LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

could our next game against the packers be alex smith coming out party?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by matt49er:
The problem with Smith is that everyone is judging him based on his past.
the guy went through 5 oc's 2 shoulder injuries that were mishandled by idiot nolan

he's healthy and learning a new system-AGAIN
he finally has playmakers at WR but he has to get used to them-AGAIN
his offensive line completely sucks-AGAIN
the good OL on the team are mostly injured-AGAIN
and this time the offense is changing it's identity under him from a power running team to a more spread out team.
the point is he needs to be given a fair chance for once. give him the season maybe even next I think with the playmakers we have in Davis/Gore/Crabtree Smith can get it done. he needs an offensive line and some consistency in the system badly.

Smith Apologist ALERT!!! Smith Apologist ALERT!!! Smith Apologist ALERT!!!

Man -- this one is GOOD. It should be cut out and FRAMED. I mean, it's really good. Basing Alex's poor play on the line, the wide receivers, his unfamiliarity with something called a FOOTBALL, this is one truly AWESOME Alex Smith apologist response.

That's right! Give Alex until next year! Better yet! Give him the year after next year! Or hey! Here's an orginal thought! Let's give him three years! Four years!!! Let's bring the best line talent in the league from the past FIFTY YEARS and let them block for Alex! And -- while you're at it -- let's give poor old Alex FIVE MORE YEARS!!!

He's got so much potential! He's just waiting to blossom! It doesn't matter if he's SUCKED NADS for his first five years of the league! It doesn't matter. Poor Alex just needs an apologist frame of mind -- and a pre-pop warner team to compete against!

I can see it now. Championship!!!

Did Alex bang your GF?

A wonderful response from an Alex Smith Apologist!! Bravo Sir I hope you're still around when the meltdown begins. I really do!

Smith apologists have a way of -- well -- crawling underneath a rock never to appear again. Or they get banned. They do something dumb. Like -- attack others.

See -- I have no reason to issue a personal attack! I have HISTORY on my side! And history says -- hold on -- let me check the right page.

Oh yes! Alex Smith SUCKS!!!

That's a personal attack? It's just a question bro, 'cuz it seems like your blood pressure is going higher and higher. I'm looking out for you. Take some Prozac and check to see if your GF isn't in bed with Alex right now.

Careful sir! I mean it. I really do! I just checked your pressure. It's at 20% It appears to be rising.

Prozac not needed. The Jack and Coke tis fine.

FYI: Prozac weakens the heart muscle. All chemical drugs do -- with the exception of the wonder drug: aspirin.

Listen. I know you love Alex Smith. You want to see him do well. God man -- don't you know I'm on your side? Don't you understand that when you cut my arm I bleed Niner colors as much as you? Don't you get that?

But -- I know something you don't. Alex isn't the answer. Never has been. Never will be. He is the absolute worst QB to don a Niner uni in my 46 years on God's Green Earth -- and I mean that.

He's not going to get any better. To paraphrase Denny Green: He is who we thought he was.

Man your over the top posts don't do much for your credibility, they make you sound ignorant and lacking in reasoning as well. Your statement about him being the worst QB ever to wear a Niner uniform is so ignorant, I wonder if you just do it for trolling purposes. I also wonder how you know he isn't going to get any better? Do you have a crystal ball that tells you the future, if so, please use it and let me get the lottery numbers for the powerball from you. From what I have seen so far, he has gotten better than the last time he was starting, he still needs to improve without a doubt, but he is far and away the best option we have right now. I do not get you guys that figure that a guy with the work ethic and intelligence Smith has will not improve with experience, I guess we will have to wait and see though. Smith is the starter until the end of the year at least, you guys that don't like that will just have to deal with it I guess.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Alex has no heart or any fire in him.

There's one QB in college who has those things, as well as skill, who should be available in the later rounds...

TIM TEBOW

Really? I'd like to see you play with an injured shoulder.

Dumb post of the day.

Alex is playing with an injured shoulder? Alex is soft.

Quit posting before you further embarrass yourself.

He was.

Quit posting before the veterans make you look like a jackass.

Exactly, he was.

He's healthy now, and he's had time to sit and learn. It's his 5th season, and he still plays like a rookie.

So if you murdered someone, but it happened 2 years ago, that means you're no longer a murderer because it isn't in the present. You have to be physically murdering someone at the moment to be a murderer. OK. Now I'm following your logic.

LOL this analogy is so horrible

So 2 years ago you were a cop, but now you're a restaurant manager. that definitely does not make you a cop, it makes you an ex-cop. YOU USED TO BE A COP, ALEX USED TO HAVE INJURED SHOULDER

He tried to play through the injury, meaning he showed that he does have heart. I doubt his heart and fire is suddenly going to disappear.

Just like some of us don't think that his heart or desire are going to win us any football games either.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
the guy went through 5 oc's 2 shoulder injuries that were mishandled by idiot nolan

and this time the offense is changing it's identity under him from a power running team to a more spread out team.
the point is he needs to be given a fair chance for once. give him the season maybe even next I think with the playmakers we have in Davis/Gore/Crabtree Smith can get it done. he needs an offensive line and some consistency in the system badly.

Man -- this one is GOOD. It should be cut out and FRAMED. I mean, it's really good. Basing Alex's poor play on the line, the wide receivers, his unfamiliarity with something called a FOOTBALL, this is one truly AWESOME Alex Smith apologist response.

That's right! Give Alex until next year! Better yet! Give him the year after next year! Or hey! Here's an orginal thought! Let's give him three years! Four years!!! Let's bring the best line talent in the league from the past FIFTY YEARS and let them block for Alex! And -- while you're at it -- let's give poor old Alex FIVE MORE YEARS!!!

He's got so much potential! He's just waiting to blossom! It doesn't matter if he's SUCKED NADS for his first five years of the league! It doesn't matter. Poor Alex just needs an apologist frame of mind -- and a pre-pop warner team to compete against!

Did Alex bang your GF?

A wonderful response from an Alex Smith Apologist!! Bravo Sir I hope you're still around when the meltdown begins. I really do!

Smith apologists have a way of -- well -- crawling underneath a rock never to appear again. Or they get banned. They do something dumb. Like -- attack others.

See -- I have no reason to issue a personal attack! I have HISTORY on my side! And history says -- hold on -- let me check the right page.

That's a personal attack? It's just a question bro, 'cuz it seems like your blood pressure is going higher and higher. I'm looking out for you. Take some Prozac and check to see if your GF isn't in bed with Alex right now.

Careful sir! I mean it. I really do! I just checked your pressure. It's at 20% It appears to be rising.

Prozac not needed. The Jack and Coke tis fine.

FYI: Prozac weakens the heart muscle. All chemical drugs do -- with the exception of the wonder drug: aspirin.

Listen. I know you love Alex Smith. You want to see him do well. God man -- don't you know I'm on your side? Don't you understand that when you cut my arm I bleed Niner colors as much as you? Don't you get that?

But -- I know something you don't. Alex isn't the answer. Never has been. Never will be. He is the absolute worst QB to don a Niner uni in my 46 years on God's Green Earth -- and I mean that.

He's not going to get any better. To paraphrase Denny Green: He is who we thought he was.

Man your over the top posts don't do much for your credibility, they make you sound ignorant and lacking in reasoning as well. Your statement about him being the worst QB ever to wear a Niner uniform is so ignorant, I wonder if you just do it for trolling purposes. I also wonder how you know he isn't going to get any better? Do you have a crystal ball that tells you the future, if so, please use it and let me get the lottery numbers for the powerball from you. From what I have seen so far, he has gotten better than the last time he was starting, he still needs to improve without a doubt, but he is far and away the best option we have right now. I do not get you guys that figure that a guy with the work ethic and intelligence Smith has will not improve with experience, I guess we will have to wait and see though. Smith is the starter until the end of the year at least, you guys that don't like that will just have to deal with it I guess.

s p a c e b a r p l e a s e : )
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Every week could be, but every week we're disappointed.

Is this the first time that we've had Rodgers vs. Alex?

Yeah, this'll be the first time both will be facing eachother's teams as starters in a regular season game.

Both teams will come with bad o-lines, steady weapons, and playoff-caliber defenses, but Frank Gore will be managing this game (teams with a RB over 100 yds a game have destroyed the Packers this season).

There you have it! Equal circumstances for each quarterback! We will see who is better in the big game!

Did Alex bang your GF?

If he is, he's probably not very good!

There's one QB in college who has those things, as well as skill, who should be available in the later rounds...

TIM TEBOW

Dumb post of the day.

How is he soft?
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
wow.....this cat is SO polarizing. Here's all I need from him & the 49ers in for the packers game:

1)Continued Improvement of his mechanics & football mental. In the 4 games this season...He shown his arm strength, improved pocket presence, better decisions with the ball & improvisation when the play breaks down. However...he hasn't show these in a consistency that will curb doubt of his abilities as OUR QB. Alex just needs to continue work & grow.

2)Solid O-Line play - It's starts with the QB but it doesn't end there. The O-line has got to buy the QB 3-5 sec consistency for him to make a decision. Plus open up holes for Frank Gore. They do these things...offense as a whole will move chains.

3)Our young/rookie WRs...Josh Morgan & Michael Crabtree. Get more work in with Alex Smith. As much as I hold (Josh Morgan) responsible for Alex Smith's turnovers (as much as Alex) in that Titans game. I take a step back & look at why that happened....we have to remember that Josh Morgan timing has been worked out with Shaun Hill....stemming from 2008. So get our timing worked out - continue working. As for Crabtree....he's a rookie so mistakes will happen. Plus he wasn't a training camp at all & his work with Alex has shown promise

I look at Jason Hill...He & Alex have their timing down & it showed in that Titans' game. If Alex gets that chemistry Morgan & Crabtree as well....It would be beautiful

4)Jimmy Raye & play-calling....He & Sing envisioned a Smash-mouth, Power running team with Frank Gore....Our talent however doesn't fit that. He has to develop gameplans that will FULLY utilizes our players skills. I understand that Jimmy now has Alex Smith at QB & not Shaun Hill & that Jimmy is now only working with Smith for 4 games. Learning what Alex brings to are team. However going conservative & calling the same plays won't score points. If your trying to "protect" Alex then DON'T you do a disservice to Alex & us.

5)Plain & simple...No Missed tackles/assignments. Chris Johnson burned us for 2TDs. Pressure their QB...Yes Jay Cutler got picked off like a million times on Thursday...but he also got 300+ yards.

FINAL, ABOVE ALL ELSE....NO MORE MENTAL MISTAKES....
Alex Smith is not our long term answer. Heck, he may not be our short term answer. Shaun Hill probably could have won our last TWO games. ANd we'd be 5-4.

If Alex stinks it up the rest of the season, I don't want to hear another Alexcuse again. No more, "give him one more year, he didn't get to start, give him a full season, give him a better Oline, give him better recievers. blah blah blah"

I want the 49ers to win. bottom line.
Ryan leaf had a lot of fire and emotion too, but....we all know how that turned out.

bradford or mckoy

it's gotta be one of the two

TIM TEBOW

Dumb post of the day.

He was.

Exactly, he was.

He's healthy now, and he's had time to sit and learn. It's his 5th season, and he still plays like a rookie.

So if you murdered someone, but it happened 2 years ago, that means you're no longer a murderer because it isn't in the present. You have to be physically murdering someone at the moment to be a murderer. OK. Now I'm following your logic.

Are you dense?

He sucked THEN, and he sucks NOW. What exactly are you seeing that makes you think he's suddenly playing well?

Look, Dingleberry. You said that he had no HEART. We aren't talking about how well he PLAYS.

I'm saying that he does have heart. If you don't agree, fine, but stop changing the subject because you're wasting everyone's time. We want to see an NFL game between the 49ers and Packers, not a bunch of stupid jokes about Alex Smith.

He doesn't have heart, or passion.

I'd love to see him get pissed off and yell at the O Line, talk trash to the other team, do SOMETHING...but he doesn't.

He has a bad game, throws multiple interceptions, has an opportunity to bounce back the next week, and he just folds again.

That's what you'd love to see, but not the players and coaches. That's a sign of immaturity. He's a professional. He doesn't have to throw a temper tantrum just to let the fans know that he's upset.

I never saw Joe Montana lose his cool. We should've cut him.

Joe didn't have to lose his cool, because he was actually good.

And the coaches wouldn't see it as immaturity, they'd see it as passionate. He needs to be a leader; you praise your players when they do good, but you also let them know when they f**k up. He does neither of those things.

Quit using circular logic dude.

Your original post wasn't about how good he was as a quarterbck you were saying he has no heart. Now you're talking about how he's not good again.

Stop changing the subject.

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

TIM TEBOW

Dumb post of the day.

He was.

Exactly, he was.

Are you dense?

He sucked THEN, and he sucks NOW. What exactly are you seeing that makes you think he's suddenly playing well?

Look, Dingleberry. You said that he had no HEART. We aren't talking about how well he PLAYS.

I'm saying that he does have heart. If you don't agree, fine, but stop changing the subject because you're wasting everyone's time. We want to see an NFL game between the 49ers and Packers, not a bunch of stupid jokes about Alex Smith.

I'd love to see him get pissed off and yell at the O Line, talk trash to the other team, do SOMETHING...but he doesn't.

He has a bad game, throws multiple interceptions, has an opportunity to bounce back the next week, and he just folds again.

That's what you'd love to see, but not the players and coaches. That's a sign of immaturity. He's a professional. He doesn't have to throw a temper tantrum just to let the fans know that he's upset.

I never saw Joe Montana lose his cool. We should've cut him.

Joe didn't have to lose his cool, because he was actually good.

And the coaches wouldn't see it as immaturity, they'd see it as passionate. He needs to be a leader; you praise your players when they do good, but you also let them know when they f**k up. He does neither of those things.

Quit using circular logic dude.

Your original post wasn't about how good he was as a quarterbck you were saying he has no heart. Now you're talking about how he's not good again.

Stop changing the subject.

[ Edited by B650 on Nov 14, 2009 at 15:03:45 ]
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Ryan leaf had a lot of fire and emotion too, but....we all know how that turned out.

bradford or mckoy

it's gotta be one of the two

I remember when everyone complained
about Smith not having fire.
I'm just tired of the damn excuses enough is enough put up or shut up smith.
LOL every week there is an "Alex is going to have a breakout game" thread. I think he will do the usual. 220 yards, 2 picks. 1 TD.

TIM TEBOW

Dumb post of the day.

He was.

Exactly, he was.

Are you dense?

So you want Jay Cutler then? Go be a Bears fan? Maybe a Chargers fan. Ive never seen Big Ben or Eli go yell at everyone yet they have superbowls. Point is your crying over something worthless. If he didn't have heart or passion he wouldn't have stayed here and took a paycut Dingleberry
Share 49ersWebzone