LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Singletary Having more say in Talent Evaluations?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by YorkHater:
Originally posted by Method:
Everyone here as read reports that singletary has been out "scouting" players at small colleges, and if you haven't check Draft War Room for more information. The biggest issue I have with Scot leaving the team is not actually about scot, it's about coach. We've already had an unproven head coach also ge the job as GM and that was a huge failure, it looks like singletary is taking more of a say in Talent Evalutions and that is very upsetting. Has he even proven to be a good head coach yet? He once said TBC would have 10 sacks as a Niner. Yea, TBC. He also didn't wan to draft Willis, who funnily enough Scot was the biggest backer of.

Please niners, tell singletary To focus on HIS job, not on a gm's.

i think sing is probably a better talent evaluator then MCCluess and Nowin

LOL, all you gotta do to get drafted by Sing is tell him how much you love Jesus, and give a heartfelt story about how you lost your pet turtle at age nine, and how it influenced you to become the greatest football player you can be!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Everyone here as read reports that singletary has been out "scouting" players at small colleges, and if you haven't check Draft War Room for more information. The biggest issue I have with Scot leaving the team is not actually about scot, it's about coach. We've already had an unproven head coach also ge the job as GM and that was a huge failure, it looks like singletary is taking more of a say in Talent Evalutions and that is very upsetting. Has he even proven to be a good head coach yet? He once said TBC would have 10 sacks as a Niner. Yea, TBC. He also didn't wan to draft Willis, who funnily enough Scot was the biggest backer of.

LOL, all you gotta do to get drafted by Sing is tell him how much you love Jesus, and give a heartfelt story about how you lost your pet turtle at age nine, and how it influenced you to become the greatest football player you can be!

I really like this website, but I can't stand it when the LORD's name is used in vain.

I know you may not understand that, but please understand that using his name to make a joke is nothing to play with.

As far as football goes....... I think Coach Sing is scouting potential draftee's and doing his homework in preparation for the war room discussions. l don't think for a minute that he wants to take over the GM job in addition to being the HC.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
If Sing was in charge of that 07 draft Willis wouldn't be here right now. But McCloughan scouted Willis and vouched for him harder than our HOF LB.
Originally posted by kemp_j:

I really like this website, but I can't stand it when the LORD's name is used in vain.

I know you may not understand that, but please understand that using his name to make a joke is nothing to play with.

As far as football goes....... I think Coach Sing is scouting potential draftee's and doing his homework in preparation for the war room discussions. l don't think for a minute that he wants to take over the GM job in addition to being the HC.

lol. i'd stay far away from the parking lot then.
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Mar 18, 2010 at 12:06 PM ]

Dude you are going to have to be more tolerant. This is a football site and a broad cross-section of people post here and you have no right to impose your morality on others, and if you get offended at what they post it is your problem unless they break the rules.

So chill

That sentiment was not sacrilegious at all, I'm only pointing out how Singletary is more pre-empt to show a 'natural' Christian influence towards his decisions and actions.

Am I saying that's a bad thing? Am I saying religion is evil and should be separated from a job? No (and far from what I was saying), if it works keep doing it, but balance your strategy/common sense out before being sold a bill of goods.
Originally posted by English:

Dude you are going to have to be more tolerant. This is a football site and a broad cross-section of people post here and you have no right to impose your morality on others, and if you get offended at what they post it is your problem unless they break the rules.

So chill

How am I imposing my will on anyone? I know my comments are not going to change anything. The purpose of my comment was to voice my opinion.

Besides that, I'm always chill E.

Go Niners!!!

That sentiment was not sacrilegious at all, I'm only pointing out how Singletary is more pre-empt to show a 'natural' Christian influence towards his decisions and actions.

Am I saying that's a bad thing? Am I saying religion is evil and should be separated from a job? No (and far from what I was saying), if it works keep doing it, but balance your strategy/common sense out before being sold a bill of goods.

Thanks for the positive response.

IMO Coach Sing should not be ridiculed because he is a Chrsitian. Hopefully that wasn't your intent. He has been around football and the NFL for years, decades, so I think it would be hard to get over on him. If anything his belief opens his eyes even more to those trying to sell him a bill of goods.

Getting back to football:
YorkHater was right when he said that Coach Sing could evaluate players as well as the GM. How could he not? He is a Hall a Fame, SB winning HD Coach.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Singletary is doing his job, chill out.

The guy getting fired/let go/leaving or whatever is the one in question, not our coach.
Originally posted by Chief:
Singletary is doing his job, chill out.

The guy getting fired/let go/leaving or whatever is the one in question, not our coach.

This. Although we have Baalke and Gamble, and one of them will likely be calling the shots, there's STILL a lot of discussion in the war room. I'm sure last year, Singletary wasn't as participatory as he would've liked. Even if he doesn't have the final say, it's important that his voice is heard during the discussions.

Go Alex Smith
At this point we are screwed and York has struck us once again. We don't have time to find a replacement. So we are going into the draft blind with 2 first rounders.
I hope they dont let Sing pick players, Id rather let Jed do it lol...

I have to be the longest running webzone member with 1 post next to my name.....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
At this point we are screwed and York has struck us once again. We don't have time to find a replacement. So we are going into the draft blind with 2 first rounders.

Do you ever post anything that has any basis in fact? 99% of the evaluation on prospects is done, and our board is basically set. We also happen to have two pretty well respected guys in Trent Baalke and Tom Gamble that will very likely be running the show on draft day. Knock off the sensationalist bulls**t and actually think about something for once.
[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Mar 20, 2010 at 8:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone