LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 125 users in the forums

Do we want a new head coach? And if so, who?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we want a new head coach? And if so, who?

I hate you all for giving me the desire to post on this topic and say what I came here to say.....This post is dumb

Thankfully the Niners still have the Brian "The American Bad A**" Jennings

Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by TDilvr:
Shanny = WCO = new system + complete start over = more rebuilding. How about this: Let's not change a damn thing for f**king once in the off season save for our draft picks and some key FA acquisitions to bolster our running back, tackle, secondary and pass rush deficiencies. We have some kick-ass TE's and I like Crabtree, Morgan and Hill as our WR future and I am definitely okay with Alex Smith as our starter at QB for the next while.

And let's not forget that Walsh was 2-14 in his first year, and 6-10 his second year.

Walsh and Singletary paths are as far opposite as they can be, so please don't use that comparison. It's nowhere near accurate.

Walsh was implementing a new scheme that would revolutionize football. Singletary is implementing a scheme that has been tried and true by MANY coaches before him. The same system he played with in Chicago.

One man struggled to innovate, the other is struggling to do the"same ol"......
I say give Singletary some more time.

None of the retreads listed in the poll interest me. The only HC potentially
that I would be interested in would be Jim Harbaugh from Stanford.
  • Steve
  • Info N/A
Singletary started out with his thumb on the offense. His way or no way. But, he has shown that he can make changes when necessary. I think he should have another season. We know what positions need to be improved. Time to use the draft and free agency to fix what we know needs to be fixed and see what happens. No more excuses for this team, Singletary, Raye, Alex. Have to have a successful season next year. At least 9-10 wins. If not, bring in a west coast coach and clean house. Time for this "next year" crap to end. As fans, we need and deserve better from this team. Ultimately, the fans pay these guys paychecks. If you had someone working for your business or in your home, you would expect better performance than this team is giving. We need every player on this team to give his very best performance on Monday night, if we hope to get a win. And, that is the name of the game-WIN.
The last thing this team needs is a rotating door at HC...Im fine with Singeltary at this point, he deserves time to right the ship.
You have to give a new coach at least 2 years. Bill Walsh went 2-14 during his rookie year.

I think we just need a new oline and receivers coach.

But the thing that worries me about Sing is his first draft.

Crabtree A
Coffee D
McKillop C
Nate Davis I
Bear Pascoe F
Curtis Taylor C
Ricky Jean D

= C as a total

But then again....his 2009 draft success will always be tied to the 2010 draft because of the 2nd 1st rounder so there's hope :)
If you want to replace a coach, replace the OL coach.
You guys want Nolan as your coach again?

How about Shanahan? Dude needed 15-20 years with one of the greatest qb's of the last century and didn't win anything until the said qb was about to retire. Later he just fell into his usual losing season self.

Holmgren is playing the Parcells card.''Uh I really don't want to coach, buuuuuut
I'll do a mediocre job if you throw in some caveman hookers.''

SINGLETARY WOKE UP MANNY LAWSON, WOKE UP VERNON DAVIS, AND WOKE UP ALEX SMITH.. THE MOTHER OF ALL POSTER BOYS FOR THE '' BUST PICK''
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
You have to give a new coach at least 2 years. Bill Walsh went 2-14 during his rookie year.

I think we just need a new oline and receivers coach.

But the thing that worries me about Sing is his first draft.

Crabtree A
Coffee D
McKillop C
Nate Davis I
Bear Pascoe F
Curtis Taylor C
Ricky Jean D

= C as a total

But then again....his 2009 draft success will always be tied to the 2010 draft because of the 2nd 1st rounder so there's hope :)

I dont know about grading rookies as it usually takes 2-3 years to really develop and assess their abilities...If the rookies are good there will be flashes of potential but usually inconsistency...See Crabtree drops

Bear Pascoe I agree as he's not even on the team, then again would he be better than Walker or Davis? Goes to show that competition is better on this team than in the past so lower draft picks are battling to make the team...

I like McKillop as he is a tackling maching when given the chance, but then again is he better than Spikes at this point? No, so a better team has greater competition at each position...

[ Edited by Ninerwinner on Dec 11, 2009 at 09:58:21 ]
Shanahan? Shanahan?!?!?!?!?!

You people are crazy.

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfreak:
Shanny or even T Dungy would be a great Offseason HC change IMO

Singletary just doesn't have it and has worse game management skills than Nowin (if thats possible)

I agree with u in regards to Singletary, however, NOT T. Dungy. He's not a coach, he had a great QB, his name is coach Manning. He called and still calls he's own plays
You guys need to back off Singletary. Like anyone here has the first clue on how to coach a professional football team let alone choose a candidate for one.

Shanahan? Jesus Christ. Denver was just good enough to lose for years when he was there.

Duh. Maybe that's why he got.................uh...............................FIRED.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
YESSSSS Shanahan..........as OC??
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by winner21:
This is basically Sing's rookie season...some fans are unreal! Give the guy time we are way better off than we've been in YEARS!

I have to agree. Have people forgotten that we were going nowhere with Nolan at the helm? Granted, Nolan might have been a better game manager than Singletary, but Sing's a rook, and during the off season, he'll have lots of time to reflect on what he could have done better during gametime situations.

Please name a player you could credit Nolan with developing? Not too many players have flourished with Nolan at the helm. Even though Sing has his flops as a gameday decision-maker, the progress is evident with the development of key players such as VD, Smith, and Crabtree.

Nolan wasn't a better game manager than anyone.
Sing and Norv Turner would be cool with me!
Share 49ersWebzone