LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

VD still has stone hands

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ianna:
Vernon is one of the bright spot on the team. Some posters here are just haters, just unbelievable. You have to understand that those drops are something that we have to deal with. He is not the best TE in the league and needs to improve in other areas of his game to be one of the elite but to let him go or trade him is just insane. it's ridiculus.

If I'm not mistaken, he was a big part of that one TD drive (Smith to Morgan) against the Eagles. We convert a fourth down play 8 times this season and he is a big part of those. Also, don't blame the guy when the QB (when being pressured or blitz and VD is the hot read) will panic and threw the ball to the ground. Don't expect him to catch the ball when the ball was thrown to his feet. I've seen it so many times whether it's Shaun or Alex is under center. Some of you are truly unbelievable. No wonder Niners fans are called Whiners.

Vernon is valuable. My argument asserts that he should be traded only for a starter or a first rounder. I don't blame VD for throws at his feet but when he doesn't even turn his head for the ball when he is the hot read. Eight plays? The reason the Niners were forced to go to 4th down is that VD didn't get his job done on 3rd down. I'm not a Niners hater, having lived and died with them since Ken Williard and JD Crow. Your argument is mostly ad hominem. When you are done attacking the person his argument remains.
Vernon is one of the bright spot on the team. Some posters here are just haters, just unbelievable. You have to understand that those drops are something that we have to deal with. He is not the best TE in the league and needs to improve in other areas of his game to be one of the elite but to let him go or trade him is just insane. it's ridiculus.

If I'm not mistaken, he was a big part of that one TD drive (Smith to Morgan) against the Eagles. We convert a fourth down play 8 times this season and he is a big part of those. Also, don't blame the guy when the QB (when being pressured or blitz and VD is the hot read) will panic and threw the ball to the ground. Don't expect him to catch the ball when the ball was thrown to his feet. I've seen it so many times whether it's Shaun or Alex is under center. Some of you are truly unbelievable. No wonder Niners fans are called Whiners.

Hmm!! it is interesting those. I will remember about there.. I will watch him to play. wait and see.. Ur doin good job that show us the post this..
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Hmm!! it is interesting those. I will remember about there.. I will watch him to play. wait and see.. Ur doin good job that show us the post this..

wait...
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

Vernon is valuable. My argument asserts that he should be traded only for a starter or a first rounder. I don't blame VD for throws at his feet but when he doesn't even turn his head for the ball when he is the hot read. Eight plays? The reason the Niners were forced to go to 4th down is that VD didn't get his job done on 3rd down. I'm not a Niners hater, having lived and died with them since Ken Williard and JD Crow. Your argument is mostly ad hominem. When you are done attacking the person his argument remains.

that is right and true!

that is right and true!

So we forget about the good that he has done to help this team win so easily - and bash him, wow!!!!! i can't believe, i think some of you are not really 9er fans, just posers - yeah i said it,,
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

wait...

i read that 3 times, I don't think that was english

lol actually kind of funny
[ Edited by OregonDuckNiner on Dec 22, 2009 at 6:09 PM ]
Originally posted by mufasa76:

that is right and true!

So we forget about the good that he has done to help this team win so easily - and bash him, wow!!!!! i can't believe, i think some of you are not really 9er fans, just posers - yeah i said it,,

huh? u're so sarcasm me!
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Dec 22, 2009 at 6:21 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

wait...

i read that 3 times, I don't think that was english

lol actually kind of funny

Not even close to funny. Irritating and frustrating maybe. Definitely not funny.

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Broken_English
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:

Funny now post is this

Originally posted by susweel:
Yah he has made some plays this year but the stone hands has returned.

I thought we got him for his speed? lol i'd like to see an al davis move this season and maybe get some more of that!
Drops to many TDs, hell balls, ISNT a clutch TE like a Gonzalez or Gates or Clark. He needs to become this in in order to be great. stats dont mean s**t to me. Hes having a "prowbowl" year but yet we lose and are not in the playoffs.

get clutch VD and grown hands
Originally posted by boast:

Think about how good he could be if he actually had hands like Gates or even Jermichael Finley... I guess you cant have the ENTIRE package. Sh*t, Delaine has muchhh better hands than Vernon.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Dec 23, 2009 at 1:27 AM ]
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Think about how good he could be if he actually had hands like Gates or even Jermichael Finley... I guess you cant have the ENTIRE package. Sh*t, Delaine has muchhh better hands than Vernon.

now if we could only splice the two guys together....
Share 49ersWebzone