There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do we want a new head coach? And if so, who?

Do we want a new head coach? And if so, who?

Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
While in hindsight, the 49ers probably needed a HC with experience rather than hiring Sing, I think firing him now would be detrimental to the team. We need to keep the same coaching staff for at least a couple years. Lets let this play out and see what happens.

If they don't make the playoffs again next year, then it might be time to consider another change.

Detrimental? Sticking with this crap for another two years would be detrimental. You do not compound the original mistake by sticking with it. There are better options out there.
With the same system and and full year in it, This O will come out on fire next year and Smith will be carving up D`s all day. It`s the D im a little worried about, We really need a pass rusher and some better safety play.... Dont forgot to grab atleast 1 OL pick in the first round.

New OL coach too pls...

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Dec 8, 2009 at 12:26:51 ]
You people that picked shannahan are funny... The guy has one superbowl, and had John Elway as his Quarterback for a good part of his tenure... give sing another year, unless we lose the next four!
Originally posted by posterX:
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
While in hindsight, the 49ers probably needed a HC with experience rather than hiring Sing, I think firing him now would be detrimental to the team. We need to keep the same coaching staff for at least a couple years. Lets let this play out and see what happens.

If they don't make the playoffs again next year, then it might be time to consider another change.

Detrimental? Sticking with this crap for another two years would be detrimental. You do not compound the original mistake by sticking with it. There are better options out there.

Not if you want to win next year. This team is very close with the current staff, and will most likely make the playoffs next year. You want to throw that away to start over?

Firing Sing would mean starting over again. It would probably only happen if Scott M. went as well. Whoever comes in is going to put in their own offensive and defensive systems, and replace a large portion of the players. They will want their own QB, which means we'll be searching for one again. It would mean another 2+ years of losing, so yes it would be detrimental.

Swapping out coaches isn't as simple as replacing players.

With a year more experience, Sing will make fewer mistakes next year. He's learning, and he will get better. This is his FIRST full season as a head coach. Just let it play out. It will be ok.

Bottom line is they are a better team next year with Sing than they would be if they made a change at HC (and the entire coaching staff with it).

What coach would want to come here if we fire Sing after his first season? They are going to go somewhere they are going to get a fair shake, and have time to build a winning team.

Firing Sing is just not realistic right now.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
You people that picked shannahan are funny... The guy has one superbowl, and had John Elway as his Quarterback for a good part of his tenure... give sing another year, unless we lose the next four!

Fail he has 2 Super Bowl wins. Back to back as a matter of fact.


....hey that rhymed.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by jed_york:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Jed,

I am fine with keeping Singletary as head coach; but both of you lied to me and said we would be in the playoffs! I am mad at myself for getting my hopes up yet again!

I shouldn't expect to have the sort of turn around that Mike Smith had with the Falcons, or Parcell's personell successes in Miami, or Jim Harbaugh's sucess in Baltimore. Rookie head coaches and GM's shouldn't have success so soon.

I will wait one more year, just don't expect me to kiss you with my eyes closed!

Fans, this ownership is fully committed and prepared to play deep into the playoff this season. The ownership has order Lisa Lang to make all necessary arrangements for the playoff run. This is one promise the ownership will not break, we will be playing in
Jan and Feb.

Sorry, but I don't believe you.

We don't believe you, you need more people-Jay Z
I like Singletary...but he's got a TON to learn about being a head coach. He's willing to be flexible...which is great, but man, he keeps geting out-coached every Sunday. No more excuses for being a rookie head coach...he's got 20 games under his belt now. The team needs continuity...but if I thought they could hire someone like Shanahan, I'd have to support it. Some may not like him for whatever reason, but he was very successful in Denver. Just think what an offensive-minded head coach like him could do w/Alex. He'd straighten out our OL and rebuild our RB corps...that's for sure. Our offense could be dynamic under his leadership...it really could.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
You people that picked shannahan are funny... The guy has one superbowl, and had John Elway as his Quarterback for a good part of his tenure... give sing another year, unless we lose the next four!

Fail he has 2 Super Bowl wins. Back to back as a matter of fact.


....hey that rhymed.

He has another one with us too as an OC '94
  • Mex49
  • Member
  • Posts: 2,979
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
Originally posted by posterX:
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
While in hindsight, the 49ers probably needed a HC with experience rather than hiring Sing, I think firing him now would be detrimental to the team. We need to keep the same coaching staff for at least a couple years. Lets let this play out and see what happens.

If they don't make the playoffs again next year, then it might be time to consider another change.

Detrimental? Sticking with this crap for another two years would be detrimental. You do not compound the original mistake by sticking with it. There are better options out there.

Not if you want to win next year. This team is very close with the current staff, and will most likely make the playoffs next year. You want to throw that away to start over?

Firing Sing would mean starting over again. It would probably only happen if Scott M. went as well. Whoever comes in is going to put in their own offensive and defensive systems, and replace a large portion of the players. They will want their own QB, which means we'll be searching for one again. It would mean another 2+ years of losing, so yes it would be detrimental.

Swapping out coaches isn't as simple as replacing players.

With a year more experience, Sing will make fewer mistakes next year. He's learning, and he will get better. This is his FIRST full season as a head coach. Just let it play out. It will be ok.

Bottom line is they are a better team next year with Sing than they would be if they made a change at HC (and the entire coaching staff with it).

What coach would want to come here if we fire Sing after his first season? They are going to go somewhere they are going to get a fair shake, and have time to build a winning team.

Firing Sing is just not realistic right now.

You are correct
I really wanted somebody's head on a platter
I definitely want one of the marquee coaches. Coaches who have won a Super Bowl. Gruden would be fine add. And if we don't draft 1-2 stud pass rushers already, it would be confirmation this organization is ret_ _ ded.

[ Edited by jogr49 on Dec 8, 2009 at 16:31:08 ]
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
With the same system and and full year in it, This O will come out on fire next year and Smith will be carving up D`s all day. It`s the D im a little worried about, We really need a pass rusher and some better safety play.... Dont forgot to grab atleast 1 OL pick in the first round.

New OL coach too pls...

+1
We are going to keep Sing, and I am fine with that. He should get another year. But if for some miracle we can get Shanhan or Holmgren, of course you do that.
Originally posted by DaNiners:
Let me just say this. Sing may be work out fine. That said, the reason the Niners needed Sing was because we did not have a legitimate threat at QB. We needed to win games the hard way. Those days are over. Smith is going to be very good for the next several years, so yes, the Niners could use a more offensive-minded coach.

One big problem...the coaches listed tend to like the West Coast offense. Does not mean they cannot adjust, but but does anyone here really want to risk tinkering with a good thing (Alex Smith right now). I don't. In my mind, Sing just bought himself another year based on the fact that he got Smith to become a real QB and was willing to change his offense to fit Alex. A lot of coaches will not do that.

Keep Sing and let this very talented team mature (including Sing). They are on there way. The future is finally, now.


Originally posted by 9erfreak:
Shanny or even T Dungy would be a great Offseason HC change IMO

Singletary just doesn't have it and has worse game management skills than Nowin (if thats possible)

rookie head coach... give him time.. we are so much better than we were with nolan if u cant see that then maybe u should cease to be a niner fan
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by jed_york:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Jed,

I am fine with keeping Singletary as head coach; but both of you lied to me and said we would be in the playoffs! I am mad at myself for getting my hopes up yet again!

I shouldn't expect to have the sort of turn around that Mike Smith had with the Falcons, or Parcell's personell successes in Miami, or Jim Harbaugh's sucess in Baltimore. Rookie head coaches and GM's shouldn't have success so soon.

I will wait one more year, just don't expect me to kiss you with my eyes closed!

Fans, this ownership is fully committed and prepared to play deep into the playoff this season. The ownership has order Lisa Lang to make all necessary arrangements for the playoff run. This is one promise the ownership will not break, we will be playing in
Jan and Feb.

Sorry, but I don't believe you.

We don't believe you, you need more people-Jay Z

Thi franchise shall play in Feb 2010. Mark it.