There are 159 users in the forums

Niners sign DE Travis LaBoy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
The 49ers should draft another OLB in the mid-late rounds to compete with LaBoy and Briggs for the 2 remaining roster spots.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Good low risk signing that didn't cost alot and gives the Niners another veteran 3-4 OLB who can rush the passer to compete in training camp. I like it.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Good low risk signing that didn't cost alot and gives the Niners another veteran 3-4 OLB who can rush the passer to compete in training camp. I like it.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Now we need a OT or OG before the draft. so we can take the best available rather than drafting for need, I liked his motor in AZ, nice to have depth!

And at $1.6mm it's not really breaking the bank. Who knows: maybe he'll have 3-5 sacks next season...
I think this is a nice, low risk pick up. He's signed on for 1 year at a very low cost and as a local boy, hopefully he will be raring to go and show everyone that he's worth signing for a much longer and more expensive contract!
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Check it out...

Thoughts?

I believe we wont be selecting a OLB until later rounds now so you guys know what that means...Most likely no:Kindle,Graham,Hughes.

Great sign IMO that will give us great depth and great competition.

Interesting that "Manny" is seeking a contact extension, misses the OTA's with no comment and then we sign LaBoy and Brooks. Haralson is already signed LT through 2013. So if we don't trade Lawson this is Lawson's contract year and he will have to prove he's more then just a 1st and 2nd down guy with both Brooks/LaBoy pushing him AND taking snaps from him.

Either way, if LaBoy gets back to form (it's his contract year as well), don't be surprised if he pushes Haralson to the bench also. I think this team is truly starting to understand the importance of the pass rush from both OLB positions.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Good signing.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Check it out...

Thoughts?

I believe we wont be selecting a OLB until later rounds now so you guys know what that means...Most likely no:Kindle,Graham,Hughes.

Great sign IMO that will give us great depth and great competition.

Interesting that "Manny" is seeking a contact extension, misses the OTA's with no comment and then we sign LaBoy and Brooks. Haralson is already signed LT through 2013. So if we don't trade Lawson this is Lawson's contract year and he will have to prove he's more then just a 1st and 2nd down guy with both Brooks/LaBoy pushing him AND taking snaps from him.

Either way, if LaBoy gets back to form (it's his contract year as well), don't be surprised if he pushes Haralson to the bench also. I think this team is truly starting to understand the importance of the pass rush from both OLB positions.

NC, despite being accused of "dazzling BS", I was thinking the same thing about the LaBoy signing - if the team has so much faith in Lawson, you don't spend $1.6Mil on a 1 year contract which is essentially an insurance policy against a possible "hold-out". I also expect the team to draft a OLB in the 2nd or 3rd.

Hahaha...hey, I've been accused of worse!

A hold out ~ great point and now the no-show/no-comment for OTA's makes more sense...draft tomorrow and LaBoy is healthy/hungry and locked up, Singletary loves Brooks and signed him to a 2 year contract (and I believe I read a quote from Singletary that he was looking to have Brooks compete for a starting spot this year - that spot would be at the SAM, right?)...all interesting developments. Many of the draft boards have us taking Graham or Kindel too.

And what would Manny ask for as a 1st and 2nd down SAM anyway? How many starting SAMs across the league are substituted for better pass rushers every down?
Good move. I like what we've done so far in the off-season
god i swear arizona cardinal forums piss me off so much

• Happs
  • Veteran
If he sucks then I will call him Ladyboy but I hope I do not have to do that
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

then don't go there
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

I know, they're filled with a bunch of idiots and think the division will always be theirs..but I can't help and go there
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Apr 21, 2010 at 3:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Happs:
If he sucks then I will call him Ladyboy but I hope I do not have to do that

haha!
good signing.....should help our pass rush.
Share 49ersWebzone