There are 306 users in the forums

Anthony "Bam" Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Love it!
They did it. They f**king did it.
If this move gets gore 500 more yards and smith 1 more sec in the pocket each pass then it is the best move they could have made.

do you think it gets them that?
LOVE the pick.

Love the trade up(Miami was definitely going to swoop up Davis, a 4th doesn't mean s**t to us right now)

I really Love the month Baalke is having.
Originally posted by JC49:
I don't understand why we had to give up our fourth round pick in a deep draft to move up two spots to get Davis. He likely would have been there at 13 and if not Bulaga would have been. Nevermind that I feel a lot more comfortable with Bulaga than Davis. I could have accepted getting Davis and assumed they had their reasons for liking him better if they could have waited until our thirteenth pick. Now we have spent more than our hightest pick on a twenty year old, overweight, unmotivated player. If Solari and Brown make a Pro-Bowler out of him I'll be thrilled and relieved.

Stop your b***hing! It was a good pick.
Originally posted by danimal:
LOVE the pick.

Love the trade up(Miami was definitely going to swoop up Davis, a 4th doesn't mean s**t to us right now)

Totally agree with you man, I doubt any player will be lazy with our coach to keep him in line.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
Well apparently we're not the only team that downgraded Baluga. I always judge a pick by what other teams are doing. OT are VERY valuable in the NFL. So why are all these teams passing on Baluga?

It's Bulaga...and he'll be solid in the NFL

No doubt. I'm just saying there was a lot of angry people declaring "we f**ked up", etc., declaring we should have taken Bulaga ... I guess I trust the 49er board and their player rating(s).

I still can't believe we took 2 OL guys. Just incredible. I didn't think we had the stones to do it but we did.

We really did!!

Baalke is the f**king man, and I'm going to assume by tonight/tomorrow there's gonna be a very adequate explanation to this trade (and there most likely was).

I just can't believe it... we've needed this type of line, specially going into those first 5 weeks of the season!

Baalke has made quite an impression on me already, trading for a speedy KR in Ginn and moving in the draft! Something McNolan never really seemed to do.

I like a GM who is willing to move around to pick up the player they want, hopefully they will pay Iupati when the time comes and keep him around for a long time
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
LOVE the pick.

Totally agree with you man, I doubt any player will be lazy with our coach to keep him in line.

and was it just me Memphis, but Anthony did not "look" fat. Usually when I hear the fat and lazy talk you can see it through the poor dudes suit.....Anthony looked like a fit guy in a suit anyway
LOVE the pick.

Exactly.

They immediately traded the pick once we took Davis! Oops someone's board got blown up!!! Maybe it's me but I really feel like we abused Miami this off-season.

excellent
LOVE the pick.

Exactly.

They immediately traded the pick once we took Davis! Oops someone's board got blown up!!! Maybe it's me but I really feel like we abused Miami this off-season.

Exactly! Good observation.

Championship caliber GMs go after their guy. Baalke did!

What a Touchdown for our future GM.

I can see Davis and Iupati take on the left side from the get go especially with Solari and Brown. It speaks volumes that we chose two rookies for them to mold.

Man, I just can't wait for Davis and Iupati to tag team Dockett for the first time!

A top five LOT when he's on...no doubt. I think he's going to be "on" for Coach, don't you think? You could hear the genuineness in his voice about being a Niner, he even choked up once.

For a #11 pick, we got our franchise LOT for the next 10 years. And, he's got a brother to hang with on one side for just as long in Iupati. Two maulers who finally can get those "two yards" that Singletary always talks about.

Finally!!!!!

LOVE the pick.

Exactly.

LOVE the pick.

+1
Anthony Davis: A BIG TIME Talent! I said it before, Anthony Davis is the most talented offensive tackle in a very talented offensive tackle class. He was the top rated offensive lineman coming out of High School and was recruited by everyone, USC, Ohio State, Florida, Miami, they all wanted him very badly but he was the first big time recruit coming out of New Jersey who stayed in state and signed with Rutgers. Came in as an 18 year old true freshman and started the last 8 games at right guard. Started 12 games at left tackle as a true sophomore in 2008 and another 12 at LT in 2009. Now he did report overweight every season at Rutgers starting with his freshmen season and was suspended for a game last year for being late to a team meeting. He was also overweight for the combine, so yes he has some flaws but he is only 20yrs old and he really does not have many weaknesses in his game. Go watch the game vs Pitt this past year; He dominated Pittsburgh DE Greg Romeus who is projected as a top 5 pick for the 2011 draft. He handled both George Selvie and Jason Pierre-Paul when USF played Rutgers. This kid when he is focused, he is a big time player. He was projected as a top 2-4 pick next year had he came back for his Senior season at Rutgers. At 6'5" 323pds he is obviously a big kid but he also has a wide frame with long arms. He can just slide and mirror defensive ends. He has good feet, esspecially for someone his size. I trust Singletary will keep this kid motivated and in shape and with Solari coaching him up along with Ray Brown, I think he is in good hands in San Francisco. I think he can come right in and compete for starting RT job and in 2011 and beyond I think he will be a big time NFL offensive tackle.
I'm concerned about the trade up as well, and I also thought that Bulaga was a better prospect, but I'm not an NFL Scout.

At the end of the day, we greatly improved out offensive line, and in 10 days, 10 months, and 10 years, that's all that's going to matter from this draft. I'm not out-of-my-skin happy, but I'm very content with the 1st round and looking forward to the next two.
Share 49ersWebzone