LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Blame Singletary thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
note to singletary its not 1986 anymore. the games has changed.
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
do u guys really think the niners would fire sing if we go like 6-10 or somthing like that? or give him a other chance we did pay him the money

i think even with a 6-10 record they give him one more year
How many starting players were hurt before and during this game?
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Alex thinks it's impossible to go full spread this late in the season btw. Just throwing it out there.

Where did you hear that? Anyway, just do what you did in the 2nd half. Only in the first. WTF
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Someone said it best when they said Singletary's philosophy is backwards. The niners need to get out there, open up the offense, score points and THEN start to rely on Gore and the Defense. Why is it taking him so long to realize it?

because he is a horrible coach
Originally posted by WeNeedaNewQB:
Originally posted by ptw1:
Originally posted by WeNeedaNewQB:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Clutch players make clutch plays, Smith just doesnt make enough.

enough is enough. this has happened already in other games, where alex comes back late in the games and people think its a good thing. How the heck!!!! i totally agree with you. he has to do it all the time. he is inconsistent and only play good when he is not under pressure to win the game or the game is not on the line.

how is the game not still question when the 9ers have the ball, down less 2 td's w/8 mins to go? even brian billick mentioned the packers never went to a prevent d.

when we are down 2 or more tds he plays good, but when its crunch time and we are down by 7 points or less he freaks out. he panics, easily gets rattled and ends up either throwing and interception or giving up a sack. yea the o-line doesnt block great all the time but he gets a lot of chances to make plays and hit receiver and he doesnt. its an unfortuneate thing but true.

It is when we are down by 2 or more TD does Raye seem to finally open up the offense (spread and shotgun) and have WRs run more than 10 yards. Basically calling plays that is playing to the strength of Alex Smith.
Mike Singletary = Barack Obama

Lofty Rhetoric
No Experience
No Substance

and this will really mess with your head

Mike Nolan = George W Bush

Only got job because of his dad
Stubborn
Dense
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
How many starting players were hurt before and during this game?

clements/spikes/staley pre game

baas/roman/franklin were starters who missed time in game

robinson also went down
i'm fine with another year but stop being so damn stubborn..look at our talent and make the change to where we have a productive offense
Originally posted by dmatt:
He brought in Raye. Also, whoever is responsible for us not building the o-line, McCloughan? should be gone too.

I don't think that BOTH need to be gone. I think that one or the other does. And I'm strongly leaning toward Scott being banished from Valhalla.

Because look at it like this, if the team had a better Line, WHOMEVER stepped under Center would have more time. More time let's them deliver the ball on target, gives up less sacks and less turnovers from the QB position.

This is straight up Scott's fault that Sing is in the position of having to use the spread formation in order to allow Alex to play better.

I know I'm upset with Sing, but that has to do with not making that adjustment in the 1st half, just as soon as the Packers D started pinning their ears back. Their D was playing solid for the most part.

And just what in the hell was Manusky doing on the Sideline?

Coordinators should keep their butts in the booth. There is no room for them to be on the Sideline with the players. I'm sick and tired of seeing a Coordinator affiliated with this team on the Sideline. What the hell are they going to see standing on the damn field that they would not have seen from the booth???

If we bring back an ex 9er Coach make it Holmgren and make him the GM. Don't bring back a 9er great into this mass disaster area and make him the HC. It's setting them up for failure.

~Ceadder

Anybody watch the Point After show? VD was on and he agrees that they need to use the spread offense in the beginning.
Originally posted by niner_empire:
Mike Singletary = Barack Obama

Lofty Rhetoric
No Experience
No Substance

and this will really mess with your head

Mike Nolan = George W Bush

Only got job because of his dad
Stubborn
Dense

Error: You are attempting to post again too soon - Please try again later
Return to the Board
Originally posted by Loco49er:
Anybody watch the Point After show? VD was on and he agrees that they need to use the spread offense in the beginning.

HAHA YES!!!

I hope that his big mouth pays off this time because he is EXACTLY right
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
at changing the offense and the philosiphy, and at the stregnths of Alex Smith and this offense, because Alex Smith is very productive out of this shotgun spread formation, he ran it in Utah and he's very comfortable in it."

Its SooOOo FRUSTRATING that even Billick, along with all of US see that the offense of philosiphy needs to change. Atleats right now, because we have no oline up front, Gore cant run behind a line that cant block and a defense that stacks the box with 8 men, although Gore is talented enough to bust one game in game out behind the s**tty oline. We've been succesful as a team, Smith, Davis, Crabtree, and scoring points out of the gun!!.. We almost made a comeback @ Hou with it, then we go away from it to start out games, and dig our selfs in a hole. I put the Hou, Indy, and now this GB game on Singletary and Raye for their inability to realize what we have, and not stick to it. Therefore we are 4-6, and very well could be 7-3..

Oh yeah, and you Smith bashers do NOT make sense. Its BS the things you guys say.. 3-7 5yds to start the half, not impressive numbers, but the play calls were designed to throw short, and GB was ALL OVER IT. Smith was good and has improved alot this season when we open it up down the field, and he proved that today making tight, accurate throws and again gave us a chance at the end of the game, but to late when ur coaching was atrocious and game plan and defense fail!!

I don't fault Smith entirely, I'd say it's equally distributed between Smith, Ray and the o-line. Ray or Sing's insistance or stubborness to stick with a conservative offense in the first half, the o-line's lack of push and pas protection and Smith's inability to make good decisions and make accurate passes other than to Davis up the middle are all issues. I don't care if we get an 0-line and a creative o-coord, I still don't think Alex Smith is the answer. We'd be settling for mediocrity and a limited ability QB (decent spread offense QB) if we stick with Alex. Just watch any number of top QB's and tell me you see some of what they have in Alex. I don't see it.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by Loco49er:

HAHA YES!!!

I hope that his big mouth pays off this time because he is EXACTLY right

the man speaks the truth
Share 49ersWebzone