There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Public reactions to Jed York.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2010/03/york-announces-mccloughans-departure-as-49ers-gm.html

How the public and fans view the comments of Jed York.

1) "Does anyone else find this press conference (to say nothing of the whole process) bizarre? How do you go from giving the keys to the kingdom to McCloughan to having it be in both parties' "best interest" to part just a few weeks before the draft? This organization is Dysfunctional (with a capital D)."

2) "If Jed York had any integrity he would get out of the football business. Jed is an absolute joke and his team is a laughingstock. If there was any hint that mccloughlin wasnt up to the job a couple months ago, the niners should have jumped on bruce allen or holmgren.

As the warrior situation shows, fans and the lack of money can force ownership moves. It is time for a real talk about boycotting this sorry organization, and its an especially good time when they decide to RAISE ticket prices by 10% after a non-playoff year.

Boycott this team, stop spending any more money on this inept family."

3) "I wonder if Larry Ellison's possible purchase of the Warriors means he won't also be in the market for the 49ers one day.

After a decade of York ownership, here we are again with what has become business as usual: Ongoing integrity problems, instability, and a putrid team on the field."
I agree. Ownership sucks IMHO. Instability and a bad product.

I still love me some niners tho!!
new owners would be nice... but i'm not boycotting.
Stop picking and choosing. Here are some other fans reactions:

"I just listened to the conference call on 49ers.com Two impressions:

1. Jed York handled himself very well in a situation where he obviously was not able to be specific. His answers were very clear when he could say something, and he stuck to the message "I can't comment on a private personnel matter" the rest of the time. We don't know any juicy details, but I think he handled himself very well."

"I agree, I was impressed by Jed's poise, and loyalty to SM's privacy. He seems focused on business as usual until after the draft, and I like that approach. I don't think the team will miss a beat in the short term. In the long term its logical to wait until after the draft to restructure team management."

"

Fair to say Jed is genuinely concerned for the Franchise as well as Scot.

Give Jed his due for looking after the football interests BEFORE the Draft and recognizing potential for conflicts in job obligations.

Whatever created the rift, it's now settled. He cleared the air and removed any lengthy abscence concerns by being direct and parting ways.

On with the Business of Football.

Kudos to Jed for putting WINS and Playoffs into the fore, he is at least staying active as his Uncle Eddie did."
  • benton45
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2010/03/york-announces-mccloughans-departure-as-49ers-gm.html

1) "Does anyone else find this press conference (to say nothing of the whole process) bizarre? How do you go from giving the keys to the kingdom to McCloughan to having it be in both parties' "best interest" to part just a few weeks before the draft? This organization is Dysfunctional (with a capital D)."

2) "If Jed York had any integrity he would get out of the football business. Jed is an absolute joke and his team is a laughingstock. If there was any hint that mccloughlin wasnt up to the job a couple months ago, the niners should have jumped on bruce allen or holmgren.

As the warrior situation shows, fans and the lack of money can force ownership moves. It is time for a real talk about boycotting this sorry organization, and its an especially good time when they decide to RAISE ticket prices by 10% after a non-playoff year.

3) "I wonder if Larry Ellison's possible purchase of the Warriors means he won't also be in the market for the 49ers one day.

After a decade of York ownership, here we are again with what has become business as usual: Ongoing integrity problems, instability, and a putrid team on the field."

Maybe you should put on your big girl panties, wipe away those tears and realize that things happen behind closed doors with businesses that are better off behind those doors.

or heres a better idea... go be a chargers fan
of course it sucks to lose our GM now but chill out people. sh!t happens. life will go on and as long as we draft like we should and dont reach we should be fine. lookin forward to NFC West championship this year!
Originally posted by modninerfan:

If I knew for sure that a boycott would result in new owners, I'd do it. Since there's no way to know what will result in a boycott, I'm not gonna do it.
Bad timing, for sure but McCloughan's days where numbered anyway. He's been as much a part of the "Dysfunction" as anyone in the 49er's front office.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
I agree. Ownership sucks IMHO. Instability and a bad product.

I still love me some niners tho!!

They are pretty unstable. I wonder if they think anything through. They seem so reactionary rather than proactive.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

If I knew for sure that a boycott would result in new owners, I'd do it. Since there's no way to know what will result in a boycott, I'm not gonna do it.

Something has to be done. We can't keep putting up with the Yorks.
Originally posted by benton45:

Maybe you should put on your big girl panties, wipe away those tears and realize that things happen behind closed doors with businesses that are better off behind those doors.

Thank you for saying what we were all thinking.

Face it SanDiego49er, you're a Jed hater. He could have come out and told you that Scot cheated on his wife with an intern at the facility and you would have somehow found a way to still be displeased with him. Something along the lines of "Classic York's promoting someone with a perfect track record w/o knowing he'd bang an intern. Way to go Jed. You fail, sell the team". Or "Classic, Jed. Classless, things like this should be kept confidential. Total lack of Class. Real owners never spill the beans".

Jed handled this properly. He told Scot he'd wait 5 days, he did. Scot asked for this to remain confidential, he did. He gave a vote of confidence to Alex, told us Sing will be just a coach, and those are important things we needed to know. Baalke is clearly a more than satisfactory candidate to do the job he's been asked to do.
Championship!

Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by benton45:

Thank you for saying what we were all thinking.

Face it SanDiego49er, you're a Jed hater. He could have come out and told you that Scot cheated on his wife with an intern at the facility and you would have somehow found a way to still be displeased with him. Something along the lines of "Classic York's promoting someone with a perfect track record w/o knowing he'd bang an intern. Way to go Jed. You fail, sell the team". Or "Classic, Jed. Classless, things like this should be kept confidential. Total lack of Class. Real owners never spill the beans".

Jed handled this properly. He told Scot he'd wait 5 days, he did. Scot asked for this to remain confidential, he did. He gave a vote of confidence to Alex, told us Sing will be just a coach, and those are important things we needed to know. Baalke is clearly a more than satisfactory candidate to do the job he's been asked to do.

He's completely overmatched and unqualified to do what he is doing. He's just a rich kid. And he's stupid like his father.
  • benton45
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Something has to be done. We can't keep putting up with the Yorks.

Get off the MB...go get rich..buy the team...it's obvious that you would make all the right moves. All you need is to ditch crying on the internet and a middle class life for actual ownership and wealth....

get after it man... the future is in your hands.
After today's conference call. Fan support just poured into team HQ. Paraag Marathe, on behalf of the senior management consolidated the fan mails and reported to the ownership. The response was absolutely marvelous, Paraag assured the ownership there was a single negative feedback.