LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

What kind of receiver will Crabtree be?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jta854:
The best WR we have had in a long time.
Originally posted by ajsjohnson:
He reminds me of Cris Carter--one can only hope. Now if only we can find a Randy Moss....

That's a pretty good analogy. But Randy Moss-type guys only come along rarely, and I think Josh Morgan is a really good complement to Crabtree. Morgan is going to make a lot of value catches this year and going forward.

And maybe, just maybe Ted Ginn will show us something, too. With his speed he could open some stuff up underneath for Crabtree and Morgan.

This could be a really interesting year for the 49ers offense.
A diva receiver who backs up his diva-ness
the kind who catches the ball and runs down field and scores touchdowns... that kind!
Possesion
well he led the division in yards per catch last year as a rookie, so suffice to say he'll be able to make make plays down the field.
He reminds me of Cris Carter--one can only hope. Now if only we can find a Randy Moss....

Cris carter is who i thought of too.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

Cris carter is who i thought of too.

Was thinking of Carter while scrolling down. Glad to see other people would make that comparison.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
I'll probably get shot for this, but....

He'll be like John Taylor when we get a #1 receiver.

I think he was a great college receiver. I did not see him creating good separation nor YAC/RAC last year, but hopefully, with an actual training camp under his belt, that will change this year and we can actually answer the question.

You're insane, he couldve had 1k yards had he played 16 games. As a rookie!

I'm thinking in the mold of Michael Irvin.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

U hit the nail on the head!!!
The very productive kind of WR with an increase in both yards per catch and TD's.

The chemistry between Smith and Crabtree should be much improved this season.
[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on May 17, 2010 at 12:09 AM ]
watching those you tube clips that show all his catches from last year 2 things stood out to me 1) he can run after the catch, maybe not elite speed but he uses angles, spin moves, stiff arms etc to make a 10 yard gain a 18 yard gain and 2) he is very good at tapping the toes on the sideline
Share 49ersWebzone