LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Alex Boone

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't like giving up on Davis either... not even looking at it like a give up. However, we NEED to keep our QBs alive long enough to build momentum. Once they have a better grasp on things, then we can afford some OL fails. Right now, we can not let OL fails keep our QBs pinned down.
Watching the game Boone didn't do any better when facing better competition. Guy blew right past him and his feet looks like they are stuck in mud. If Davis doesn't get his stuff together then the answer for RT isn't on this team. Davis just doesn't use his hands correctly. He needs to fire them out and engage the defender. Instead he lets the de get right up into him and at that point it's over. His lateral movement is also troubling. We need to question the o line coaching staff at this point. Folks hailed Solari but maybe Seattle fired him for good reason. I haven't seen any improvement in any of the o lineman except for Baas last year at center and he's gone.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Watching the game Boone didn't do any better when facing better competition. Guy blew right past him and his feet looks like they are stuck in mud.

Name that play.... was it just one?
This guy is the most talked about backup o lineman ever... does he play tackle or guard?
Watch Boone, the niners will be renewing his contract before next year because he will start this year and Davis will sit and learn. He has always been talented and now his head is screwed on straight.
screw starting for Davis i think he can knock off Staley on the left side........ever since Staley got that season ending injury a couple of years back he hasnt returned to his old form i see it like this if he struggles early the staff should really consider throwing Boone in there i mean so far ive heard hes been pretty consistant during pratices this summer.......i really dont trust Staley anymore at this point
Originally posted by PTulini:

Im sure he's a good guy, but talk about over-hyped....
  • mike
  • Veteran
Meh you don't just let staley sit, someone can knock him off the left side but he's not the weakest link on the line, not by a longshot. If you knock staley off the left you put him in a spot on the right. The right is weak right now, the left just had a slow start.
Originally posted by mike:
Meh you don't just let staley sit, someone can knock him off the left side but he's not the weakest link on the line, not by a longshot. If you knock staley off the left you put him in a spot on the right. The right is weak right now, the left just had a slow start.

Originally posted by Milkman:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
He was listed as bottom 5 ( I think he was # 3 ) on either Outsiders Stats or PFF... one of those stat sites.

I heard he has small hands

Originally posted by mike:

IMHO I thought that Staley played his best football when he was our RT

Buck--good point regarding what the organization is looking for: a young guy who works hard, is a good team guy and is getting better at a consistent rate. Boone was very good in college but was immature. Can't imagine the team cutting him unless they pick up a very good vet of waivers.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Aug 20, 2011 at 9:11 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Buck--good point regarding what the organization is looking for: a young guy who works hard, is a good team guy and is getting better at a consistent rate. Boone was very good in college but was immature. Can't imagine the team cutting him unless they pick up a very good vet of waivers.

Boone will make the team.
boone at LT staley at RT, Davis at RG DO ITT!!
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
boone at LT staley at RT, Davis at RG DO ITT!!

With Harbaugh saying that Staley has had the best camp of any lineman, I doubt Staley will be switching to RT anytime soon. Plus, he wasn't that great at RT anyway.
... Snyder said Alex Boone, expected to be a backup tackle, has seen time at guard in practice.
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/08/24/SPIE1KRGSJ.DTL#ixzz1W3ut4Ek6
Please let this mean Chilo is either getting traded or riding the bench. if we can't get anthony davis off the line, at least get chilo out.
Share 49ersWebzone