There are 155 users in the forums

Why can't we run the ball???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I just found out the problem, Gore is being impersonated by Kevan Barlow!!!! OH NOOOOO!!!!!!
Let's let the offensive changes that are happening right now just happen naturally, then start feeding the ball to Gore on passing down or boots, and Boom! There he goes like a Pinball. He STILL is definitely one of the most talented backs in the League.
[ Edited by 666SF666SF on Dec 2, 2009 at 7:54 PM ]
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I really don't understand why we cannot run the ball AT ALL.. I swear if Gore was not as talented he is, we'd be the worst run team in the league. Are the offensive linemen that incapable of run blocking?? Is it the scheme we use with run blocking??

The coaches have finally realized that there run first approach was not working at all... Maybe they need to take a look at the talent they have on the O-line and see what scheme best suits them to run the ball??? Just what would that scheme be exactly??

Hmm the OL sux , have you watched any of the games?

Thank you for your mind blowing analysis.....

Just keeping it simple for some of the simple minded fans here .........

If it's so simple why havent we figured it out??
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Because teams are loading up the box and forcing us to pass. My guess is that that strategy wont last much longer.

Nah, i believe if you have Gore back the right next to Alex in the Shotgun you can do what you want. Gore can run, pick up the blitz, receive. Kinda like what the Eagles did with Westbrook. But Gore is more of a runner the Westbrook so I think you have more to play with. There hasnt been one thing that we can say that Gore cant do. Winning should be first. No mater what it takes! Go Niners!!!
Originally posted by King49er:
The season is 3 quarters done and you still haven't figured that out yet?lol

Have you figured it out?? And our line just sux is a third grade answer Bring something intelligent to the conversation buddy..
Good discussion points...agree it's a combination of things. Arguably the biggest one is lack of an offensive identity. First, Singletary and Raye wanted to be a smashmouth running team. That didn't work, so slowly, ever so slowly the O evolved into what it is now. It seems the players we have, particularly Alex, perform better in a more spread offense. So, Gore will have to adjust to it. Also have to factor in OL injuries, little quality depth behind Gore, etc. The evolvement into more of a spread attack is why Coach sat down w/Gore and explained that he'll need to adjust to it. As we all seem to agree, more success in the passing game will loosen up defenses vs the run. BL: we have to be patient with it.
If you watch Gore, he is not accelerating as quickly as he used to. This is because he has been stuffed so many times, he has lost confidence in a hole opening. So this is a self-perpetuating problem, because without the acceleration, even with a hole, he will not have a good run.
About 5 games ago, on third and a couple, they pitched to Gore so he could run north south without going up the middle. It worked well and I have not seen it since!
Share 49ersWebzone