Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Originally posted by Dominate:
VD
P-52
Mays

We have the 3 most physically gifted players in the NFL. A 240+ lb LB who runs in the 4.3 range. A TE who weighs 255lbs and also runs in the 4.3 range. Now we add a 230lb saftey who runs in the 4.2 - 4.3 range.

Can you think of any players more physically gifted at their respective postions?

I'd take Chris Johnson over Mays and VD. P-52 is the best player in the League so ain't no one ahead of him in the gifts department.
Originally posted by kunged:
VD
P-52
Mays

We have the 3 most physically gifted players in the NFL. A 240+ lb LB who runs in the 4.3 range. A TE who weighs 255lbs and also runs in the 4.3 range. Now we add a 230lb saftey who runs in the 4.2 - 4.3 range.

Can you think of any players more physically gifted at their respective postions?

I'd take Chris Johnson over Mays and VD. P-52 is the best player in the League so ain't no one ahead of him in the gifts department.

While there is no doubting CJ is fast, I would say VD is more of a freak due to his size, strength and speed

But CJ can take hits at his smaller size and break tackles, his production last year was like Jim Brown with after burners.
Originally posted by valrod33:
VD
P-52
Mays

Mays and Johnson dont play the same position. He said the most gifted at their POSITION

Ohhh missed that part, with being said um no Mays and VD def top at their positions for being freaks, my fault.
I don't know how everyone here forgot Manny Lawson...he ran a 4.4 in the 40.

Manny 6-5 250...and is a pretty consistent tackler for a lanky guy..and can hit hard....he just hasn't shown consistent pass rush skills.

and oh , Ahmad Brooks is pretty explosive for a 6-3 270 pounder.
Originally posted by kunged:
VD
P-52
Mays

While there is no doubting CJ is fast, I would say VD is more of a freak due to his size, strength and speed

But CJ can take hits at his smaller size and break tackles, his production last year was like Jim Brown with after burners.

also misread the positions bit.

In response to that he is smaller and lighter, so generally speaking it is easier for him to be quicker. He breaks tackles like most of the top backs, he just has that extra gear to get those extra yards which pumps up his yardage.

If we are talking about pure physical freaks IMO he is not as amazing as VD who apparently benched more than Merriman in college and yet still runs a 4.3
Mays ran a 4.4 at the combine but for the sake of the thread we'll pretend it was a 4.2
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I don't know how everyone here forgot Manny Lawson...he ran a 4.4 in the 40.

Manny 6-5 250...and is a pretty consistent tackler for a lanky guy..and can hit hard....he just hasn't shown consistent pass rush skills.

and oh , Ahmad Brooks is pretty explosive for a 6-3 270 pounder.

Lawson id definitely freaky athletic.
Originally posted by Draftology:
Mays ran a 4.4 at the combine but for the sake of the thread we'll pretend it was a 4.2

He has been timed at 4.2 -4.3 in the past.

Did you WATCH the combine? He was originally timed at 4.24...the the electronic time came back with 4.41.

The 4.41 is infallable you say? In the side-by-side comparisons came out he is CLEARLY ahead of Jahvid Best and Dorin Dickerson who times at 4.35 and 4.40 respectively. The only guy ahead of him is Jacoby Ford who got 4.28.

Don't believe me?

What did he really run
VD
P-52
Mays

Calvin johnson is a freak with his size speed combo IMO
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Calvin johnson is a freak with his size speed combo IMO

Ya...Calvin is 2 inches taller and just as fast as Mays.

Randy Moss comes to mind as well. I hate the guy, but he's gifted.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
i'm a freak

Mays was timed at a 4.2 during high school track
Did somebody say FREAK?!?

Share 49ersWebzone