LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 215 users in the forums

Do we want a new head coach? And if so, who?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we want a new head coach? And if so, who?

Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
Originally posted by 9erfreak:
Shanny or even T Dungy would be a great Offseason HC change IMO

Singletary just doesn't have it and has worse game management skills than Nowin (if thats possible)

rookie head coach... give him time.. we are so much better than we were with nolan if u cant see that then maybe u should cease to be a niner fan

We have no choice but to keep him for another year lets see what he does with it.
Originally posted by jed_york:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by jed_york:
Jed,

I am fine with keeping Singletary as head coach; but both of you lied to me and said we would be in the playoffs! I am mad at myself for getting my hopes up yet again!

I shouldn't expect to have the sort of turn around that Mike Smith had with the Falcons, or Parcell's personell successes in Miami, or Jim Harbaugh's sucess in Baltimore. Rookie head coaches and GM's shouldn't have success so soon.

I will wait one more year, just don't expect me to kiss you with my eyes closed!

Fans, this ownership is fully committed and prepared to play deep into the playoff this season. The ownership has order Lisa Lang to make all necessary arrangements for the playoff run. This is one promise the ownership will not break, we will be playing in
Jan and Feb.

Sorry, but I don't believe you.

We don't believe you, you need more people-Jay Z

Thi franchise shall play in Feb 2010. Mark it.

You're on a roll young Yorkie. You promised our season wouldn't end in December and without looking at the 09 schedule you were right. Thank god you're here now.
ME
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
You people that picked shannahan are funny... The guy has one superbowl, and had John Elway as his Quarterback for a good part of his tenure... give sing another year, unless we lose the next four!

Fail he has 2 Super Bowl wins. Back to back as a matter of fact.

....hey that rhymed.

He may have made a mistake in counting Shanahan's Super Bowls, but I think you missed the overall point. What did Shanahan do in his years without John Elway? He also clearly established he could not build a defense and that responsibility falls squarely on his shoulders given the power he had in Denver. I really like Shanahan and respect him, but hiring him will not get us over the hump.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
ME

Hmmmm, what's your offensive philosophy?
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
ME

Hmmmm, what's your offensive philosophy?

3 runs up the middle and punt
No.

/thread.
Yes, Kory Sheets
After taking time to cool down after our loss to Seattle, I agree with keeping Singletary as our head coach.

I just don't want to hear any more "promises".

Don't tell me, show me. Yeah, that counts for administration and coaches as well.

Continuity will be good for our Niners.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Gruden please.. no more Mr selfhelpmotivatorsing.

Gruden?

Let's look at his resume.

Got Chokeland to...well, choke their way out of the playoffs.

Went to Tampa and took over a team built by Tony Dungy. Won Super Bowl.

Ran the team built by Dungy into the ground after that, and failed miserably at retaining talent, creating a huge rift in the organization that led to a complete roster purge.

Uh, yeah...we should get him.

[ Edited by Legbreaker on Dec 10, 2009 at 21:40:44 ]

You know what would motivate the Niners to beat the Cardinals this Monday night?

Show them the video of Legbreaker at the Webzone tailgate opener two years ago where he described in vivid detail how the Niners were going to dominate Leinart!

Great stuff!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6RZTLsN9a4

Go to 1:40 "Matt Leinart is about to get owned like a little prison bi..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6RZTLsN9a4

Go to 1:40 "Matt Leinart is about to get owned like a little prison bi..."

Dude! I forgot all about that! God was I hammered...
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
Originally posted by 9erfreak:
Shanny or even T Dungy would be a great Offseason HC change IMO

Singletary just doesn't have it and has worse game management skills than Nowin (if thats possible)

rookie head coach... give him time.. we are so much better than we were with nolan if u cant see that then maybe u should cease to be a niner fan

We have no choice but to keep him for another year lets see what he does with it.

Gotta agree. But...this offseason, he needs to learn more about NFL offense. Too many mistakes of not thinking ahead like an offensive minded coach. When he was a player, he was the signal caller for one of the best defenses ever. Of course the plays were called by the seat of his pants, because it all depended on what the opponent was doing. Just like he is doing right now on the sidelines. He has to think about 15 plays ahead, not make things up as we go. Next year he has to do better, or we move on. I like him, and I want him to stay. But I also want to win. Again.
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Singletary should be and IS the head coach of this team. Dump Jimmy Raye and hire Holmgren as the new OC.

pipe dream.

Holmgren does not want to be an OC.
Share 49ersWebzone