LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 336 users in the forums

could our next game against the packers be alex smith coming out party?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
No it won't be.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by matt49er:
The problem with Smith is that everyone is judging him based on his past.
the guy went through 5 oc's 2 shoulder injuries that were mishandled by idiot nolan

he's healthy and learning a new system-AGAIN
he finally has playmakers at WR but he has to get used to them-AGAIN
his offensive line completely sucks-AGAIN
the good OL on the team are mostly injured-AGAIN
and this time the offense is changing it's identity under him from a power running team to a more spread out team.
the point is he needs to be given a fair chance for once. give him the season maybe even next I think with the playmakers we have in Davis/Gore/Crabtree Smith can get it done. he needs an offensive line and some consistency in the system badly.

Smith Apologist ALERT!!! Smith Apologist ALERT!!! Smith Apologist ALERT!!!

Man -- this one is GOOD. It should be cut out and FRAMED. I mean, it's really good. Basing Alex's poor play on the line, the wide receivers, his unfamiliarity with something called a FOOTBALL, this is one truly AWESOME Alex Smith apologist response.

That's right! Give Alex until next year! Better yet! Give him the year after next year! Or hey! Here's an orginal thought! Let's give him three years! Four years!!! Let's bring the best line talent in the league from the past FIFTY YEARS and let them block for Alex! And -- while you're at it -- let's give poor old Alex FIVE MORE YEARS!!!

He's got so much potential! He's just waiting to blossom! It doesn't matter if he's SUCKED NADS for his first five years of the league! It doesn't matter. Poor Alex just needs an apologist frame of mind -- and a pre-pop warner team to compete against!

I can see it now. Championship!!!

Consistency. Familiarity. Health. Confidence.

These are words that you continually fail to understand.

People who get paid millions of $$ to make these decisions disagree with you. Deal with it.
Originally posted by B650:
the guy went through 5 oc's 2 shoulder injuries that were mishandled by idiot nolan

and this time the offense is changing it's identity under him from a power running team to a more spread out team.
the point is he needs to be given a fair chance for once. give him the season maybe even next I think with the playmakers we have in Davis/Gore/Crabtree Smith can get it done. he needs an offensive line and some consistency in the system badly.

Man -- this one is GOOD. It should be cut out and FRAMED. I mean, it's really good. Basing Alex's poor play on the line, the wide receivers, his unfamiliarity with something called a FOOTBALL, this is one truly AWESOME Alex Smith apologist response.

That's right! Give Alex until next year! Better yet! Give him the year after next year! Or hey! Here's an orginal thought! Let's give him three years! Four years!!! Let's bring the best line talent in the league from the past FIFTY YEARS and let them block for Alex! And -- while you're at it -- let's give poor old Alex FIVE MORE YEARS!!!

He's got so much potential! He's just waiting to blossom! It doesn't matter if he's SUCKED NADS for his first five years of the league! It doesn't matter. Poor Alex just needs an apologist frame of mind -- and a pre-pop warner team to compete against!

Did Alex bang your GF?

A wonderful response from an Alex Smith Apologist!! Bravo Sir I hope you're still around when the meltdown begins. I really do!

Smith apologists have a way of -- well -- crawling underneath a rock never to appear again. Or they get banned. They do something dumb. Like -- attack others.

See -- I have no reason to issue a personal attack! I have HISTORY on my side! And history says -- hold on -- let me check the right page.

Oh yes! Alex Smith SUCKS!!!

No one should judge him based upon his past, but it is ok to excuse a lot of things because of his past? Do you see how much of a contradiction your post is? You can't have it both ways. If we are to really judge him without any of the past baggage, then you need to drop all those excuses from the past from the dialog.

So as you say, forget about the past. If Smith was a walk on that nobody heard of, fans would seriously be questioning what the team is going to do about the QB position after watching the last three games. They wouldn't be getting into nebulous discussions about potential & development. They would be saying, "ok. next?"
  • B650
  • Veteran

Did Alex bang your GF?

A wonderful response from an Alex Smith Apologist!! Bravo Sir I hope you're still around when the meltdown begins. I really do!

Smith apologists have a way of -- well -- crawling underneath a rock never to appear again. Or they get banned. They do something dumb. Like -- attack others.

See -- I have no reason to issue a personal attack! I have HISTORY on my side! And history says -- hold on -- let me check the right page.

That's a personal attack? It's just a question bro, 'cuz it seems like your blood pressure is going higher and higher. I'm looking out for you. Take some Prozac and check to see if your GF isn't in bed with Alex right now.
Originally posted by djfullshred:

No one should judge him based upon his past, but it is ok to excuse a lot of things because of his past? Do you see how much of a contradiction your post is? You can't have it both ways. If we are to really judge him without any of the past baggage, then you need to drop all those excuses from the past from the dialog.

So as you say, forget about the past. If Smith was a walk on that nobody heard of, fans would seriously be questioning what the team is going to do about the QB position after watching the last three games. They wouldn't be getting into nebulous discussions about potential & development. They would be saying, "ok. next?"

It's a good thing that fans don't run the team then. Talk about a revolving door.

Did Alex bang your GF?

That's a personal attack? It's just a question bro, 'cuz it seems like your blood pressure is going higher and higher. I'm looking out for you. Take some Prozac and check to see if your GF isn't in bed with Alex right now.

Careful sir! I mean it. I really do! I just checked your pressure. It's at 20% It appears to be rising.

Prozac not needed. The Jack and Coke tis fine.

FYI: Prozac weakens the heart muscle. All chemical drugs do -- with the exception of the wonder drug: aspirin.

Listen. I know you love Alex Smith. You want to see him do well. God man -- don't you know I'm on your side? Don't you understand that when you cut my arm I bleed Niner colors as much as you? Don't you get that?

But -- I know something you don't. Alex isn't the answer. Never has been. Never will be. He is the absolute worst QB to don a Niner uni in my 46 years on God's Green Earth -- and I mean that.

He's not going to get any better. To paraphrase Denny Green: He is who we thought he was.
  • B650
  • Veteran

Did Alex bang your GF?

Careful sir! I mean it. I really do! I just checked your pressure. It's at 20% It appears to be rising.

FYI: Prozac weakens the heart muscle. All chemical drugs do -- with the exception of the wonder drug: aspirin.

Listen. I know you love Alex Smith. You want to see him do well. God man -- don't you know I'm on your side? Don't you understand that when you cut my arm I bleed Niner colors as much as you? Don't you get that?

But -- I know something you don't. Alex isn't the answer. Never has been. Never will be. He is the absolute worst QB to don a Niner uni in my 46 years on God's Green Earth -- and I mean that.

He's not going to get any better. To paraphrase Denny Green: He is who we thought he was.

Actually, I don't love Alex Smith. I love the fact that he's playing though so we can find out once and for all if he can be a legit QB one day in this league. Right now, it's still 50-50. I'm not saying he's the next Montana. I'm not even saying he's the next Cutler. All I'm saying is he's the best we got, he's been injured, and he deserves to start the remainder of the season so we can find out what we need to do at QB.

I'm not one of those fans who just backs one player and blindly follows him no matter what. If Shaun Hill was successful and I saw potential in him, I'd root for him. If Alex Smith is successful, I'll root for him. If they both end up sucking and we cut both of them in the offseason, fine. I'll root for Nate Davis.

The only difference between you and I is that I have more patience than you. I understand that NO QB in this league can be successful under these conditions. Regardless, in the end, you have to just do your best and show glimpses of greatness, like Aaron Rodgers, who isn't in an ideal situation. I'm giving Alex 7 more games. If he falters yet again, I will agree that we definitely need a new QB. We can't wait forever. Next season he'll be 26.

Just cool it with the Alex Apologist stuff. That isn't me. I'm sorry, but your posts don't really have anything to them. They're just a bunch of comments like "Smith sucks!!!!" We already have a million of those. Do we really have to read that 100 times a day? Fine, he sucks. So does Hill. What can we do? We can keep whining until we get carpal tunnel, or we can actually just sit back and root for whoever is behind center.

One more thing: you say he's the worst you've ever seen. That leads to another set of questions. What the hell have you been doing the last 10 years? Did you not see Rattay play? Dorsey? Pickett? Stenstrom?

You think Druckenmiller was better? Carmazzi? I've seen it all man. I know Smith isn't great, and there's a good chance he won't be, but he's the best we've had since Jeff Garcia. Give him time and he's a good QB. That's just my opinion. You could blast me for it, but just don't call me an Alex Apologist. I just call it like I see it.

[ Edited by B650 on Nov 14, 2009 at 00:06:11 ]
Originally posted by fly15:
im not an a smith hater, but the guy sucks!!! he had his opportunities and failed. We need N. DAVIS to come in and demostrate what he can do. Look at Hotdog Sanchez, jets didnt wait for him to develop, at least we'll find out whether he can help the team or not. if not lets start thinking about the draft.

This would be a horrible choice, he is a 5th round pick, how many 5th round picks come in, start in a rookie season and succeed? Bearing in mind he would be playing behind a terrible Oline. People who know a lot more about football than you or I, and are paid large amounts of money to make decisions about players and they passed on him.... repeatedly!

Before anyone says anything I do not hate Davis, I saw him in the preseason and yeah he looked good, but that was the preseason against practice squad players! Give him at least a year to sit and learn before we throw him into a regular season game!

Did Alex bang your GF?

Actually, I don't love Alex Smith. I love the fact that he's playing though so we can find out once and for all if he can be a legit QB one day in this league. Right now, it's still 50-50. I'm not saying he's the next Montana. I'm not even saying he's the next Cutler. All I'm saying is he's the best we got, he's been injured, and he deserves to start the remainder of the season so we can find out what we need to do at QB.

I'm not one of those fans who just backs one player and blindly follows him no matter what. If Shaun Hill was successful and I saw potential in him, I'd root for him. If Alex Smith is successful, I'll root for him. If they both end up sucking and we cut both of them in the offseason, fine. I'll root for Nate Davis.

The only difference between you and I is that I have more patience than you. I understand that NO QB in this league can be successful under these conditions. Regardless, in the end, you have to just do your best and show glimpses of greatness, like Aaron Rodgers, who isn't in an ideal situation. I'm giving Alex 7 more games. If he falters yet again, I will agree that we definitely need a new QB. We can't wait forever. Next season he'll be 26.

Just cool it with the Alex Apologist stuff. That isn't me. I'm sorry, but your posts don't really have anything to them. They're just a bunch of comments like "Smith sucks!!!!" We already have a million of those. Do we really have to read that 100 times a day? Fine, he sucks. So does Hill. What can we do? We can keep whining until we get carpal tunnel, or we can actually just sit back and root for whoever is behind center.

One more thing: you say he's the worst you've ever seen. That leads to another set of questions. What the hell have you been doing the last 10 years? Did you not see Rattay play? Dorsey? Pickett? Stenstrom?

You think Druckenmiller was better? Carmazzi? I've seen it all man. I know Smith isn't great, and there's a good chance he won't be, but he's the best we've had since Jeff Garcia. Give him time and he's a good QB. That's just my opinion. You could blast me for it, but just don't call me an Alex Apologist. I just call it like I see it.

^^^^ Great post

We need to see once and for all what kind of QB Alex can be!

Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Alex has no heart or any fire in him.

There's one QB in college who has those things, as well as skill, who should be available in the later rounds...

TIM TEBOW

Really? I'd like to see you play with an injured shoulder.

Dumb post of the day.

Alex is playing with an injured shoulder? Alex is soft.

Quit posting before you further embarrass yourself.

Hey Huckleberry,

Your posts are pathetic. Do us all a favor and go be a Raider fan, they need you.
I hope Alex has a good game. We need it to win this game.
  • Steve
  • Info N/A
First, I want wins. Smith never had it and never will. Just won't get any better. What you see is what you get. Compare games played and percentage won. While Hill isn't the future, he has a better win percentage and Smith is wasting everyones time. How in the hell can the defense get five turnovers, four of which should have ended in points. Only one did and that was because of a great return and a good run by Gore. Alex didn't do crap, as usual. If Alex finishes the season as QB, we will be lucky to get two more wins.

There's one QB in college who has those things, as well as skill, who should be available in the later rounds...

that is just too funny man...too funny.

TIM TEBOW

Really? I'd like to see you play with an injured shoulder.

Dumb post of the day.

Alex is playing with an injured shoulder? Alex is soft.

Quit posting before you further embarrass yourself.

He was.

Quit posting before the veterans make you look like a jackass.

Exactly, he was.

He's healthy now, and he's had time to sit and learn. It's his 5th season, and he still plays like a rookie.

So if you murdered someone, but it happened 2 years ago, that means you're no longer a murderer because it isn't in the present. You have to be physically murdering someone at the moment to be a murderer. OK. Now I'm following your logic.

Are you dense?

He sucked THEN, and he sucks NOW. What exactly are you seeing that makes you think he's suddenly playing well?

hes playing much better now considering the playcalling and our best OL is out and both our OG and our RT cant stop any1
Share 49ersWebzone