There are 254 users in the forums

Singletary Having more say in Talent Evaluations?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Everyone here as read reports that singletary has been out "scouting" players at small colleges, and if you haven't check Draft War Room for more information. The biggest issue I have with Scot leaving the team is not actually about scot, it's about coach. We've already had an unproven head coach also ge the job as GM and that was a huge failure, it looks like singletary is taking more of a say in Talent Evalutions and that is very upsetting. Has he even proven to be a good head coach yet? He once said TBC would have 10 sacks as a Niner. Yea, TBC. He also didn't wan to draft Willis, who funnily enough Scot was the biggest backer of.

Please niners, tell singletary To focus on HIS job, not on a gm's.
  • evil
  • Veteran
It's not uncommon for HC's to be out at Pro Day's watching players workout.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Exactly. And Method I don't think they are bout to make Sing the HC/GM. Most teams the coach and gm go and scout players at pro days. Let's just wait and see if he turns out to be a good coach or not.
you know, if you want to spin it the other way...

Sing knew Scott's future was coming into question, so he started evaluating players in case Scott leaves before the draft. That way he's covered.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:

Exactly. And Method I don't think they are bout to make Sing the HC/GM. Most teams the coach and gm go and scout players at pro days. Let's just wait and see if he turns out to be a good coach or not.

Trent Baalke or Tom Gamble would be my best guess as an interim GM, or dividing up the duties between the 2 of them.

Trent Baalke or Tom Gamble would be my best guess as an interim GM, or dividing up the duties between the 2 of them.

Who are those 2 guys and do they have any previous experience? .

Trent Baalke or Tom Gamble would be Matt Barrows' best guess as an interim GM, or dividing up the duties between the 2 of them.

fixed
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Trent Baalke or Tom Gamble would be Matt Barrows' best guess as an interim GM, or dividing up the duties between the 2 of them.

fixed

lol

• evil
  • Veteran

Who are those 2 guys and do they have any previous experience? .

Baalke is the director of player personnel. Gamble is the director of pro personnel.

Gamble is the more experienced of the two.
  • evil
  • Veteran

fixed

No, at this point if the promotion is made from within those are the 2 most qualified people we have. It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

If we go outside the organization then my guess is as good as anyone's.

fixed

No, at this point if the promotion is made from within those are the 2 most qualified people we have. It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

• evil
  • Veteran

fixed

Originally posted by Method:
Everyone here as read reports that singletary has been out "scouting" players at small colleges, and if you haven't check Draft War Room for more information. The biggest issue I have with Scot leaving the team is not actually about scot, it's about coach. We've already had an unproven head coach also ge the job as GM and that was a huge failure, it looks like singletary is taking more of a say in Talent Evalutions and that is very upsetting. Has he even proven to be a good head coach yet? He once said TBC would have 10 sacks as a Niner. Yea, TBC. He also didn't wan to draft Willis, who funnily enough Scot was the biggest backer of.

Please niners, tell singletary To focus on HIS job, not on a gm's.

i think sing is probably a better talent evaluator then MCCluess and Nowin
Share 49ersWebzone