There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We have the 3 biggest freaks in the NFL

Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Draftology:
Mays ran a 4.4 at the combine but for the sake of the thread we'll pretend it was a 4.2

Did you WATCH the combine? He was originally timed at 4.24...the the electronic time came back with 4.41.

The 4.41 is infallable you say? In the side-by-side comparisons came out he is CLEARLY ahead of Jahvid Best and Dorin Dickerson who times at 4.35 and 4.40 respectively. The only guy ahead of him is Jacoby Ford who got 4.28.

Don't believe me?

4.24

What did he really run
I didn't know that. How could the electronic time time be wrong though?
Originally posted by Draftology:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Draftology:
Mays ran a 4.4 at the combine but for the sake of the thread we'll pretend it was a 4.2

Did you WATCH the combine? He was originally timed at 4.24...the the electronic time came back with 4.41.

The 4.41 is infallable you say? In the side-by-side comparisons came out he is CLEARLY ahead of Jahvid Best and Dorin Dickerson who times at 4.35 and 4.40 respectively. The only guy ahead of him is Jacoby Ford who got 4.28.

Don't believe me?

4.24

What did he really run
I didn't know that. How could the electronic time time be wrong though?

The times were off and many people were questioning them this year.
Originally posted by Dominate:
VD
P-52
Mays

We have the 3 most physically gifted players in the NFL. A 240+ lb LB who runs in the 4.3 range. A TE who weighs 255lbs and also runs in the 4.3 range. Now we add a 230lb saftey who runs in the 4.2 - 4.3 range.

Can you think of any players more physically gifted at their respective postions?

SO TRUE...ALSO Lawson runs a 4.4 and is 6-5 250 SICK.....and they are all great players. Willis and Davis the best at their positions and Lawson very solid.....we will see about Mays, i think he will be a top 3 SS and a top 10 safety for sure
Originally posted by Draftology:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Draftology:
Mays ran a 4.4 at the combine but for the sake of the thread we'll pretend it was a 4.2

Did you WATCH the combine? He was originally timed at 4.24...the the electronic time came back with 4.41.

The 4.41 is infallable you say? In the side-by-side comparisons came out he is CLEARLY ahead of Jahvid Best and Dorin Dickerson who times at 4.35 and 4.40 respectively. The only guy ahead of him is Jacoby Ford who got 4.28.

Don't believe me?

4.24

What did he really run
I didn't know that. How could the electronic time time be wrong though?

Humans working it or electronic malfunction
Active NFL Freaks (My ranking of freakness):

Vernon Davis
Calvin Johnson
Taylor Mays
Bruce Campbell
Adrian Peterson
Randy Moss (when he was young)
Laron Landry
Julius Peppers (when he was young)
Mario Williams
Chris Johnson
Patrick Willis
Manny Lawson
Michael Johnson
Broderick Bunkley
Thomas Howard
Adrian Wilson
Dustin Keller
Damarcus Ware
Vontae Davis

[ Edited by kronik on Apr 27, 2010 at 22:16:17 ]
Originally posted by kronik:
Active NFL Freaks (My order of freakness):

Vernon Davis
Calvin Johnson
Taylor Mays
Bruce Campbell
Adrian Peterson
Randy Moss (when he was young)
Laron Landry
Mario Williams
Chris Johnson
Patrick Willis
Manny Lawson
Michael Johnson
Broderick Bunkley
Thomas Howard
Adrian Wilson
Dustin Keller
Damarcus Ware

Where's Big Ben? He's a freak...

[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Apr 27, 2010 at 22:08:25 ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by kronik:
Active NFL Freaks (My order of freakness):

Vernon Davis
Calvin Johnson
Taylor Mays
Bruce Campbell
Adrian Peterson
Randy Moss (when he was young)
Laron Landry
Mario Williams
Chris Johnson
Patrick Willis
Manny Lawson
Michael Johnson
Broderick Bunkley
Thomas Howard
Adrian Wilson
Dustin Keller
Damarcus Ware

Where's Big Ben? He's a freak...

LOL, he's automatically named Rick James award fir Most Valuable Freak
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by kronik:
Active NFL Freaks (My order of freakness):

Vernon Davis
Calvin Johnson
Taylor Mays
Bruce Campbell
Adrian Peterson
Randy Moss (when he was young)
Laron Landry
Mario Williams
Chris Johnson
Patrick Willis
Manny Lawson
Michael Johnson
Broderick Bunkley
Thomas Howard
Adrian Wilson
Dustin Keller
Damarcus Ware

Where's Big Ben? He's a freak...

LOL, he's automatically named Rick James award fir Most Valuable Freak

...still awaiting trent dilfer comeback to end the argument.
Originally posted by Dominate:
VD
P-52
Mays

We have the 3 most physically gifted players in the NFL. A 240+ lb LB who runs in the 4.3 range. A TE who weighs 255lbs and also runs in the 4.3 range. Now we add a 230lb saftey who runs in the 4.2 - 4.3 range.

Can you think of any players more physically gifted at their respective postions?

Willis is an outstanding athlete but he ran between 4.49 - 4.51 at the scouting combine in Indy. He's a tremendous athlete but not quite in the Mays or Vernon Davis category. That's not to say he isn't a great athlete or that he doesn't have great instincts for the game. He is all those things.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:


Willis is an outstanding athlete but he ran between 4.49 - 4.51 at the scouting combine in Indy. He's a tremendous athlete but not quite in the Mays or Vernon Davis category. That's not to say he isn't a great athlete or that he doesn't have great instincts for the game. He is all those things.

Well, he did run a 4.3 at his pro day.

Quote:
Linebacker Patrick Willis wowed scouts with a 4.37 40-yard dash during Mississippi's Pro Day. Willis, already a first round lock, could see his stock rise even further after this performance. He'll be given serious consideration by some teams in the top ten spots on draft day. link
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Dominate:
VD
P-52
Mays

We have the 3 most physically gifted players in the NFL. A 240+ lb LB who runs in the 4.3 range. A TE who weighs 255lbs and also runs in the 4.3 range. Now we add a 230lb saftey who runs in the 4.2 - 4.3 range.

Can you think of any players more physically gifted at their respective postions?

Willis is an outstanding athlete but he ran between 4.49 - 4.51 at the scouting combine in Indy. He's a tremendous athlete but not quite in the Mays or Vernon Davis category. That's not to say he isn't a great athlete or that he doesn't have great instincts for the game. He is all those things.


i forgot where i watched it or read it, but willis said he did a false start, so he got really scared and conscious not to mess up, so he did way slower then he actually could during the combine.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Didn't Joe Staley run a fast time for a 300+lbs. OT?

He ran a 4.7 at his pro day. Very fast for an OT.




link
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:


Willis is an outstanding athlete but he ran between 4.49 - 4.51 at the scouting combine in Indy. He's a tremendous athlete but not quite in the Mays or Vernon Davis category. That's not to say he isn't a great athlete or that he doesn't have great instincts for the game. He is all those things.

Well, he did run a 4.3 at his pro day.

Quote:
Linebacker Patrick Willis wowed scouts with a 4.37 40-yard dash during Mississippi's Pro Day. Willis, already a first round lock, could see his stock rise even further after this performance. He'll be given serious consideration by some teams in the top ten spots on draft day. link

A super fast, springy rubber track at his pro day doesn't count... You are not comparing apples to apples. Vernon Davis on that track runs a 4.25...
Originally posted by King49er:
Kory Sheets

Alex Smith