There are 146 users in the forums

49ers Return to London 2013

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Garce
  • Veteran
fake and guey
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Hitman49:
I don't like it...atleast the NFL is making this a away game...last time it was a home game for the Niners and we had more travel miles then the Broncos.. ...The NFL should make East coast teams travel to Europe...or atleast two teams from the same time zone...When the NFL had its game in Mexico they didn't ask any eastcoast teams to play in that one...it was two NFC west teams...13 hour plane trip compared to a 6 hour trip...not fair....just like when we had to play a Thanksgiving day game...and it was the first time that a westcoast team had to travel to the eastcoast to play on a short week...keep getting the short end IMO

I believe that the rule is that every team in the NFL has to play two games in London - one home game and another away game.

So next year will be the last time the Niners play in Europe...I can live with that...
Isn't Dr. York head of the International Committee.
Europe isn't ready for Harbaugh!
Hopefully I get to go.
Happy for the UK and Euro Niner fans..

A question to the UK/Euro fans. has the Niners playing multiple games in Merry Ole England made them the most popular NFL team there ? or it it one NY/Boston teams ?
Originally posted by Hitman49:
So next year will be the last time the Niners play in Europe...I can live with that...

Nope. If they win the Super Bowl they qualify for the Champions League...
Will try to be there, like in 2010. The whole weekend was a lot of fun, meeting Maiocco, Barrows and Co, and seeing and talking to players (Alex, Taylor Mays) on the streets.
Go Niners !
Originally posted by Grinner:

A question to the UK/Euro fans. has the Niners playing multiple games in Merry Ole England made them the most popular NFL team there ? or it it one NY/Boston teams ?

The Niners are already one of the most popular teams in the UK. The Bears or the Dolphins are #1 I think (at least they were a few years back when I read a survey, we were #3 or 4 I think). Basically anyone who was exciting in the 80s when the NFL became popular on British TV has had a head start with getting fans here (I'm Exhibit A, I guess). Then it's affiliations connected with college and/or work years for those of us who have had a US period in their lives: New York has a big advantage there, but Boston. the Bay Area, Chicago, Pittsburgh etc all have good schools around them. That's how I got the Phillies bug myself (2 years in Philly in the 90s). Finally there are the recent bandwagon fans, mostly younger ones (like I was in the 80s); the Patriots have got most of those for obvious reasons.

Look at the teams the NFL have selected over the years:

NE (twice), SF (twice), Denver, Miami, NYG, Chicago all fall in these categories. JAX and TB twice is a bit of a headscratcher, and NO-SD in 2008 may have had some promotional angle about Katrina sympathy (this is the only one I missed, as I was actually in the US at the time)
Originally posted by Grinner:

Certainly hasn't done them any harm. NYG, Tampa, Bears, Pack and Dallas seem to be the biggest over here, with us. Did you see the support they got at Wembley? It was real home field advantage!

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

The FFS will come back to London !!!

GO NINERS !
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
this is fkn b******t! Why not make all teams go before making 1 team go twice?? Please tell me it's the game before a bye week.
Originally posted by ninerolog:
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

The FFS will come back to London !!!

GO NINERS !

THE GREY HOODIE ON THE RIGHT

WHERE DO I GET IT??
Originally posted by Gore_21:
In case anyone is interested our schedule for next year:

Home:
Falcons, Panthers, Texans, Colts, NFC North (same place in division as us)
Cards, Seahawks, Rams

Road:
Saints, Bucs, Jaguars (London), Titans, NFC East (same place in division as us)
Cards, Seahawks, Rams

Hey, how do you figure out the schedule?

I get...

{4} Rotate between the three other NFC divisions (Just look back to see the rotation)
{4} Rotate between the four AFC divisions (same)
{6} NFC West teams both home and away.
{2} The equal standing team of unplayed NFC divisions.

...But how do you figure home/away?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
this is fkn b******t! Why not make all teams go before making 1 team go twice?? Please tell me it's the game before a bye week.

are yuo kidding? this is almost a free home game i bet there will be more niner fans than jags fans
Share 49ersWebzone