There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

East Coast 49er Fans Unite!

• ZRF80
I live in Brooklyn..........lived in Central Jersey during the haydays of Niner lore.

To be honest, no one likes to discuss the 49ers here in my neck of the woods. Other teams fans actually pity us. They're well aware of our rich history and the classiness of the organization during the golden era. Therefore, they bear no ill will like they do towards teams like the Cowboys. They just feel bad that we have bad ownership that wont get us decent players...........heck, not even a decent stadium.
plus i got a big crew to come out & visit when we play the panthers!!!! ass kciking time!
diehard in nesconset,Long island.Had seaon tickets back in 2003.Went to all eight games that year what a grat time even though erickson was the coach.At least they were 6-2 that year should have been 7-1 except for that ass pochman.remebering that long flight home that night makes me thank god that we have nedney now.
New Jersey 49er fan here. Lived in the SF Bay area while serving in the Military and caught 49er fever during my stay. Remained in the bay area for five years after getting out of the service. Moved back to NJ in 95 to be by family.

I would love to hook up with other east coast Niner fans
Originally posted by sspiker:
Virginian 49er fan, since grade school. F the Redskins.

me too
  • Chief
  • Veteran
No idea we had so many locals from my neck of the woods, I live in Manhattan.

I run a few fantasy football leagues and if any of you want to join it would help make live drafts possible. They are pay leagues and the oldest league is on year 6, all keeper leagues.

Also, there is a 49er bar on 2nd ave and 13th street that waves a 49ers flag during the season if you ever need a place to chill and watch the games with Niner fans. Some cute Niner fans lurking here in NYC.
born in princeton, new jersey

live in san jose, ca for 15 years...caught the tail end of the montana era...got hooked...

moved back to jersey 5 years ago...we haven't had a winning season since...i think i should move back.
A LOT of Jersey....IO am lovin it...!! Like I said before Trenton NJ. Flew to San Fran and watched Pitt/SF. TO's last season. Ratty to Owens wasn't the same as Young to Owens, Young to Rice or Montana to Rice but oh well. I have seen the Niners play Carolina since moving in 05. Saw Dilfer get sacked about 30 times....doesn't get much worse than that. If you are from the East Coast and haven't been to Candlestick...I'm telling you, you need to go. Good Times. F the Eagles.
north jersey here, 20 mins from nyc and just a few mins from giant stadium. Been a 9er fan since i was in like 2nd grade.
Originally posted by Chief:
No idea we had so many locals from my neck of the woods, I live in Manhattan.

I run a few fantasy football leagues and if any of you want to join it would help make live drafts possible. They are pay leagues and the oldest league is on year 6, all keeper leagues.

Also, there is a 49er bar on 2nd ave and 13th street that waves a 49ers flag during the season if you ever need a place to chill and watch the games with Niner fans. Some cute Niner fans lurking here in NYC.

That sounds awesome there is a bar in NYC showing the 49er colors! Long time 49er fan here in NJ. I wish there was a fan club in the tri state for the Niners. we can hold court at that bar!
I lived in Elverta, California and my dad took me to a 49er game in 1966, while he was home on leave from Vietnam. I have been a fan ever since, even though we have lived in many differnet places in the US. I currently live in Pittston,Pennsylvania (10 miles south of Scranton)for the last 30 years. I will always be a 49er fan !!!!

Jeff49
We should hijack this thread and call it NJ 49erfans Unite!
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
From Trenton, NJ. niner fan since birth. Been to Spain, Switzerland, Amsterdam, married wife from Sweden, even been to f**kin Oregon, but aint been to San Fran yet.. Maybe one of these days.

Don't even start about where you have been bro. I am ex-navy and have seen more of the world than most. I did four world cruises and a med cruise when I was in the service.

Just kidding. As long as you are a 49erfan you are ok with me.
[ Edited by NJNiner on Mar 9, 2010 at 4:08 PM ]
I live in Miami. I went to my first 49er home game this season against Seattle. It was the home opener. I strongly suggest that all east coast fans try their hardest to go to the home opener in San Fran. I had so much fun I bought season tickets. I have to be the only person living in FL with season tickets to the Niners. If you can't make it to SF at least try the Atlanta or Carolina game this season. Make sure you get with webzone members and get in on a serious tailgate.

Go Niners
Fort Myers Florida here. Born in Santa Maria California - been a fan since I was about 5. Got to see them while on my honeymoon in 05' for the first and only time in Candlestick.

I see them any time they hit the Southeast US - seen them in the ATL (3 times), Tampa (2 times), Jaguars (2 times), and finally ready to see the Panthers this year.