LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

Football Ops Department now headed by 28 and 33 year olds

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Three strongest interim GM possibilities: Paraag Marathe, Trent Baalke, Tom Gamble. But I believe Jed York will be more & more involved.
http://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/10691360323

As for shooting down my speculation that Jed York could assume more football control... Shoot away, then ask: Who's running the meetings?
http://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/10691360323

So it looks like two of our most educated and talented front office people will be taking up the slack from Scotty's departure. I think this is very critical two years for Jed York and Paraag Marathe.

Maiocco said about 30 minutes ago on KNBR, he does not expect York to hire a GM for another 2 years. The reason? If different people pick up the slack this season, next year there will most likely be a lockout.

I hope these guys can take us to the promise land. Jed always wanted to be like Eddie and Sing always wanted to be like Bill Walsh. So like in Chinese the same character for crisis is opportunity, I hope the men left, who are smart can lead us to the promise land!
The ownership and senior management have a plan of action to build a champion. Don't question the Yorks. Their track record suggests they field nothing but champions. Why would you question their great leadership?

Well I'd say most of the guys here are that age and they all seem to know everything on drafting and running a team. So why not.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The ownership and senior management have a plan of action to build a champion. Don't question the Yorks. Their track record suggests they field nothing but champions. Why would you question their great leadership?

Just pointing out that is Jed wants to be great, this provides him the opportunity to preform
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Just pointing out that is Jed wants to be great, this provides him the opportunity to preform

Im for it they have the scouts and all teh reports in hand. Scotty Donahue needed to be fired sooner. Hell im so stoked that im actually excited about this years draft.
Time to see what happens!
Niner Talk now overrun by 12 year olds.
28 year olds are old enough to f**king know whats going on
Well, the Red Sox do just fine with Theo Epstein and he's young as well.
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Well I'd say most of the guys here are that age and they all seem to know everything on drafting and running a team. So why not.

Sure firing the GM weeks before the draft is the right thing to to. Why question the Yorks with their great championship record? I mean 5 Super Bowl winners...............

Oh wait that was Eddie D....

Originally posted by global_nomad:

I'd like some of whatever drugs you are on
It's much better to decide on what direction this Front Office is going now ;THAN after the draft next month....it's too bad Mac is tearing the sheets, but if it's affecting his work, so be it....real life is not about excuses, you get canned...
The 49ers have become Detroit Lions West with this pathetic front office and ownership.
I see no middle ground here. Either option A or B.

Option A: Through this will emerge young leadership with progressive football philosophy.

Option B: Head scratching personnel and roster decisions. Followed with another decade in the s**tter.

I'm hoping for option "A"

[ Edited by mavfd9er on Mar 18, 2010 at 9:11 PM ]
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
The 49ers have become Detroit Lions West with this pathetic front office and ownership.
Share 49ersWebzone