There are 272 users in the forums

Ted Ginn a niner (5th round pick)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:
What if we look back in 10 years and this ends up being one of the best trades that we have ever made. I could see that happening.

While I don't share your optimism I hope you are right.

Who knows. He SHOULD be a YAC machine. Who says he couldn't be a solid #2/#3 as well? Sure, that is some optimism, but the kids ceiling is extremely high.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by susweel:
Good move

Already liking Baalke more then McClueless.

I have to agree, but that's because I never really liked McCloughan. People are jocking Baalke pretty hard in this thread, but we need to remember it's only one move. I have a feelng Baalke will be good for us, but I'll reserve judgement until after his first draft.

I never liked McCluless as well he was always too scared and would never do a move like this. Baalke shows alot of character and I like that! I would really love Baalke if he traded up the Draft and got Eric Berry!
dam i got to cheer for another ohio state player that's depressing
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
TWITTER VernonDavis85

I'm excited about Ted Ginn, let's go it's time to work! Me, crab, Josh,Ted, Alex, and Frankie g. They can't stop us!

FK Yeah!

Quote:
VernonDavis85 I will lead so just follow me troops!! And then we shall all follow each other.

Quote:
VernonDavis85 Ted let's go baby!!!!!

Quote:
VernonDavis85 I just talked to Ted 2 days ago I told him if ever left the dolphins I hope he came to us so we can work, I believe he can be special!

Quote:
VernonDavis85 I'll pushem!

VD is even starting to sound like Singletary.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Happy Birthday to me!

Happy Birthday indeed...and many more!
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
TWITTER VernonDavis85

I'm excited about Ted Ginn, let's go it's time to work! Me, crab, Josh,Ted, Alex, and Frankie g. They can't stop us!

Now, improve the o-line, wake Raye up from his nap and get ALL these guys out in a spread, early and often and watch what happens!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like this quote from Gregg Rosenthal.

Quote:
Ginn should compete with Brandon Jones and Jason Hill for the No. 3 receiver job, a role he's suited for. Ginn probably wouldn't be seen as a bust if he was evaluated properly coming out of college and simply just used that way from day one.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Apr 16, 2010 at 12:53 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by susweel:
Good move

Already liking Baalke more then McClueless.

I have to agree, but that's because I never really liked McCloughan. People are jocking Baalke pretty hard in this thread, but we need to remember it's only one move. I have a feelng Baalke will be good for us, but I'll reserve judgement until after his first draft.

I agree
What if we look back in 10 years and this ends up being one of the best trades that we have ever made. I could see that happening.

Who knows. He SHOULD be a YAC machine. Who says he couldn't be a solid #2/#3 as well? Sure, that is some optimism, but the kids ceiling is extremely high.

If he learns how to run routes, catch the ball, and stop fumbling (as a WR and on ST) maybe...

Parcels didn't get fleeced by the 49ers, he took what he could get for a guy that was a TOP 10 draft pick just three years ago. There is a reason for that.

Sorry to be a wet blanket on this thread, but I just don't think the guy is very good. I'd gladly have a solid KR that always gets upfield, holds on to the ball, and might occasionally break off a big one than a guy that doesn't do those things but is more of a threat to score. The 2nd guy may be more of a threat, but he still will only do it once or twice in a 16 game season.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
C.J Spiller officially will not be a 49er and that is okay.

I can't understand why so many of you didn't want Spiller. He is such a threat and would have been a shot of adrenaline for our sleepy offense as well as a return man. That's really the only reason I wouldn't like this trade for Ginn (but I do). Now I'm hoping for Jahvid Best in the 2nd round. I'd still love picking Spiller though. People act like we have some sort of explosive offense and don't need big-play guys.

• fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thefins:
As a fins fan, Im happy to see him go. So is pretty much every Fins Fan I know. Maybe he just needs a scenery change, but he was terrible with is. He was a huge factor in our loses to both the Colts and Saints (he directly caused the Saints loss).

This is how we remember him:
Enjoy

The one thing I don't see in that lowlight reel is him dropping a punt. Although there was one kickoff fumble. If he has decent hands for punt/kick-off I think 49er fans will be happy. Also, I don't think he needs Singletary in his face. I imagine Parcells did that. I think he needs to be motivated - and that is something that Singletary excels at. We also have a lot of hard workers on the team, and I think that will also encourage him to do the same.

If he learns how to run routes, catch the ball, and stop fumbling (as a WR and on ST) maybe...

Parcels didn't get fleeced by the 49ers, he took what he could get for a guy that was a TOP 10 draft pick just three years ago. There is a reason for that.

Sorry to be a wet blanket on this thread, but I just don't think the guy is very good. I'd gladly have a solid KR that always gets upfield, holds on to the ball, and might occasionally break off a big one than a guy that doesn't do those things but is more of a threat to score. The 2nd guy may be more of a threat, but he still will only do it once or twice in a 16 game season.

did you even watch that 9+ minute you tube highlight of Ginn?, and you want to base your opinion on 10 drops in his 3rd year?
VernonDavis85

Hey Ted I'm on the jug machine everyday after practice, you can find me there. Everyday that you miss you owe me $1000. Starting 4/28

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Miami is just pissed because all they could get was a 5th rounder.

No surprise... you've been a wet blanket in every thread I've seen you post in. At any rate, we just got an upgrade at KR for a 5th round pick (to a large degree it seems, at least for the majority). A good reason to be enthusiastic, at least for a bit.
Share 49ersWebzone