There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Football Ops Department now headed by 28 and 33 year olds

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
The 49ers have become Detroit Lions West with this pathetic front office and ownership.

Time for the Yorks to finally step up........Let's see what you got, Crown Prince. It's not enough to be the talking head now. You have to make some serious moves to clean up this mess.
The 49ers have become Detroit Lions West with this pathetic front office and ownership.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
K....so ScottyMac is audi for an extended period of time, & already have guys to fill his spot with Trent Baalke and Tom Gamble. So story over right? But everyone here is like it's judgment day....
Promised Land
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Niner Talk now overrun by 12 year olds.

• cools
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for cools.
Baalke and Gamble have been with the team , and have experience with GM type duties as far as evaluating Pro and College talent, and Marathe handles the contracts

Gamble is probably more of a "Team Builder" compared to the others, so i would expect to see him move up the ladder a bit

We may even see a GM by committee type of structure, with decisions being made by the group and Sing having final say on how the team is built and run

Im sure Sing wants more "say" when it comes to who we bring in, who we cut and who we do contract extentions with, all Head Coches do, and over the years were starting to see that more around the league, though most of those HC's have way more experience

In any business enviorment you have to be carefull how much power one employee has, I hope Jed keeps that in mind
[ Edited by cools on Mar 19, 2010 at 10:29 AM ]
Thats not a big deal, age should not be a factor. If your surrounded by the right people you can make it work.
Originally posted by RJCS80:
Well, the Red Sox do just fine with Theo Epstein and he's young as well.

Yep same with the Rangers GM. He's brought in some good talent.
Originally posted by 49ersBest1:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I third that

You are all losing your goddamn minds.

Scot takes a leave of absence for personal reasons, and suddenly our front office and ownership is incompetent?

What the hell is wrong with you people...
You know people on here are just waiting to overreact to something.

dude don't you think you're overreacting a little?

Originally posted by oregondave:

you act as if McClueeless was ozzie newsome.......does kentawn balmer over kenny phillips mean anything to you....how about chilo rachal over desean jackson and reggie smith over steve slaton......how about alex carr over aaron rodgers
Is scotty the only one that can make football decisions? It would be pretty lame if so. Thats like only having 1 QB with no back up. Calm down guys, everything is fine!
Originally posted by susweel:
Thats not a big deal, age should not be a factor. If your surrounded by the right people you can make it work.

A little experience and some life experiences don't hurt. Not very many mid-size to large busninesses are run by 28 and 33 year olds. There is a reason for that.

If the way they are handling this situation is an indication of things to come I, for one, am going to be very unhappy.

The young York and his wet-behind-the-ears sidekick need to step-up and tell people what is going on. You don't just fire your GM five weeks before the draft with no explanantion and no apparent plan then run and hide. Somehow I don't think this will be studied in Paraag's MBA classes as a case study in good management. There better be a damn good reason they are doing this and they better tell us what that reason is sooner rather than later.
Well those that bagged on Scott should be happy.
Originally posted by dbdublin:
Originally posted by susweel:

A little experience and some life experiences don't hurt. Not very many mid-size to large busninesses are run by 28 and 33 year olds. There is a reason for that.

If the way they are handling this situation is an indication of things to come I, for one, am going to be very unhappy.

The young York and his wet-behind-the-ears sidekick need to step-up and tell people what is going on. You don't just fire your GM five weeks before the draft with no explanantion and no apparent plan then run and hide. Somehow I don't think this will be studied in Paraag's MBA classes as a case study in good management. There better be a damn good reason they are doing this and they better tell us what that reason is sooner rather than later.

This s**t is not rocket science, its just a football team. Also Jed has the advice of perhaps the greatest owner in Eddie D. Just like any other job he is growing into his position. Nothing wrong with young guys on the come up.
Since when did Baalke become 33 years old. Either way, I'm sure he doesn't have final say over Paraage anyways.