LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 296 users in the forums

Anthony Dixon is a Niner!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He looks faster than I thought he would for being so big. That last clip of him dragging defenders into the endzone is nasty.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
http://images.si.com/football/2010/draft/players/53796.html

Quote:

Positives: Large interior runner with vision and instincts. Patient, waits for blocks to develop, and quickly finds the running lanes. Displays a burst of speed, keeps his feet driving up the field, and works runs hard. Grinds it out on the inside, resilient, and stays with the play, trying to pick up as much yardage as possible. Breaks tackles or picks up a lot yardage off initial contact. Falls forward when tackled. Solid pass catcher out of the backfield.

Negatives: Not elusive ball-carrier who makes defenders miss or creates yardage. Average speed in his overall game.

Analysis: Dixon is a hard charging ball-carrier who can be a featured runner at the next level. In many ways he reminds us of Michael Turner at this point in his career, and like the Atlanta Falcons ball-carrier, Dixon could eventually develop into a starter over time.

Sounds like another 'downhill runner' type, this guy only went this far because of a DUI charge/college suspension last summer (was supposed to be a day 2 talent), if this guy shows up hungry enough he could put Glenn Coffee out of a job for sure.

I like the value for where we picked him but I was hoping to get a change of pace back not another big bruiser. Brandon James was still available and he could backup Ginn in the KR/PR duties as well as be a 3rd down back and has better speed.
Definitely not the change of pace back I was hoping we'd pick up in this draft, but talk about huge value and finally a solution to our short yard woes. Though I think he can become more than just a situational back. Coffee's going to have to step up his game with this guy around.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
great pick! we're going to be very Fysical next year. i love it.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Awesome pick! He is a gamer, runs a lot like Mendenhall and Turner, very stout straight ahead.
Originally posted by NinerGod:

great f'n pick up!

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap
That run against houston!
I am all for this pick - this guy's going to be a battering ram for us. I was expecting us to go for CB depth, but considering where we're picking up Davis I am thrilled about the value.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Mississippi's State all time leading rusher not bad

GOOD NOW WE CAN GET RID OF Michael Robinson so we can give Dixon #24

im still wondering why the niners didnt address the Cornerback position in the draft
i hope we dont have the problem this year how we had with not drafting a O linemen last year in the draft

Please tell me you're joking.
Originally posted by Giggidy:

im still wondering why the niners didnt address the Cornerback position in the draft
i hope we dont have the problem this year how we had with not drafting a O linemen last year in the draft

OUr talent level is increasing, one day mrob may not have a spot.

Robinson will probably be gone now that we have Gore, Coffee, and Dixon.
Originally posted by gravelburn:
Definitely not the change of pace back I was hoping we'd pick up in this draft, but talk about huge value and finally a solution to our short yard woes. Though I think he can become more than just a situational back. Coffee's going to have to step up his game with this guy around.

You're hinting on a question I had as soon as I heard Dixon was drafted: if Gore's the feature back and Dixon potentially being short-yardage, how will Coffee be utilized?
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

Robinson will probably be gone now that we have Gore, Coffee, and Dixon.

As much as I salivate thinking of the potential we have in the backfield, I struggle with thinking any of these three can take MRob's place on ST and as a team leader. I can't say MRob can play HB as well as any of the others, but I can definitely debate he's as good an overall athlete, if not a better overall athlete, than the others. But, if we have others who bump up their game on ST then perhaps MRob's time is indeed limited.
The kid is a tough runner. Welcome aboard to the 49ers Mr. Dixon!
Originally posted by socalfan21:
From those video clips he looks pretty good.

he is good... he didn't play for a winning team but he was their best player
Share 49ersWebzone