There are 176 users in the forums

Niners sign DE Travis LaBoy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Originally posted by natrone06:
Maybe its already been mentioned in the 10 pages but isn't laboy a steroids guy?

He never tested positive but his forehead sure looks like he has used the juice.[
/quote]
That was good
[ Edited by dugo on Apr 22, 2010 at 10:49 AM ]

Brooks better not lose snaps to this knucklehead.
I am not exactly 'excited' about this signing....but, you can never have too many OLB's and this guy plays hard. Let's hope he makes it through camp without getting injured.
Originally posted by fister30:

Brooks better not lose snaps to this knucklehead.

Nah, Brooks plays the SAM and will be competing for a starting spot this year. LaBoy may also be given a legitimate chance at starting over Haralson this year given that LaBoy played mostly the WILL position with AZ and Haralson is proven to be a great off-the-bench pass rusher. But, while most fans cap Haralson, we need to remember that Haralson did play with a bad hip flexor last year and it was his first year as a FT starter and according to MB, the teams seems happy with him:

As for Manny?

10:58 [Comment From mikeee ukmikeee uk: ]
"hi matt its draftmas day .....and manny lawson traded yes or no?"
Thursday April 22, 2010 10:58 mikeee uk

10:59 MattB_49: "It's certainly not a ridiculous proposition. As you'll recall, Lawson was one of the players who was absent from the team's march OTA. I've been told he's seeking an extension. the problem is that the 49ers have many, many players in search of extensions. Someone is going to get left out, and you can see a scenario where the 49ers try to get a draft pick for a guy they might lose anyway..."

11:09 [Comment From youngtoriceyoungtorice: ]
"don't you think the niners would be better served trading Haralson so they can re-sign Lawson?"

Thursday April 22, 2010 11:09 youngtorice
11:10 MattB_49: "No. I think they really like Haralson -- just the type of blue-collar effort player they like. In his defense, Haralson had a hip flexor injury that went unreported last year. He should be more productive this year..."
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 22, 2010 at 1:33 PM ]
This guy is a f**king waste of time, and hasn't earned a roster spot IMO!!!

mattbarrows

Travis LaBoy suffered a concussion one week ago. He's still not practicing ...
Originally posted by jreff22:

mattbarrows

I agree. He hasn't done a thing
Originally posted by lamontb:

mattbarrows

NFL rules in reg season is that you miss the next game if you suffered a concussion right?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

mattbarrows

NFL rules in reg season is that you miss the next game if you suffered a concussion right?

not sure they made that an official rule or not but that could be correct. i'm just not sure.

mattbarrows

I think so but he hasn't done s**t at all, miss the game yes...miss some practice I don't think so.

mattbarrows

I think so but he hasn't done s**t at all, miss the game yes...miss some practice I don't think so.

even louis murphy practiced after his concussion? (non-Physical but it was practice)

mattbarrows

I'm not sure if you guys have ever had a serious concussion. I had one once that took me a week before I was able to function enough to drive a car. The headache, equilibrium issues, and inability to focus just wouldn't quit.
Originally posted by D_Niner:

mattbarrows

I'm not sure if you guys have ever had a serious concussion. I had one once that took me a week before I was able to function enough to drive a car. The headache, equilibrium issues, and inability to focus just wouldn't quit.

If he had something very serious I'm sure it would of been reported as a major concussion.
Originally posted by D_Niner:

mattbarrows

If he had something very serious I'm sure it would of been reported as a major concussion.

I'm just sayin, different peoples bodies respond/heal differently than others; furthermore, an impact to one area of the head creates a different type/severity of concussion than an impact to a different region of the head.

As for Travis... I don't care if he makes the team or not; I just want the best players to earn their spot on the team. If that proves to be LaBoy then great; but, I'm not going to crown his ass or condemn him because of this concussion. Let him heal up and see what he can do...

LB Travis Laboy
This guy was a 2nd round pick so you know he has some athleticism and talent. Arizona seemed to be high on this guy but he always seemed to be hurt or some s**t. Either way, I think he's a legit NFL talent. I'd probably keep him over Briggs but what do I know...I trust the coaches will make the right choice on this one since it seems like one of the tougher battles for a job.
Share 49ersWebzone