LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Ted Ginn a niner (5th round pick)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
VernonDavis85

Hey Ted I'm on the jug machine everyday after practice, you can find me there. Everyday that you miss you owe me $1000. Starting 4/28

thats awesome
VernonDavis85

Hey Ted I'm on the jug machine everyday after practice, you can find me there. Everyday that you miss you owe me $1000. Starting 4/28

Good work Vernon.

Great! Highway robbery for one of the best returners in the NFL! He's going to be better than the player we pick at that spot 99% of the time. Our draft changes slightly -- I think maybe now we can now forget CJ Spiller at 13 and his main upside of being utilized in the return game. At least the debate will be easier with a good OT, Joe Haden, and Spiller on the board when we pick.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
VernonDavis85

Vernon is getting me jacked, man.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:
What if we look back in 10 years and this ends up being one of the best trades that we have ever made. I could see that happening.

While I don't share your optimism I hope you are right.

Who knows. He SHOULD be a YAC machine. Who says he couldn't be a solid #2/#3 as well? Sure, that is some optimism, but the kids ceiling is extremely high.

If he learns how to run routes, catch the ball, and stop fumbling (as a WR and on ST) maybe...

Parcels didn't get fleeced by the 49ers, he took what he could get for a guy that was a TOP 10 draft pick just three years ago. There is a reason for that.

Sorry to be a wet blanket on this thread, but I just don't think the guy is very good. I'd gladly have a solid KR that always gets upfield, holds on to the ball, and might occasionally break off a big one than a guy that doesn't do those things but is more of a threat to score. The 2nd guy may be more of a threat, but he still will only do it once or twice in a 16 game season.

Well of course, which is why people are actually more excited by the value we got for this guy, because we're looking forward to the 'potential' factor.

And It doesn't matter how many returns Ginn scores just as long as the guy productively sets our offense up for nominal field position from week to week (which is why we pulled the trigger).

Is he going to be the next 'so and so'? Who knows, who cares, we're just glad we got somebody with more talent/know-how at the return position than we did LAST SEASON.

So put a smile on your face and be happy Brandon Jones won't be that guy next season.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Apr 16, 2010 at 1:04 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo63:
VernonDavis85

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
What if we look back in 10 years and this ends up being one of the best trades that we have ever made. I could see that happening.

Who knows. He SHOULD be a YAC machine. Who says he couldn't be a solid #2/#3 as well? Sure, that is some optimism, but the kids ceiling is extremely high.

If he learns how to run routes, catch the ball, and stop fumbling (as a WR and on ST) maybe...

Parcels didn't get fleeced by the 49ers, he took what he could get for a guy that was a TOP 10 draft pick just three years ago. There is a reason for that.

Sorry to be a wet blanket on this thread, but I just don't think the guy is very good. I'd gladly have a solid KR that always gets upfield, holds on to the ball, and might occasionally break off a big one than a guy that doesn't do those things but is more of a threat to score. The 2nd guy may be more of a threat, but he still will only do it once or twice in a 16 game season.

did you even watch that 9+ minute you tube highlight of Ginn?, and you want to base your opinion on 10 drops in his 3rd year?

Why do people respond, ignore everything someone said, and make up something they didn't say as a basis for their response? When did I say anything about 10 drops in his third year? That is only part of it. He also fumbles a lot for a receiver and even more as a returner. 7 special teams fumbles in only three years? Kinda makes me want Arnaz Battle back there again...
VernonDavis85

Might be a stupid question but what is a jug machine?

I love this move! I don't care if he never catches a ball on offense. We lost two or three games last year just on punt return mistakes, and this should change all that.

Also lovin' VD's twitter responses to the trade...
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Love the trade, just watched highlights on YouTube, does anybody have info on what his 40 time was at the combine because he looks like lightning on the videos.

Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

No surprise... you've been a wet blanket in every thread I've seen you post in. At any rate, we just got an upgrade at KR for a 5th round pick (to a large degree it seems, at least for the majority). A good reason to be enthusiastic, at least for a bit.

Maybe of your opinions (and on the general intelligence of the WZ) but I'm more often than not complimentary of our players.
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Love the trade, just watched highlights on YouTube, does anybody have info on what his 40 time was at the combine because he looks like lightning on the videos.

I dont think he ran at the combine because of an injury
  • gore4prez
  • Info N/A
Somebody please photo shop a pic with him wearing a niners jersey? I cant wait to see this....
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
VernonDavis85

A machine that tosses footballs at you at 1000 mph.
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
VernonDavis85

that machine that launches the football so you practice catching

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Apr 16, 2010 at 1:07 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone