LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Anthony "Bam" Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by nickytheniner:
Trading up two picks and losing a 4th round pic was just flat out dumb to get davis. yes we did target him but theres no way the broncos or dolphins would have taken him and if the broncos traded there pic and they did pick davis we could have picked iupati with the 13th and bulaga with the 7th

Did you watch any post-draft analysis from either side of the spectrum? Dallas, Miami, Green Bay, and other numerous teams had Davis HIGH on their board and there was no chance of us getting him unless we pulled this trade off.

Denver was calling tons of teams to trade that spot down, and we had the best offer/hunger to pull it off. -Didn't you notice after we picked at #11 Miami 'suddenly' decided to trade down barely a minute after it was announced that we had drafted Davis?

Baalke made a ballsy move and it's going to pay-off.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Apr 23, 2010 at 12:57 AM ]

Blah blah blah, [blah].

I hear a lot of you complaining about this pick. He was the 3rd or 4th best OT in the draft according to experts. We got him at 11. Sure we threw in a 4th round pick, but who cares... we got our guy. Yes he's young, yes they say he may have some work ethic issues (lazy and overweight), but the kid must have talent. Otherwise they wouldn't have drafted him so high.

Although I LOVE the Iupati pick way more, I think A. Davis will pan out to be a good player. Singletary will work his magic and he'll become great.

Great picks in my opinion. We still have a handful of picks to address other needs such as Safety, Corner, Rush linebacker, etc.
Blah blah blah, [blah].

I hear a lot of you complaining about this pick. He was the 3rd or 4th best OT in the draft according to experts. We got him at 11. Sure we threw in a 4th round pick, but who cares... we got our guy. Yes he's young, yes they say he may have some work ethic issues (lazy and overweight), but the kid must have talent. Otherwise they wouldn't have drafted him so high.

Although I LOVE the Iupati pick way more, I think A. Davis will pan out to be a good player. Singletary will work his magic and he'll become great.

Great picks in my opinion. We still have a handful of picks to address other needs such as Safety, Corner, Rush linebacker, etc.
Blah blah blah, [blah].

Blah blah blah, [blah].

Blah blah blah, [blah].

I wonder whether the Niners will now trade David Baas to either move up in round 2 or replace the 4th round pick trade with the A. Davis selection.
Originally posted by wailers15:
WHAT ABOUT BALUGA???????????? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bulaga fell for a reason obviously Mike Solori wasnt sold on Bulaga and liked Davis better.

But that trade was aweful, we lost our 4th round pick to get a guy who would have been at 13 anyway
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by wailers15:
WHAT ABOUT BALUGA???????????? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bulaga fell for a reason obviously Mike Solori wasnt sold on Bulaga and liked Davis better.

But that trade was aweful, we lost our 4th round pick to get a guy who would have been at 13 anyway

dude u didnt hear GB and dallas bother were trying to trade up (as you can see both denver and miami were trading down) i think what they did was perfectly fine and a 4th is a small price to pay for a guy who you really like

I like this pick...the character issues concern me and unlike everyone else...I don't believe Sing is God and can give any Lion a heart....but the kid has skills and has a lot of potential.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Why are people so upset that we trade the 4th rd pick? only about 4 or 5 guys will make the team. We don't have many open roster spots. The 2 guys from yesterday and 2 guys from today will make the team along with Ted Ginn and maybe 1 more guy that we draft.
Love the pick he's a beast Like i said earlier what 20 year old doesn't need more motivation in life at what they are doing. He doesn't have character issues he has work ethic issues. wait til he its that hill I only think Williams was a better OT than Davis I wasn't too fond of Bulaga
He isn't that guy they were showing on tv awhile back that had the huge man-boobs is he? Please say that was someone else!
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by danimal:
LOVE the pick.

Love the trade up(Miami was definitely going to swoop up Davis, a 4th doesn't mean s**t to us right now)

I really Love the month Baalke is having.

Totally agree with you man, I doubt any player will be lazy with our coach to keep him in line.

and was it just me Memphis, but Anthony did not "look" fat. Usually when I hear the fat and lazy talk you can see it through the poor dudes suit.....Anthony looked like a fit guy in a suit anyway

He looks the part, didn't look fat at all to me.
Share 49ersWebzone