There are 286 users in the forums

Blame Singletary thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by WeNeedaNewQB:
Originally posted by ptw1:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Clutch players make clutch plays, Smith just doesnt make enough.

enough is enough. this has happened already in other games, where alex comes back late in the games and people think its a good thing. How the heck!!!! i totally agree with you. he has to do it all the time. he is inconsistent and only play good when he is not under pressure to win the game or the game is not on the line.

how is the game not still question when the 9ers have the ball, down less 2 td's w/8 mins to go? even brian billick mentioned the packers never went to a prevent d.

when we are down 2 or more tds he plays good, but when its crunch time and we are down by 7 points or less he freaks out. he panics, easily gets rattled and ends up either throwing and interception or giving up a sack. yea the o-line doesnt block great all the time but he gets a lot of chances to make plays and hit receiver and he doesnt. its an unfortuneate thing but true.

How about the Chicago Game

Despite Zoners to the Contrary, Alex is not responsible for the play of the Defense, which sucked Donkey Balls today, or the OL, which sucked Donkey Balls in the first half.

If you do not agree that the D sucked Donkey Balls or that OL sucked Donkey Balls in the First Half, well there is not much hope for you

Despite the D sucking Donkey Balls and OL sucking Donkey Balls in the first half, the 49ers went to a game plan (spread offense) that plays to THIS TEAM's strengths (VD, Crabs, Alex, Gore) and we made a GAME out of an OTHERWISE BLOWOUT.

If you can't see that, well then . . . .

That's a lot of donkey balls.
so is Josh McDaniels.

actually, singletary has a half season on mcdaniels.
[ Edited by niner_empire on Nov 22, 2009 at 2:14 PM ]
Originally posted by DonJulio:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by ptw1:

enough is enough. this has happened already in other games, where alex comes back late in the games and people think its a good thing. How the heck!!!! i totally agree with you. he has to do it all the time. he is inconsistent and only play good when he is not under pressure to win the game or the game is not on the line.

how is the game not still question when the 9ers have the ball, down less 2 td's w/8 mins to go? even brian billick mentioned the packers never went to a prevent d.

when we are down 2 or more tds he plays good, but when its crunch time and we are down by 7 points or less he freaks out. he panics, easily gets rattled and ends up either throwing and interception or giving up a sack. yea the o-line doesnt block great all the time but he gets a lot of chances to make plays and hit receiver and he doesnt. its an unfortuneate thing but true.

How about the Chicago Game

Despite Zoners to the Contrary, Alex is not responsible for the play of the Defense, which sucked Donkey Balls today, or the OL, which sucked Donkey Balls in the first half.

If you do not agree that the D sucked Donkey Balls or that OL sucked Donkey Balls in the First Half, well there is not much hope for you

Despite the D sucking Donkey Balls and OL sucking Donkey Balls in the first half, the 49ers went to a game plan (spread offense) that plays to THIS TEAM's strengths (VD, Crabs, Alex, Gore) and we made a GAME out of an OTHERWISE BLOWOUT.

If you can't see that, well then . . . .

That's a lot of donkey balls.

Have you seen a donkey
Originally posted by skibeerski:
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
at changing the offense and the philosiphy, and at the stregnths of Alex Smith and this offense, because Alex Smith is very productive out of this shotgun spread formation, he ran it in Utah and he's very comfortable in it."

Its SooOOo FRUSTRATING that even Billick, along with all of US see that the offense of philosiphy needs to change. Atleats right now, because we have no oline up front, Gore cant run behind a line that cant block and a defense that stacks the box with 8 men, although Gore is talented enough to bust one game in game out behind the s**tty oline. We've been succesful as a team, Smith, Davis, Crabtree, and scoring points out of the gun!!.. We almost made a comeback @ Hou with it, then we go away from it to start out games, and dig our selfs in a hole. I put the Hou, Indy, and now this GB game on Singletary and Raye for their inability to realize what we have, and not stick to it. Therefore we are 4-6, and very well could be 7-3..

Oh yeah, and you Smith bashers do NOT make sense. Its BS the things you guys say.. 3-7 5yds to start the half, not impressive numbers, but the play calls were designed to throw short, and GB was ALL OVER IT. Smith was good and has improved alot this season when we open it up down the field, and he proved that today making tight, accurate throws and again gave us a chance at the end of the game, but to late when ur coaching was atrocious and game plan and defense fail!!

I don't fault Smith entirely, I'd say it's equally distributed between Smith, Ray and the o-line. Ray or Sing's insistance or stubborness to stick with a conservative offense in the first half, the o-line's lack of push and pas protection and Smith's inability to make good decisions and make accurate passes other than to Davis up the middle are all issues. I don't care if we get an 0-line and a creative o-coord, I still don't think Alex Smith is the answer. We'd be settling for mediocrity and a limited ability QB (decent spread offense QB) if we stick with Alex. Just watch any number of top QB's and tell me you see some of what they have in Alex. I don't see it.

OK. So we all agree gore is the focus of any defense to stop first.So really would it be better for gore to run and slam into 8 guys every play or go to the spread and just check it down a short pass and give him more room to work? I know what makes sense to me... Walsh wouldn't keep running the same s**t over and over if it didn't work why is are coaching staff not figuring it out!
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Nov 22, 2009 at 2:17 PM ]
Originally posted by skibeerski:
at changing the offense and the philosiphy, and at the stregnths of Alex Smith and this offense, because Alex Smith is very productive out of this shotgun spread formation, he ran it in Utah and he's very comfortable in it."

Its SooOOo FRUSTRATING that even Billick, along with all of US see that the offense of philosiphy needs to change. Atleats right now, because we have no oline up front, Gore cant run behind a line that cant block and a defense that stacks the box with 8 men, although Gore is talented enough to bust one game in game out behind the s**tty oline. We've been succesful as a team, Smith, Davis, Crabtree, and scoring points out of the gun!!.. We almost made a comeback @ Hou with it, then we go away from it to start out games, and dig our selfs in a hole. I put the Hou, Indy, and now this GB game on Singletary and Raye for their inability to realize what we have, and not stick to it. Therefore we are 4-6, and very well could be 7-3..

Oh yeah, and you Smith bashers do NOT make sense. Its BS the things you guys say.. 3-7 5yds to start the half, not impressive numbers, but the play calls were designed to throw short, and GB was ALL OVER IT. Smith was good and has improved alot this season when we open it up down the field, and he proved that today making tight, accurate throws and again gave us a chance at the end of the game, but to late when ur coaching was atrocious and game plan and defense fail!!

I don't fault Smith entirely, I'd say it's equally distributed between Smith, Ray and the o-line. Ray or Sing's insistance or stubborness to stick with a conservative offense in the first half, the o-line's lack of push and pas protection and Smith's inability to make good decisions and make accurate passes other than to Davis up the middle are all issues. I don't care if we get an 0-line and a creative o-coord, I still don't think Alex Smith is the answer. We'd be settling for mediocrity and a limited ability QB (decent spread offense QB) if we stick with Alex. Just watch any number of top QB's and tell me you see some of what they have in Alex. I don't see it.

My God do you not watch the games!?

Smith hit 6 different receivers this game. MOST OF THEM IN ONE HALF.

He played no different than Rodgers once the offense was spread out.
Originally posted by fly15:

wtf?? are u not reading the thread? are u not watching the 49er games and following it on nfl.com?

Smith is ready to lead THIS team, and he is ready for the play calls to be called around him, our weapons, and our stregnths. Alex HAS been playing good, ESECIALLY when the game is on the line and under pressure.. But his first 10 pass attempts that are called the last 5 years are SOOO conservative, and give him no chance to succeed and show how effective he is.

Hey dude, i watched the game on Sunday Tckt--N who cares????
He's ready to lead this team?? NO HE'S NOT n never will!! when ur good your good, when u suck ur a BUST!!!!!
5 ydrs at the end of the half, thats impressive to u????

great another blind poster
Originally posted by DJD:
the niners are able to IMPOSE THEIR WILL on their opponent from the spread formation. You want to impose your will coach Sing, wake up n smell the coffee!!

nooooo don't smell the coffee! He sucks keep him on the bench!
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Coach Sing can't be blamed for missing tackles, protecting the QB, over thrown passes, missed passes....... The players have to execute........ Everyone is ticked that we lost, again, but blaming Coach Sing is not the answer........

He is when he can't identify when to make the adjustment that worked well in two games now.

Just to point out an obvious trend here.

In one combined game of Football(2 different halves) the team has score SIX times.

On remainer of the season, how many times has this team scored?

~Ceadder

Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I wonder how the game would have turned out if the Niners would have gone for it on 4th and Inches in the first quarter when they were driving into Green Bay's territory, instead of being ultra conservative and kicking the FG.

IMHO that was the EXACT moment he lost the team. And the EXACT moment when Capers breathed a huge sigh of relief knowing that he dodged a proverbial nuke.

Had em on the ropes in that one instant only to let em get back into the damn game. Hell we didn't even have to put up 7 there. We just needed to convert on that part of the drive. Both McCarthy and Capers would have been second guessing their entire game plan. Instead we gave em back the damn ball, the Defense held up and the Offense (thanks to no adjustment) couldn't even give their D some much needed rest. Then the injuries start piling up.

~Ceadder
The final score may save Singletary a bit but man this team came out so unprepared it is pathetic! This was a huge game and this team was not ready to play. It felt like Nolan was coaching the team all over again.

Singletary is either to stupid or/and stubborn, WE ARE NOT A POWER RUNNING TEAM! We can't just go to a bunch formation and run the ball. The only we way we move the ball is we when we go to a shotgun and spread formation. I blame Singletary and Raye.

Our defense let us down today as well, they couldn't make plays when they had to and failed to get any kind of pass rush against a Packers O-Line that has given up the most sacks in the NFL.

Alex Smith I was ready to give up on him once again but it's back to a week by week evaluation for him. Obviously he plays better when we go to a shotgun-spread formation and while our O-Line sucks, they do pass block better when we go shotgun and spread it out. Alex played pretty well in the 2nd half, the INT was a killer but I still maintain with a good offensive line and a better OC/Coach, we can win with Alex Smith. Im not saying he is an elite QB but he is not the (main) problem on this team.

Fact is we have better personal to run a spread formation than we do to have a power running team. Alex is obviously most comfortable in it and we have players (Crabtree and Vernon Davis) who can make plays.

My worse fear came true today, I've been kind of thinking it the last few weeks but today it was confirmed, Mike Singletary is not a good head coach. It's Mike Nolan all over again. We came out flat, unprepared and conservative and we fell to far behind. This is a major problem, because we could fix the O-Line in the off-season but were stuck with Singletary for another year or two. I just hope he has a major meltdown with the reporters and ends up resigning and I don't think that is totally impossible.

I really hope one of the reporters ask's Singletary why he keeps wasting away the extra days off. During the bye week we did basically nothing and with the extra 3 days off, Singletary gave the players AND coaches off and we did not get a head start. In fact you look at the two games where we had extra days to prepare for teams (Houston and Green Bay) and we came out totally unprepared and fell behind big. Not a sign of a good head coach. Yes I will admit I think Raye is not a good OC but I think it all starts with Singletary.

Sigh.

We will never do anything until we learn from our mistakes and stop all this, "Oh.. well.. we'll just try it for a half and seeeee. Then if it sucks horribly, we'll go to what we know works."

Bull freaking crap.

Do what you know works from the BEGINNING.
Coming out the way we did today and against Houston, cost us the season. Season is over now and if Singletary continues to stick with this conservative offense and trying to be a power running, he deserves to be fired. I don't care how many years he has left on his contract.
Originally posted by niner_empire:
so is Josh McDaniels.

actually, singletary has a half season on mcdaniels.

Denver's about to lose their 4th game in a row with better talent than we have.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Coach Sing can't be blamed for missing tackles, protecting the QB, over thrown passes, missed passes....... The players have to execute........ Everyone is ticked that we lost, again, but blaming Coach Sing is not the answer........

He is when he can't identify when to make the adjustment that worked well in two games now.

Just to point out an obvious trend here.

In one combined game of Football(2 different halves) the team has score SIX times.

On remainer of the season, how many times has this team scored?

~Ceadder

I'm lost. Are you giving up or are you making a statement?

~Ceadder
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
A lot of people on this board want him fired right now! I can almost guarantee if we let him go right now, he will be a great HC. He's never done this before. All his other coaching stints in the NFL he only had to focus on one thing, coaching line backers or whatever. This is a whole new beast he is trying to take on, and obviously us as fans have to go through the growing pains. I support Sing all the way and I know we will get back on track. Maybe not this year, but he will make us a great team. Come on, if Nolan was still the coach we would be 2-8 right now.

As for the people that want to go after an experienced HC like Shanahan, Holmgren etc., how do you think those coaches got so good? It didn't happen over night. Hell last season Shanahan's Broncos went 7-9. He is a great coach right? We all know what happened to Holmgren in Seattle. He was run out of town. Not because of his coaching skills, but because of the players they had.

We are so close to being a good team I can taste it. Just have faith in Sing. He will lose more games this year I assure you. These losses right now will only him in the future to become a better coach.

Those other coaches were coordinators...they understood playcalling ect. Sing doesn't do ANY playcalling, the relys too much on other people for his success. Great motivator but if he doesn't have the right people under him to run the O and D then he basically becomes exposed as mediocre. Unless he gets some good strong coordinators next offseason he needs to go.
Share 49ersWebzone