There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anthony Dixon is a Niner!

Originally posted by socalfan21:
From those video clips he looks pretty good.

he is good... he didn't play for a winning team but he was their best player

We drafted some d players who won't start, and a blocking TE, i'm sure somewhere between these guys and whatever undrafted guys we pick up... mrob can be replaced.
wow! Originally I would of wanted a small, quick RB, but this guy looks like a f**king monster! For a big ass dude, he's got good speed and GREAT vision. Maybe we just got ourselves a brandon jacobs.
I don't see M.Rob going anywhere. He's pretty valuable as a special teamer.
Originally posted by jprchrds:

Playing for Miss State and putting up the kind of numbers he did in the SEC is pretty impressive.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I don't see M.Rob going anywhere. He's pretty valuable as a special teamer.

keith lewis was once special teams captain too

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/audio/Conference-Call-Anthony-Dixon/077c6290-3ca8-4036-8a8d-f6f204292e95

Damn anybody hear this guy's conference call, he's a huge 49ers fan and knows about Gore & Coffee!!!

He also sounds incredibly hilarious to listen to!!!
This guy looks like a monster. You know another 6th round RB? Terrel Davis! Not saying he'll be anywhere as good but good backs have been found in the 5-7 rounds before.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
This guy looks like a monster. You know another 6th round RB? Terrel Davis! Not saying he'll be anywhere as good but good backs have been found in the 5-7 rounds before.

I think this guy is a gonna steal Coffee's job in training camp (Dixon was a sheer 3rd round RB until his DUI last summer), cause unlike Coffee (even going back to the Crimson Tides) this guy has concrete blocking skills/elusive ankles (and the size factor already gives him an edge).
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I think this guy is a gonna steal Coffee's job in training camp (Dixon was a sheer 3rd round RB until his DUI last summer), cause unlike Coffee (even going back to the Crimson Tides) this guy has concrete blocking skills/elusive ankles (and the size factor already gives him an edge).

Yeah this kind of makes me think Sing/Baalke didnt want Coffee and he was a scotty mac pick. They must think that was an epic f**k up/waste of a 3rd rounder. Maybe we can bring back K. Sheets for our change of pace guy? Or maybe they just wanted 3 physical backs...
Reading the interview at 49ers.com, you can't help but pull for a guy who was homeless twice growing up and wants to provide for his Mom and brothers. I really hope he makes it.

Bully approves of this pick! I was REALLY hoping we'd get this guy.

Born in the same city as me. Went to high school in a small town that I spent a lot of my youth in (Terry, MS), and where a lot of my family still lives. Went to my favorite college. Now, he plays for my favorite NFL team.

I've been following him since his senior year of high school (not like that, perverts!). This is such a great pick!

That's from the first quarter. He finished that game with 252 yards.
Originally posted by Giggidy:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by Giggidy:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Mississippi's State all time leading rusher not bad

GOOD NOW WE CAN GET RID OF Michael Robinson so we can give Dixon #24

im still wondering why the niners didnt address the Cornerback position in the draft
i hope we dont have the problem this year how we had with not drafting a O linemen last year in the draft

Please tell me you're joking.

Robinson will probably be gone now that we have Gore, Coffee, and Dixon.

As much as I salivate thinking of the potential we have in the backfield, I struggle with thinking any of these three can take MRob's place on ST and as a team leader. I can't say MRob can play HB as well as any of the others, but I can definitely debate he's as good an overall athlete, if not a better overall athlete, than the others. But, if we have others who bump up their game on ST then perhaps MRob's time is indeed limited.

at best Robinson is a special teams guy meaning he cant crack the offense why because hes not a good running back

drafting Dixon means the niners want share the load with Gore & pound the ball down the opponent's throat u cant do that with Robinson we know hes not capable to run the ball 10+ times a game

i mean whats the purpose of drafting Dixon if we dont use him i know the niners dont plan to use him on special teams...........what hes going to compete with Robinson for his duties on special teams??

i think not

MRob