LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 178 users in the forums

Shaun Hill goodbye thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
say what u want to about hill he found ways to win i hope we keep him and cut carr hill has leadership qualities carr will never have
With Shaun Hill leaving this should make Alex play better, only if this were true.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Originally posted by 49erWill:

Nice trout!

Yes I Know!
Originally posted by adrenaline:
My favorite play of his was on MNF 2008 when he ran for the first down on 3rd and forever without his helmet and got it. We'll miss you!!

Then he signled fr the first down, that was awesome. Shaun Hill has always been a class-act on the 49ers, never complaining about his role or his lack of playing time given his winning record. He always did what was asked of him and has been a great locker-room presence. We'll miss ya Shaun
Now who is going to throw punts for special teams practice?

All kidding aside, Hill did what he could with what natural abilities he has. I hope he is able to land with another team.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
wut if we release nate davis instead

would niner talk explode?

inevitably
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
So now we will have cut the only 2 QBs that have a winning record since Young retired. That's smart. David Carr should be indicted for grand larceny. How he keeps getting work is beyond me. The best thing abuot his career was when he went in and got sacked like 15 times and that one guy said something about his eyes lighting up when he saw Carr come in because he's so easy to sack.
Originally posted by TX9R:
So now we will have cut the only 2 QBs that have a winning record since Young retired. That's smart. David Carr should be indicted for grand larceny. How he keeps getting work is beyond me. The best thing abuot his career was when he went in and got sacked like 15 times and that one guy said something about his eyes lighting up when he saw Carr come in because he's so easy to sack.

he is a backup, that is all, Alex is the starter, if Smith were to get hurt Carr would be able to come in and we wouldnt have to change our Offense

People are over-reacting big time over this Carr signing
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
If Alex Smith only had your heart

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0381/3987/shaun_hill_helmetless_first_dow_feature.jpg

lol, (this is all im going to say bout this) smith went out to play with a broken shoulder trying to do something to help all the while dealing with the pain. And people say shaun hill losing his helmet was gutsy.

Yeah Smith came in and played good enough to lose. I would rather have Hill than Smith as a back up. Smith will be gone next year, thank god and who knows what will happen after that. Nate Davis is the future for some team and getting Carr just keeps him sitting around on the sidelines.
LOL at people who think that Hill was actually a good starting QB, that we will get a mid round draft pick for him, or that he wont be the guy released. Hill's arm strength is simply too limited to be even a quality backup in the NFL.

Goodbye noodle.
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Mar 8, 2010 at 9:05 AM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
LOL at people who think that Hill was actually a good starting QB, that we will get a mid round draft pick for him, or that he wont be the guy released. Hill's arm strength is simply too limited to be even a quality backup in the NFL.

LOL, it was just a suggestion i was making for the 4th or 5th round pick, you dont know what you can get if you dont ask.

He is a decent qb if he can go to a team that runs the west coast offense.

he will more than likely be released but still doesnt hurt to see if you can get anything for him
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

LOL, it was just a suggestion i was making for the 4th or 5th round pick, you dont know what you can get if you dont ask.

He is a decent qb if he can go to a team that runs the west coast offense.

he will more than likely be released but still doesnt hurt to see if you can get anything for him

I agree it doesnt hurt to see what you can get. However, it would be pretty shocking if they got a pick for him. Other teams know the Niners are simply going to cut him and somehow I doubt there would be a bidding war for him. I hope the guy does land somewhere but I'm afraid this might be it for him.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

he is a backup, that is all, Alex is the starter, if Smith were to get hurt Carr would be able to come in and we wouldnt have to change our Offense

I wouldn't want that guy to back up my car, much less a football team. I don't want the stink he brings to your team. New York won the SB, Carr comes in and they drop off big time. Panthers went to AFCCG, Carr comes in and they drop off big time. The guy is a f**king curse.

I wouldn't want that guy to back up my car, much less a football team. I don't want the stink he brings to your team. New York won the SB, Carr comes in and they drop off big time. Panthers went to AFCCG, Carr comes in and they drop off big time. The guy is a f**king curse.

We don't have very far to drop. He'll be a reverse curse for the niners, lol
Share 49ersWebzone