LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Anthony Dixon is a Niner!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gore is in his sixth year and has had injury issues throughout his career, he's a small back that's been taking a lot of pounding. Whomever emerges as the backup between Coffee or Dixon, might eventually take over the primary role, a reality that may emerge sooner than any of us may like.
Originally posted by NinerGod:

great f'n pick up!

my goodness that last run is scary
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Frankie's got another 3 good years left in him so it should work out nicely where Dixon can sit at #2 for a couple of years and then take over.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Apr 26, 2010 at 06:32:41 ]
Originally posted by mayo63:
Frankie's got another 3 good years left in him so it should work out nicely where Dixon can sit at #2 for a couple of years and then take over.

I wouldn't go that far.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxjw37dZ0IE&feature=related

Looks like Frank Gore of course Gore (minus the jump).
This kid has got it made IMO. Sing loves to run the ball, the O line has just been seriously upgraded and this kid is a Niner fan! We got ourselves a total steal in the sixth round folks! This makes it easier(for me at least) to deal with the fact that we didn't get Spiller.
Like I said, I really like the pick. Had this guy rated higher than we selected him, so here's to hoping we landed a faster version of Shonn Greene, and a steal. We'll see soon, but I like the sound of Gore-Coffee-Dixon three-headed monster.
I don't like the way he dances behind the line. I'm having flashbacks of Barlow.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I don't like the way he dances behind the line. I'm having flashbacks of Barlow.

That's what I was just thinking. They will get that out of his system quick.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Can he block like Gore and catch out of the backfield like Gore??

Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Can he block like Gore and catch out of the backfield like Gore??

According to Draftguys.com he can do something Gore struggles at....

"A truly huge back, Dixon excels in short-yardage and goal line situations. He has a nice burst and is able to hit a hole quick and has no compunction with dropping his shoulders and lowering the boom on a defender. With his size, Dixon will often carry defenders for extra yards as well. Dixon is rock solid in the pass game, having caught 56 passes for 449 yards and averaging 8.0 yards per catch.

"
A perfect fit for the O. With 2 OLineman, another blocking TE and Dixon, the team changed the look of the offense.
Originally posted by PTulini:

Like his vision. Uses his blockers real well. M-Rob might have to go.
Quote:
Anthony Dixon, RB, Mississippi St.

HT: 6' 1/2" WT: 240 lbs (est) 40 yd Dash: 4.6(est)

UPSIDE: Excellent size. Good competitive speed. Is surprisingly light and nimble on his feet for his size. Shows nice agility - can get skinny through the hole and make sharp cuts. Understands angles and follows his blocks. Runs with outstanding balance and keeps his feet through traffic and after shocking defenders. Excellent run strength - will lower his shoulder, churn his legs and carry defenders for extra yardage. Usually falls forward. Show very good awareness sliding over and picking up the blitz. Very good hands and concentration. Plays with a nasty, in your face attitude.

Quote:
DOWNSIDE: A bit high-cut with build-up speed and may struggle turning the corner at the next level. Not a home run hitter. Runs slightly upright and may be susceptible to big hits. Character needs to be evaluated more closely. Weight has tended to fluctuate.

Quote:
THE WAY WE SEE IT: A short-strider with surprsing speed and agility for his size, Dixon has a lot of flash for a 240-pounder and showed he could shoulder the load for a new coaching staff. Highly productive considering the subpar cast around him and has matured greatly. Can develop into an NFL starter.

This is from Pro Football Weekly's 2010 NFL Draft Guide
Share 49ersWebzone