders waiting in front of him and on some underthrown Alex Smith passes? Yeah, I thought so. If you got undeniable evidence that proves otherwise please point it out to me, I couldn't find it myself, but I'd love to see it.

Attitude's subjective. s**t, I ain't saying Crabs and JR are one in the same. Unless the attitude becomes detrimental to the team, I don't really care, personality does not dictate how you perform on the field... anyway, Crabs seems like a swell guy.

Crabs reminds me of JR in the way that neither of them seem to excel in any physical attribute, whether it's speed, strength, what have you, but they both manage to go out there, play and get results.

Also, don't forget, Rice was catching passes from HOFers his whole career in a pass friendly system. Crabs is catching passes from a guy that's trying to keep his job in a team that has yet to establish an offensive identity (and is leaning towards run-heavy).

My comparison between the two is a very simple one, but if you wanna scrutinize details ranging from personality to the shape of their nose... well, you have fun with that.

Is this some kind of bromance? No need to get so defensive my friend. When you specify the similarities like that, I can see some. But, to make a flat out comparison as you did, without qualifying, well , that seemed premature. I hope you're not premature in other ways and that might explain the hostilty?
Reminds me of the GOAT

Is this some kind of bromance? No need to get so defensive my friend. When you specify the similarities like that, I can see some. But, to make a flat out comparison as you did, without qualifying, well , that seemed premature. I hope you're not premature in other ways and that might explain the hostilty?

No hostility, sir. You just came off as a hater. Peeps compare young players to the legends all the time, don't see the harm in it.

This kind of receiver!!!

Originally posted by ninerdaddy:
This kind of receiver!!!

I said that Crabs was going to be a cross between Fitz/Johnson, the way he attacks the ball and catches in traffic. The way he runs after the catch would be similar to like a Boldin/ D. Mason with more wiggle.

Dez Bryant would be more comparable to a Mike Irvin mold.
he's gonna be a good one........................good f**king grief
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=141843&page=19
Share 49ersWebzone