LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

VD still has stone hands

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by rxrunner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's much better than he used to be. He's a heck of a player. One key drop today. Otherwise he played outstanding. If you could get these #'s out of him every week nobody anywhere could complain.

i agree with what you are saying, but even if played lights out, people would find something to complain about, i mean this is niner talk

I agree especially against VD. Niner talk seems critical of him all the time. The drop today I believe was his first of the season.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Byisgod:
lmfaooo where's Krizay at?

lol at you guys calling me out 1/8 out of every year. See you about week 5 next year!
Originally posted by krizay:

lol at you guys calling me out 1/8 out of every year. See you about week 5 next year!

Its all in good fun man, really.
No hard feelings.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
a whiff has nothing to do with stone hands
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Its all in good fun man, really.
No hard feelings.

oh I know! but someone will see you calling me out and try and justify........ Someone will start an argument/debate I refuse to participate in.
I really feel we have a Gonzalez like player in Davis, but damn even Gonzalez would have caught those dropped by VD. Gonzalez just racked up another 50 catch season, 13 straight seasons of it, NFL record.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Someone will start an argument/debate I refuse to participate in.

You mean like your argument that speed isn't important for a TE?

Love you, krizay!
He needs more opportunities. Lots of good receivers drop a pass here or there. But the difference is they get more opportunities to make up for it. Also with that, Troy needs to throw more, maybe he can get into a rhythm. He seems to only throw on 3rd down in most situations.
dumbest

thread

ever
VD drops passes every now and again but is easily the #2 TE in the league and a top 10 WR/TE playmaker in the NFL.

Originally posted by matt49er:
VD drops passes every now and again but is easily the #2 TE in the league and a top 10 WR/TE playmaker in the NFL.

It's a pity, really, that the catches that he DOES drop are the ones that are on critical downs or in critical situations--otherwise we wouldn't be so critical of his performance.
Originally posted by niners94:
He needs more opportunities. Lots of good receivers drop a pass here or there. But the difference is they get more opportunities to make up for it. Also with that, Troy needs to throw more, maybe he can get into a rhythm. He seems to only throw on 3rd down in most situations.
First drop by VD in a long long time
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
No, he doesn't.
Originally posted by mastahyee:
Originally posted by matt49er:

It's a pity, really, that the catches that he DOES drop are the ones that are on critical downs or in critical situations--otherwise we wouldn't be so critical of his performance.

His drop will not make a difference in the game. Our defense can't make a critical stop when needed. How about that play against the RAMS that was called back because of holding penalty? Give the guy a break!
Share 49ersWebzone