There are 196 users in the forums

Dont blame Alex Smith...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by 4JusticeNow:
Put Shaun Hill back in. Can't get any worst!

Then what's the point? It seems like people just want to see Hill in there for the hell of it, like it's just a personal preference. Is it a man-crush on Hill? I'm baffled as to why anyone in their right mind would rather start an old QB with no arm who's offense was getting worse and worse. He had his chance. He failed. He came out after the bye week and lost us the game against the Texans, and this is after his debacle of a game against the Falcons.

Maybe he should've spent time with Crabtree instead of fishing. Regardless, no matter who our QB is, it's safe to say that their play won't be that great as long as this OL continues to play horribly.

Instead of acting like little kids and fighting about Smith vs. Hill, how about we just focus our attention on improving and fixing the OL?

I agree with the line issues; but, Have you watched Alex's QB rate drop from 74 to 69 and to 63 today? Talk about watching things get worse and worse...
by the end of the day....its the W that matters most!
Raye sold out after the INT and Crabtree and the rest of the WRs need to get more aggressive when the ball is in the air...is that coaching (Sullivan)?...or are they shy to physical contact? Until the OL is fixed and Scot owns up to the fact that OL talent are not a "dime a dozen", the 49er offense, Raye, Alex, Sing and us fans will suffer in mediocrity.
Can't believe Alex Smith threw such a horrible pass to Michael Crabtree on 2nd and 7 in the red-zone. Horrid throw. Right to the chest, probably too fast of a pass to catch for Crabs. Hill would have gotten that in there in record slow time for Crab's to make the catch.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Man even in a win we have to find a way to berate one of our players. Tune into KNBR right now...Damon Bruce and everyone who calls..."DOOD BENCH ALECKS!!!" lol this is hilarious.

Because this was what was being said about Hill. His limitations were being pointed out in these types of wins. Man, imagine if Hill barely broke 100 yards in a game where we got 5 INTs. People would be wanting the deep ball and Alex Smith. Too bad Alex under threw the deep ball.

Yeah but I doubt you'd hear/see this vitriol that you see with Smith. I mean seriously man...turn on KNBR...you would think we lost the game.

I agree, Smith underthrew the ball. Thats why you gotta go deep MORE OFTEN. Thats not just for Smith but for any QB we have. We have to allow our QBs to get into rhythm. This just doesnt happen because our play calling and philosophy changes every single game. Sometimes it feels like every series in every game we try to do something different.
Originally posted by Method:
Can't believe Alex Smith threw such a horrible pass to Michael Crabtree on 2nd and 7 in the red-zone. Horrid throw. Right to the chest, probably too fast of a pass to catch for Crabs. Hill would have gotten that in there in record slow time for Crab's to make the catch.

Nice to see you supporting Hill now a days
That dep throw was not Alex's fault, Crabtree was turned the wrong way, and then slipped.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
What are we blaming him for? A WIN?

I agree with ya Diego but I bet most people on this thread are like me. Grew up watching Mike Holmgren & Shannahan score as many points as time allows. Watching this offense if like pulling finger nails. 5 Ints and we can only churn 10 points? 1st & goal at the 5 yard line and leave with 3 points just makes me sick
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Am I the only one who thought it was under thrown?

EVEN IF IT WAS UNDER THROWN IT DOESNT MATTER!!!! ITS MAN COVERAGE...

have you ever watched calvin johnson? nearly all his deep balls are under thrown.. its up to the receiver to make an adjustment and put himself in position to make a catch and alex had faith in our soon to be star... crabtree stumble when he was going for it

Look at the play again. Crabs just turned on a higher gear and was passing the DBs up just as he realized the ball was under thrown which was when he had an "Oh s**t" moment and tried to bail Alex out.

BTW, Calvin Johnson ran a 4.2 with someone else's shoes, so he jogs at Crab's full speed which makes it easier for CJ to slow down. CJ was a freak coming out of college. Crabs is a more polished route runner.

how is that not crabs fault? he should anticipate where the ball will land.. and dont tell me that crabs cant catch over that db.. i understand hes a polished route runner, but hes fast too.. catching is all about positioning, and crabs did nothing to position himself, only stumble
Man even in a win we have to find a way to berate one of our players. Tune into KNBR right now...Damon Bruce and everyone who calls..."DOOD BENCH ALECKS!!!" lol this is hilarious.

Because this was what was being said about Hill. His limitations were being pointed out in these types of wins. Man, imagine if Hill barely broke 100 yards in a game where we got 5 INTs. People would be wanting the deep ball and Alex Smith. Too bad Alex under threw the deep ball.

Yeah but I doubt you'd hear/see this vitriol that you see with Smith. I mean seriously man...turn on KNBR...you would think we lost the game.

I agree, Smith underthrew the ball. Thats why you gotta go deep MORE OFTEN. Thats not just for Smith but for any QB we have. We have to allow our QBs to get into rhythm. This just doesnt happen because our play calling and philosophy changes every single game. Sometimes it feels like every series in every game we try to do something different.

I still think Alex is showing progress. As for this game, I think it has more to do with the fact that we got the ball 5 times on turnovers and at the end of the game, we were staring right down the barrel of that Brett Favre/Titans comeback. We escaped this game more than won it. The Bears lost it more than we won it just as we were saying about the Titans and us giving it to them.

We should have won the Vikings, Colts, and Titans game but this game, we should have lost this game.

[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 12, 2009 at 22:33:43 ]

Originally posted by KALI-KING:
That dep throw was not Alex's fault, Crabtree was turned the wrong way, and then slipped.

He overthrew him, bad!
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

He overthrew him, bad!

overthrew him or under-threw him? you alex smith haters have to make up ur minds..

it seems that you guys are putting crabtree on a pedestal... I love him too, but that play was a rookie mistake im sorry.. if the play wasnt there he should have at least knocked the ball away and not slipped and just given the guy the interception
He completes 70% of his passes. He has one turnover, a long INT that is equivalent to a punt. He has a porous O-line that gives him no time to throw, and he is the problem? Do you ever notice how some QB's get to stand back there for 5-6 seconds, surveying the field? Never seen our QB with that luxury.

On guy that I think deserves some blame is VD. He has a drive-stopping false start twice a game. If he could cut that out it would make a difference.

He overthrew him, bad!

overthrew him or under-threw him? you alex smith haters have to make up ur minds..

it seems that you guys are putting crabtree on a pedestal... I love him too, but that play was a rookie mistake im sorry.. if the play wasnt there he should have at least knocked the ball away and not slipped and just given the guy the interception

Alex has to stop throwing deep to Crabs. dude has 3 interceptions by doing that. Go deep to Jason Hill or Davis. lol

He overthrew him, bad!

i usually back alex and i support him but i think that was his bad. he shouldve aimed for crabtree's right shoulder instead of left were the defender was and he under threw him
Share 49ersWebzone